• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox has a glide toss...Technically.

MelloGrunty

Smash Rookie
NNID
shotaberry
3DS FC
3797-7419-4357
not a fox main, but i was messing around with fox, beating up a CPU diddy, and was trying to see if fox has a glide toss. i wasn't able to glide toss normally, but i found out that if you do it slightly later (a little less than halfway through the roll animation) you still have the capability of throwing the item, which is sort of like a delayed glide toss. the other thing is, for some reason, you can only do it rolling forward. you can still throw it any direction tho.
this'll probably only really be helpful against diddy (doing this "semi-glide toss" could lead to a grab or even straight into an up-smash) but i did a quick search of the forum and no one else seems to have posted about it. figured i would let you guys know if any of you are looking for some easier ways to deal with and efficiently use diddy's banana.

MelloGrunty

Smash Rookie
NNID
shotaberry
3DS FC
3797-7419-4357
why can he only do it rolling forward? and why isn't it activatable on the first frame? i looked into the frame data and it was only frames 2-4 or 3-4 iirc (i was looking at it just after i posted this)
i'm mostly just curious as to why you can only do it when rolling forward as opposed to glide tossing with diddy (or any other characters that might be able to glide toss. not sure on how extensive that list is)

plus, have you tried it? it's a really good glide toss, which is the main reason i figured it was worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Glide tossing as a mechanic is about translating movement from a roll into the item throw animation. If you interrupt the roll animation with an item throw before you have movement, you don't get any. Not all rolls move on the same frames, and you can only interrupt the startup with an item throw for a certain amount of time. Hence why only some rolls grant a glide toss.

Top Bottom