• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Compilation Combo/Video Thread - (Early/In Progress)

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone~ This thread is devoted to compiling all of Fox's combos into one categorized list. I've been meaning to find one here, but it seems no one has been able to make one yet. So I'll be taking initiative (if you guys don't mind), because I love Fox very much~ I'm sure you do too! I'll try to gather as much data as possible and organize it into a command list of Fox's moveset so that people won't be lost or confused. Feel free to help out and post anything that is related to Fox's Combos/Moves/Playing styles/etc. And please list the pros and cons of each Moveset/Combo and if possible provide a link to a video, thank you~

I'm assuming we're all Fox mains here, so we should help each other fellow Fox mains out. I have no idea what I'm doing or how this is gonna turn out to be honest, but I'll try my best (forgive me if I mess up in any way). If you want to point out something wrong, feel free to do so. It'd help me. This requires team work~ So let's do our best to make our foxes stronger and represent our hero~!

(Please refrain from having casual discussion about Fox here. Other than that, discussion on his combos such as pros and cons are good. As much as I like chattering about Fox all day, all that can be done here in NAKAT's Discussion Thread. http://smashboards.com/threads/mission-complete-fox-discussion-thread.368875/)

Last edited:

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Combo/Move/Command List

Fox Dair
Fox's dair no longer directly combos into most moves, without the need of first being followed up with a dash. Dair now provides slight KB to the opponent, either in front of Fox or behind him. Which direction they go seems random, but possibly just based on DI. At really low percents, I like to combo dair into dtilt into SH fair (if you want to go further, I've also SH fair spiked (gravity spike) them into the ground, and that combos into upsmash--it's the only move I've found that combos into upsmash). Works well, and nullifies the need for a dash. The stipulation is that the opponent would have to pop in front of Fox, not behind him. -Virgman
Fox Utilt
Utilt at low percents repeatedly.

Pros: You can usually get about 4 or more if you start around 0.

Cons: hitbox is so narrow that it's most likely you can DI out of it. Not totally out of range, but instead into the move's blind spot (in front of fox).
Double Jab Canceling
1) Hold A. 2) Let Fox jab twice. 3) Let go of A. 4) Immediately Repeat.

"Fox's Jab Reset A, A, down, repeat. You can also just hold Jab until two hits have come up, then cancel it with down and repeat."

Pros:
Cons:
Flame Dashing
Brawl Advanced Technique where Fox can FireFox horizontally into a steep slope.

Pros: 300 frames of invincibility, it breaks shields, and has lagless transition into all of Fox's kill moves.
Cons: None
Pivot Grabbing
Dash towards opponent --> quickly turn around and immediately grab
Pros:
Cons:
Inertia Landing
In Speculation..
Fair Spike
SH to Fair to quick tapping down on the control stick.

Alternative Combo: combo dair into dtilt into SH fair (if you want to go further, I've also SH fair spiked (gravity spike) them into the ground, and that combos into upsmash--it's the only move I've found that combos into upsmash). Works well, and nullifies the need for a dash. The stipulation is that the opponent would have to pop in front of Fox, not behind him.
Other/Other Combos

Last edited:

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Fox Combo/Video Compilations

Fox's Alternate Custom Moves and Show Casing
Showcasing the advantages and disadvantages of each custom move
Match Ups
NAKAT (Fox) vs. ESAM (Pikachu)
Pro Super Smash Bros. Player Toronto Joe Gameplay FOX vs. MetaKnight 1080 P
TRTTGC1 Smash 3DS - Grim Turtle (Falcon) vs Megafox (Fox) - Losers Semis
Smash 4 3DS - GUARD (Fox) VS ??? (Bowser)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Double Jab Cancelling
Fair Spike
Flame Dashing
Pivot Grabbing
Inertia Landing

Other
Smash 4 - Possible Fox Techniques

Last edited:

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Well, here are a few already fairly well known ones.
Utilt at low percents repeatedly. You can usually get about 4 or more if you start around 0.
A, A, down, repeat. Fox's Jab Reset seems good in this game. You can also just hold Jab until two hits have come up, then cancel it with down and repeat.
Down Throw seems to go into forward air really well, especially at lower percents.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Well, here are a few already fairly well known ones.
Utilt at low percents repeatedly. You can usually get about 4 or more if you start around 0.
A, A, down, repeat. Fox's Jab Reset seems good in this game. You can also just hold Jab until two hits have come up, then cancel it with down and repeat.
Down Throw seems to go into forward air really well, especially at lower percents.
Thanks, would you say there are any cons to these movesets?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
[Combo/Move/Command List Descriptions]

Fox Utilt
Double Jab Canceling
1) Hold A. 2) Let Fox jab twice. 3) Let go of A. 4) Immediately Repeat.
Flame Dashing

Fox Copter Spike

Other

- A, A, down, repeat. Fox's Jab Reset. You can also just hold Jab until two hits have come up, then cancel it with down and repeat.
Regarding utilt, the hitbox is so narrow that im sure you can DI out of it. Not totally out of range, but instead into the move's blind spot (in front of fox).

