• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Customization: We're Gonna Have Fun With This Thing

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I only had to unlock a few of Fox's customs to basically rebuild Wolf. While it won't get you back Wolf's kick ass normal attacks, you can use equipment to offset some of Fox's speed for power, and then, most importantly, swap out his specials.
Here's an overview of Fox's Custom Moves in Smash 4:

Custom B 2: A quick lazer that does more damage than it should and does have hitstun. Could end up being really good with equipment.

Custom B 3: A charge lazer. Charge can not be held, must be released. More powerful, but not that powerful, but still a good option.
Custom Side B 2: I have yet to unlock this one.

Custom Side B 3: Wolf's Side B, essentially. Travels at an angle, damages on start up and damages at the apex of it. Works really, really similar to Wolf's Side B.

Custom Up B 2: Like his normal Up B, except without fire, it doesn't damage and travels a little further. Seemed kinda useless, honestly. Fox has no trouble recovering in this game. It might have some sort of purpose I can't figure out, but I played with it for a while without finding any reason to use it over the normal one.

Custom Up B 3: GIGGGGAAAAA DRILLL. Fox gets surrounded by some weird ass wind drill thing, making it a multihit move with surprisingly decent kill power. Works somewhat similarly to Wolf's Up B.
Custom Down B 2: A bigger reflector that kinda sucks people in and doesn't do shine damage? I'm not sure. I couldn't figure out what the hell this thing's purpose was. Forgot to take a picture, my bad.

Custom Down B 3: Reflected projectiles travel back faster, but, like the other custom, doesn't do shine damage. Really, why would you use it if doesn't do shine damage?

So, if you want to essentially make Wolf Lite, throw on equipment to boost Fox's power at the offset of some of his speed and go with Custom B 2 or B 3, Custom Side B 3, and Custom Up B 3. Having a lot of fun with this, and I think it'll help people be okay with Wolf not being in this Smash.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Thanks for providing this information.Looking at this,wolf mains can come to a probable conclusion on why he was cut.

Last edited:

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
Thanks for providing this information.Looking at this,wolf mains can come to a probable conclusion on why he was cut.
that conclusion came to an end when dr mario lucina and dark pit showed up (to be fair those 3 were probably easier to add than wolf or lucas who were probably both low priority)

thanks for this thread tho op. what does side b 3 (the wolf one) do when it hits? does it spike like brawl? or sendaway like PM? or something else entirely?

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
that conclusion came to an end when dr mario lucina and dark pit showed up (to be fair those 3 were probably easier to add than wolf or lucas who were probably both low priority)

thanks for this thread tho op. what does side b 3 (the wolf one) do when it hits? does it spike like brawl? or sendaway like PM? or something else entirely?
Well,the more I look into fox's custom moveset,the more I see decreased possibility for wolf,Lucas and other characters from ever returning as dlc.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Shoots the opponent off at a bit of an angle.
For the record, I think Wolf still has a decent shot at returning if there is DLC. Even though Fox and Ness basically got Wolf and Lucas's specials as custom moves, it was Wolf and Lucas's normals that set them apart.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Not really at all, Fox with wolf like specials will still play pretty much completely different than Wolf did. Wolf's A attacks were completely different for one and even with custom moves we still only sorta get something vaguely resembling wolf. The only custom there that is really an exact rip of Wolf's is the side B. Plus he is still a completely different character that a lot of people (including myself) really liked. It would be really silly not to bring at least Wolf and Lucas back as DLC if they actually do DLC.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Why would you care about shine damage if shine straight up sucks now anyway. It doesn't gimp well at all, and it's too slow and weak to go for it and be worth it normally.

Faster projectiles and wind hitboxes legitimately sound far more beneficial for edgeguarding than his default shine.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
I think it is funny people still go around expecting DLC when I am pretty certain we have ZERO reason to expect it.
Honestly if you wanna play someone you miss, go back to Brawl, PM, or Melee, and play that when you wanna play the character you miss. It isn't as though those games don't exist now that there are new games. The only characters that should ever be considered 100% not gonna get kicked, and the only ones I will ever CARE about for permanence are: Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Fox, Samus, Link, Yoshi, DK, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Kirby... and that is because they've been in literally every game.

That said, thank you OP for this post :D
I have been looking around for custom stuffs to satiate my curiosity xD

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I think it is funny people still go around expecting DLC when I am pretty certain we have ZERO reason to expect it.
Honestly if you wanna play someone you miss, go back to Brawl, PM, or Melee, and play that when you wanna play the character you miss. It isn't as though those games don't exist now that there are new games. The only characters that should ever be considered 100% not gonna get kicked, and the only ones I will ever CARE about for permanence are: Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Fox, Samus, Link, Yoshi, DK, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Kirby... and that is because they've been in literally every game.

That said, thank you OP for this post :D
I have been looking around for custom stuffs to satiate my curiosity xD
The reason people expect there might be is because Nintendo likes money. Even Fire Emblem Awakening made quite a good chunk from their DLC and I'm sure Mario Kart's is already pre-selling really well. Smash Bros is huge, and people are crazy about the characters. It might be a ways out if they didn't have any pre-release DLC in development but I think there is a good chance there will be some. Nintendo was slow to the party but they are starting to get better with online stuff and things like DLC.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
The decision to make Wolf's specials (or similar moves) avaialble as Fox's custom moves was, most likely, made AFTER Wolf was decided to be cut.

Anyways, does anyone kow if Scarring with Wolf's old Side-b is back?

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
The reason people expect there might be is because Nintendo likes money. Even Fire Emblem Awakening made quite a good chunk from their DLC and I'm sure Mario Kart's is already pre-selling really well. Smash Bros is huge, and people are crazy about the characters. It might be a ways out if they didn't have any pre-release DLC in development but I think there is a good chance there will be some. Nintendo was slow to the party but they are starting to get better with online stuff and things like DLC.
Siting a handful of Nintendo games with DLC does not really increase the chances of Smash DLC. I doubt it will happen. Sakurai has even said before that we shouldn't plan on it OVER A YEAR AGO.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed

In any case, he said it could happen, but he also said there are not plans for it, so I would not get my hopes up.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Siting a handful of Nintendo games with DLC does not really increase the chances of Smash DLC. I doubt it will happen. Sakurai has even said before that we shouldn't plan on it OVER A YEAR AGO.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed

In any case, he said it could happen, but he also said there are not plans for it, so I would not get my hopes up.
it's not like sakurai hasn't lied to us before (AKA the Chrom situation. it's not a hard decision if he never saw potential.blind *******)

Top Bottom