• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox shine cancel

Amy

Smash Cadet
Yeah uhm, this video was taken like last night and I was trying out shine cancel, An hour later I mastered it without no slip ups :D.

Anyway the video is me in training goofing around attempting shine cancel, and I'm also going to be making two videos. These two video's will be a tutorial on how to wavedash with fox on the N64 version ( Just learnt how to do it last night ), and me doing a crazy combo with four shine cancels ( Which some people have said it's too hard and on Isai's lvl).

I'm going to need a lot of support to pull of this combo X.x.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEjGAJuS7qA

Amy

Smash Cadet
How do you wavedash with fox in the original?
It's the same as shine cancel, but faster and with more movement ( I suggest doing a diagonal/down).. Doing it correctly will make the shine disappear and give fox a slide effect. Someone uploaded it for me Thino has my bandwith or SOMETHING doesn't let me upload vids :s.

Edit: Malva00 no cheats, and yes I do use a controller I use a pc pad in the shape of a ps logitech.

Mars-

Smash Champion
It's the same as shine cancel, but faster and with more movement ( I suggest doing a diagonal/down).. Doing it correctly will make the shine disappear and give fox a slide effect. Someone uploaded it for me Thino has my bandwith or SOMETHING doesn't let me upload vids :s.

Edit: Malva00 no cheats, and yes I do use a controller I use a pc pad in the shape of a ps logitech.
And how do you shine cancel?

_kSo_

Smash Master
theres no slide, theres jsut the big cloud of white smoke that comes out behind him as a result of the shine. but fox does not slide when he shine cancels, and if he does, it is so little that it is irrelevant to making it look like he wavedashes

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I buttonslide, but Amy is claiming (maybe?) that she can do consecutive, quick shine cancels, which I can't really imagine trying on a controller.

Amy

Smash Cadet
Nice. very nice

but how do you apply it in battle?
Well it's not as usefull like in melee because that has more of a solid slide to it, but it can be used in close combat avoiding a smash atk or taking a stock for taunt :D. It's mainly something to piss people off.

Using an N64 pad for smash wouldn't it be easier to pull off? Besides it does take practice to learn like most things lol. <- Malva00 here is my lol.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I like it for tech chase setup. And if you get a quickly canceled shine near the edge, you can probably shine again for the kill.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I buttonslide, but Amy is claiming (maybe?) that she can do consecutive, quick shine cancels, which I can't really imagine trying on a controller.
i've tried it, it's like she described; you put the analog at like a diagonal down position and kinda dash after ever shine cancel

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, interesting. I have been messing around with fox shine cancel as well. I have been tryin to master the button slide for it as well, but if you hold the controller differently and have middle finger on c pad, and pointer on B, then I find it easier to LEARN it this way. Of course I dont believe you can fight that way, but you can always try it. If you did perfect this and implement it well in your game (I mean the whole semi-wavedash and 4 shine cancel combo, not the different way of holding controller), that would be sick, good luck.

Amy

Smash Cadet
you mean slow
No I mean fast! With shine cancel you can actually instantly turn in the opposite direction without the sluggy turn or the instant flick turn. Shine cancel ftw.

Ask Malva, me and him was talking about how it can be used in match and how effective it is with fox.

malva00

Smash Master
All I did was show her a video and gave a short description.

We didn't talk about how it could be used in a match or how effective it is.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Um, if anyone has played against my fox on a nice day...I do these quick shine turnaround a lot and it's quite useful, far better than dashdancing if you can do it well.

Maybe I should make a quick non-tas video

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
here's the thing, if you run up and shine cancel, the opponent is usually thrown in the direction that you are facing (unless you overshoot them and in which case they go the other way). Why would you need to quickly turnaround? the only thing i can think of is if you want to do a shorthop bair?

could you use it maybe to run at an opponent and then fake out by turning aroundn perhaps like a pivot? i'm just trying to think up of practical uses.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
usually I only use it when running away and quickly shining the run back at them when they don't expect it and then have fun. Or for the "WTF HAPPENED HOW DO YOU GO SO FAST" effect, run, shineturnaround, and slide usmash their face.

Thino

Smash Master
i always thought the opponent goes in the opposite direction when you shine him with the back half of fox body and goes forward when you shine him with the front of the shine

Amy

Smash Cadet
usually I only use it when running away and quickly shining the run back at them when they don't expect it and then have fun. Or for the "WTF HAPPENED HOW DO YOU GO SO FAST" effect, run, shineturnaround, and slide usmash their face.
That's the best part about it, Ant-D has no idea how fast the turnaround is lol. AND MALVA WE DID TALK WTH!

Top Bottom