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Fox's dair no longer directly combos into most moves, without the need of first being followed up with a dash. Dair now provides slight KB to the opponent, either in front of Fox or behind him. Which direction they go seems random, but possibly just based on DI. At really low percents, I like to combo dair into dtilt into SH fair (if you want to go further, I've also SH fair spiked (gravity spike) them into the ground, and that combos into upsmash--it's the only move I've found that combos into upsmash). Works well, and nullifies the need for a dash. The stipulation is that the opponent would have to pop in front of Fox, not behind him.

Flame Dashing doesn't have any cons. The pros, however, are obvious: 300 frames of invincibility, it breaks shields, and has lagless transition into all of Fox's kill moves.

Xmark

Smash Apprentice
I want to see this being done with fox in a video if possible. Anyone willing to try it out?

I know this is a Fox thread but man if people can cancel landing areals well Marth just may have a chance. The evolution of this game sure is moving quickly

Element_Demon

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I used to be an active member on allisbrawl, and I've been looking on the boards for quite some time. FInally got some free time to make an account. I've been a fox main since the 64 version. I'm not able to post any links on here yet because I'm a new member. If you type in "First Fox Combo" on youtube and look under most recent uploads you'll find my video. My name on my channel is Michael Panchu.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
up tilt repeatedly > grab > downthrow > forward air

The forward reach of the up tilt doesn't extend very far, and enemies seem to fall in that direction from repeated use. This is perfect for following up with another attack like a jab/tilt/grab. If you're good/lucky you might be able to get a few up tilts off, then do 2 single jabs followed by a grab. Fox can clinch strike fast in the grab, so you could get a couple hits off before a down throw and follow up forward air.

If you are sensitive with the slidepad (and eventually control stick) you might manage to turn around while performing an up tilt, keeping them in the hitbox for longer if they are directionally influencing themselves or just falling out of the combo. If you want to play it safe you can always just forward tilt them away after the up tilt juggle ends.

Between up tilt, forward tilt and turn around grab, you shouldn't feel too afraid of an enemy who is behind you. Let people roll up behind you to their demise.

Walking at people with forward tilt is great for pressuring and then punishing reactions. If they shield or dodge the attack, you are usually free to throw out another one or mix it up to keep the pressure. It's relatively safe considering how fast fox recovers from his forward tilt.

Last edited:

GreenBread

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceformation
3DS FC
1203-9525-6346
I found that if you run Wolf's Laser custom on fox, if you short hop laser it'll charge faster and shoot right as you hit the ground.

Linksmasher

Smash Rookie
hey guys, ill be short in my message because im not that good speakin on english... well i have my video and i found a very rare and interesting thing about the fox ilusion and it happens nearly the almost the 10 final seconds of the video
i hope some people (even i) find more situations like this

you can see, Link does a Meteor and the ilusion hit the sweetspot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IODjNr3z8ig

Last edited:

GreenBread

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceformation
3DS FC
1203-9525-6346
hey guys, ill be short in my message because im not that good speakin on english... well i have my video and i found a very rare and interesting thing about the fox ilusion and it happens nearly the almost the 10 final seconds of the video

I had something similar happen in Melee with Falco. My buddy and I both play Falco, and he tried dairing me to spike as I was recovering and it hit about the same exact spot and it blocked the hit entirely. I'm glad to see it back.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice

Wait. What is exactly happening? What's the interesting thing with the illusion? I'm still a bit confused. Is it how he lands and that ther's no lag?

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
Wait. What is exactly happening? What's the interesting thing with the illusion? I'm still a bit confused. Is it how he lands and that ther's no lag?
it looks like to me that link actually hits fox during the illusion (looks like link bounces too like when he hits someone) but fox is not affected or damaged

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
it looks like to me that link actually hits fox during the illusion (looks like link bounces too like when he hits someone) but fox is not affected or damaged
I believe what Link hit was the illusion that trails behind Fox. I was testing the illusion for the invincibility and armor list thread in the smash academy forum and found that Fox seems to gain intangibility during the first part of the illusion after he starts moving.

Here's the video I made showcasing what I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSxw2-dHWlQ

As you can see from the video, Fox passes right through the thunder jolt and then it clashes with the trailing illusion. It seems like the same thing is happening in the video Linksmasher posted.

Also, can we get this thread stickied?

Last edited:

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
I believe what Link hit was the illusion that trails behind Fox. I was testing the illusion for the invincibility and armor list thread in the smash academy forum and found that Fox seems to gain intangibility during the first part of the illusion after he starts moving.

Here's the video I made showcasing what I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSxw2-dHWlQ

As you can see from the video, Fox passes right through the thunder jolt and then it clashes with the trailing illusion. It seems like the same thing is happening in the video Linksmasher posted.

