• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox-Luigi

Bread Zeppelin

Smash Rookie
Can we talk about this matchup? My problems:

-Can't up-throw up-air since luigi nairs out of it
-Down-smash from luigi leads to so much percent for poor fox

Thoughts?

DAT_AIN'T_FALCO

Smash Rookie
NNID
002Zeldadude
As I play as fox, and Luigi I'd say you have to try fox's neutral B and rack up % with smash attacks and all of his neutral attacks. If you can't land a hit use his up air for a huge smash.

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
How I play neutral is a lot of shdl's and dash dancing out of wavedash range or using platforms to force luigi to jump ( which he's super floaty and his jump is pretty slow ) if I get a nair at early %s I immediately reverse up-tilt ( maybe twice ) bair. Whe. You up-throw him wait for the nair then punish him. Pretend like you forgot about it and let him throw it out. Also mix up down-throw later on like maybe 3rd stock high percent.there's a chance he'll be ready for up-throw and misses the tech which in turn is a free up-smash. If he also tends to DI up-throw correctly mix in back throw. Edgaurding is the toughest oart because his side-b can snap to the ledge and the 1/8( I think ) misfire. Best thing to do is watch where he side-b's. If he lines up with it grab the ledge and shine. If he goes high push him off until all his tools are gone

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Stuffing obvious wave dashing is easy with down tilt. but that's as a read, if you throw it out and miss, you can get punished. Back air covers so many options, and stops a lot of luigis approaches, so get comfortable with that too. don't play near the ledge if he is stalling on it with Fairs. it's a pretty slow MU, so get comfortable with lasers to force approaches. And if all else fails, remember to cross up the shield if you ever approach a blocking luigi. no point in giving him free shield grabs, or risk getting nair'd out of shield if your pressure is lacking. also, if luigi is falling with his back towards you, don't chase him. you don't have anything that'll consistently beat his back air either.

Top Bottom