• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox matchup help

F!R3

Smash Rookie
so I'm pretty new to Falco and my friend keeps doing full hop aerials into shine then repeating, how can I get past it beside a well timed shield grab

Lizalfos

Smash Master
FH is unsafe if he is hitting the top of your Shield. You have Shine OoS and Grab as you have stated you can also change your position by dash dancing away while he is in the air so that the shine he lands with isn't spaced to hit you, and punish with your dair or whatever.

F!R3

Smash Rookie
Well he usually waits to do his aerials until like the last second in hopes of shield poking me

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Then just up tilt or jump shine or airel him or something. Even Fsmash would work. You know he is aiming to go late and this scared him out of it.
Spacing is really key, you can hit him with practically anything you want since his attack whiffs and you have more control of position than he does. Lasers also help keep him on the ground and you can exert your own pressure so you don't have to constantly lose stage to his approach.

xLithiumx

Smash Cadet
Wavedash away and then SHFFL Nair shine. If Falco gets a shine on Fox, Falco can do anything. Try SHLing more, too. Out of shield, you can shine if you're fast enough, or, if you're lazy like me, you can try to D-air but it may not work. The MU for Falco is all about shines, lasers, and up-throw if you want. Hope that helped.

Top Bottom