Also, can we get this thread stickied?
yup thats exactly what he hit

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
I watched the first few minutes of this, I hate to bash, but Fox looked like he was getting his butt handed to him by Falcon. What part of the vid were you referring to?
well just in general. This fox is so far the best fox I have seen going by megafoxes other matches as well. I mainly posted this so people can see a competitive fox player.

and the match was fairly close the first couple of mins :/. What are you talking about?

Last edited:

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
I found a lot of Megafox's combos interesting. His use of the u-tilt to start them off was particularly nice.

It may seem pretty obvious, but I agree that is some pretty good Fox play. Up there with NAKAT and ZeRo.

SilentManny

Smash Cadet
Lol i'm sorry but megafox's fox is far better then NAKAT's and ZeRo's. And the captain falcon was ultimate razor so hate to bash but don't think you'll do that well bud lol unless you're a top player which i doubt you are.

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
Warning Received
Lol i'm sorry but megafox's fox is far better then NAKAT's and ZeRo's. And the captain falcon was ultimate razor so hate to bash but don't think you'll do that well bud lol unless you're a top player which i doubt you are.
Posts like this... such face palm.

His opinion on that player has no correlation to his play, and his play is not being discussed.
Dumb lowblows like that are not constructive and just make you look like a... fill-in-the-blank.

i suggest living up to your username. (stay silent, if you have nothing constructive to add)

Last edited:

SilentManny

Smash Cadet
Posts like this... such face palm.

His opinion on that player has no correlation to his play, and his play is not being discussed.
Dumb lowblows like that are not constructive and just make you look like a... fill-in-the-blank.

i suggest living up to your username. (stay silent, if you have nothing constructive to add)
Or I could be simply stating the facts? I like the cute little bit about staying silent though ^^ very cute

Last edited:

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
Or I could be simply stating the facts? I like the cute little bit about staying silent though ^^ very cute
What fact did you state?

"you have a differing opinion than me? you'll never be good at Smash"
essentially what it boils down to...
and that's downright ignorant.

SilentManny

Smash Cadet
Simply stating the fact that these are top players and to say "but watching this made me feel much better about my chances in a tourney." is pretty much talking lowly of both players. Just stating chances are you will most likely not do nearly as well.

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
Simply stating the fact that these are top players and to say "but watching this made me feel much better about my chances in a tourney." is pretty much talking lowly of both players. Just stating chances are you will most likely not do nearly as well.
When stated that way, i agree with you to some extent.
But it came off very douchey to begin with.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
It just seemed to me that MegaFox wasn't able to do what he was trying to do. I'm not knocking the guy, he looks very capable, but he seemed to be getting frustrated, especially during his recoveries. The other player was able to take advantage of that. Both players looked skilled, but watching this made me feel much better about my chances in a tourney.
megafox never gets frustrated you little piece of leftover ****. he's more skilled than you will ever be capable in your life and his recoveries take more thought process than you going through 1 pathetic week of your miserable life. Both players look skilled? They don't just look it. THEY ARE. More than you'll ever be in smash. Consider picking up mario kart for a game on your ****ing level. By watching this you feel better about your chances? You think you would last more than 2 minutes against either player? Im sure you'd be "frustrated" when you cant get get top ****ing 32 at a 33 man tourney. smft, ****ing frauds these days

SilentManny

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
My apologies good sir! I meant no disrespect <3

megafox never gets frustrated you little piece of leftover ****. he's more skilled than you will ever be capable in your life and his recoveries take more thought process than you going through 1 pathetic week of your miserable life. Both players look skilled? They don't just look it. THEY ARE. More than you'll ever be in smash. Consider picking up mario kart for a game on your ****ing level. By watching this you feel better about your chances? You think you would last more than 2 minutes against either player? Im sure you'd be "frustrated" when you cant get get top ****ing 32 at a 33 man tourney. smft, ****ing frauds these days
Well that escalated quickly lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
If you manage not to get punished for dash attacking with Fox, it actually creates a lot of things for him.

At low % it leads to Utilts. At high % it can lead up to an Uair

First 2 jabs when landed at high percentages is such a great kill option since after the jabs you can immediately Up, down, or forward smash.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lol i'm sorry but megafox's fox is far better then NAKAT's and ZeRo's.
How do you know? Megafox is obviously one of the best Foxes right now - as expected - but calling him the best on a whim makes you look ignorant rather than smart.

So far I'd say Zero, Nakat, Megafox, TKD and Sodrek are the best Fox players in no particular order.

:059:

RPK

Smash Lord
Um...On another note, I'm putting up some videos of me and a friend playing some matches if you guys wanna watch :x We're normally pretty drunk when we play so the matches aren't amazing, but they still have some nice stuff in em every now and then from the both of us. I have quite a few uploading right now of our recent matches.
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoruTaro/videos

Top Bottom