• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox full hop dair shine vs Falco not working?

smashquestions12

Smash Rookie
Me: Fox

Them: Falco

How come whenever my full hop dair hits Falco, I get shined? I am trying to dair and then shine. When I practice solo on 20xx I am not missing my L-cancels. Is full hop dair to shine not guaranteed (excluding SDI/ASDI)? Or am I just constantly missing my L-cancel in this situation in tournaments?

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
it's guaranteed, unless you either miss your l cancel, or your last dair hitbox comes out misses (because they di'ed out of it)

smashquestions12

Smash Rookie
Thanks. By the way, if the Falco was in the air from a short hop (from lasering or an aerial, for example) is it still guaranteed (assuming the dair connects all the way to the ground / the Falco doesn't DI out of it)?

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
If you hit someone with a drill when they are in the air when they hit the ground they get out of hitstun as far as I recall

Dr. D

Smash Rookie
If your opponent is in the air and gets drilled, by the time that your drill ends and you L cancel they will be actionable before you can shine.

Top Bottom