• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox can still shine-spike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
W Jr, your sig is gory....

anyway the shine spike was one of the many reasons Fox was higher up on the blasted column of text we know as the tier list. however, Fox's alleged nerfing of various attacks, and the insane beefing up of various lower tier characters, we will achieve perfect balance

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
I agree with you but after a while the game is gonna get boring quick because u cant do much mind game u cant make urself so unpredictible nd stuff like that its just SIMPLE. nd thats it.

did you say you can't do mindgame or make yourself unpredictable. you'd literally break your wii before you know what people are going to do before they do it, and mindgames are natural. getting hit by a FALCON PUNCH is by far more demoralizing than a marth dair.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
this Doppelganger of a real Fox upsets. I want the Fox that took so many stock from me from random up A's over the years. I don't play Fox, and I never did like him but I would have felt accomplished beasting him in Brawl. meh oh well.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's because you're a dumb n00b
no... that's because they corrected an exploited little area of the game's physics engine. Something that wasn't supposed to be in there was removed... sounds more like good work than a bad decision to me, no matter how prevalent abuse of the physics had become... that just makes a LOT of people exploiters instead of a few, but it doesn't make exploitation any less shady.

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
Shinespike=shining them off the edge for a quick kill. That video didn't have any shinespkes. It did have Fox using shine, which was already known when Fox was announced.

As far as wavedashing, the Melee form is gone as of this moment, so this decrease Fox's versatility. The general opinion so far is that Fox has been toned down quite a bit.
It was the fact that the shine sent bowser down wards, I believe.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
The real great thing about the shine was the fact that it worked the same way at any damage. They made the mistake, or more likely, were forced off the edge, and one quick easy punish killed off an entire stock.

We need to know if the shine still has a set knockback!

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
i admit i was a liitle upset that wavedashing isnt in but it doesnt matter if u have a high amount of technical skill and uber mindgames such as myself.:chuckle:

Banned via Administration
i admit i was a liitle upset that wavedashing isnt in but it doesnt matter if u have a high amount of technical skill and uber mindgames such as myself.:chuckle:
having technical skill wont be that important in brawl.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Premium
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
having technical skill wont be that important in brawl.
That is highly doubtful. Eventually the game will get pretty technical. It may not reach the level of Melee, but then again it may surpass it too.

Anyways, on topic. I actually use precious little of the shine as an attack with my Fox. So when I do use it, it usually blind sights who I'm fighting. I may be doing it a bit more though. I never wavedashed or anything like that, but I did rely on foxes speed for a lot of shield grab combos. If he has changed too much I'll have to completely re haul my strategy. And I don't mind that, in a way I am actually hoping for it. ^_^

Off Topic: <3 post 900. ^_^ Only took seven years. :D

thegreatace

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Wavedashing wasn't supposed to be IN in the first place in Melee.
If it was, the character probably would have made a wavedashing sound instead of a jumping one.

I'm pretty sure a match isn't supposed to sound like this when you play Luigi in Melee:
Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Hoo! Waah! Waah! Hoo! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Hoo!
LOL so true hahaa :)

In the newest game I'm not sure, but I think shine spiking is harder to land, but is possible because I've preformed a shine spike twice. Once being on an actual player. I just started as Fox and I am really hoping on improving my shine spikes any tips that can help me would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom