• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox can still shine-spike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140

It's seen in this video at 0:23, 0:27, 0:50 and 1:26. Best visible at 0:27 because bowser is actually sent diagonally downward. since this is the fox thread, I hope there will be less *whine* Oh god please no more no stupid fox noob-move *whine* and more "hell yeah, we can still pwn you all :grin:"

Is anything known about wavedashing yet btw? There should be an airdodge onto the ground in some movie where we can se in case the character slides or not.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shinespike=shining them off the edge for a quick kill. That video didn't have any shinespkes. It did have Fox using shine, which was already known when Fox was announced.

As far as wavedashing, the Melee form is gone as of this moment, so this decrease Fox's versatility. The general opinion so far is that Fox has been toned down quite a bit.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
Althought that wasn't really a shine SPIKE, shinespike is still in game. I believe Gimpyfish credited someone for doing the first shinespike in Brawl...

AND IT WASN'T ZELGADIS.. ZOMG
:: Suicides ::

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Seems Sakurai does have some sense of nerfing (as opposed to buffing. see: MK, mario) because yea Fox got nerfed, but he's still pretty good. Same with Peach.

It'll be difficult to adjust my thinking of Fox because so used to him being godly, but it'll be a welcome change.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Gimpy said from the 2nd day Fox isn't as bad as they thought anymore meaning he's pretty good.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Althought that wasn't really a shine SPIKE, shinespike is still in game. I believe Gimpyfish credited someone for doing the first shinespike in Brawl...

AND IT WASN'T ZELGADIS.. ZOMG
:: Suicides ::
"It wasn't zelgadis" o.O :laugh:

But look, bowser IS being sent diagonally downward at 0:27, just follow fox. Fox uses shine. bowser gets all blue and electric, sort of, and then he falls of that platform. Oh well, someone has already done it, so I'm happy :)

Well, I've got nothing more to say

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I still think fox is a top tier character, hes just not a god character anymore.
Fox never was a god tiered character. He wasn't broken enough in melee to be considered a god. I don't know if he will be top tier anymore, we'll have to see how much priority his attacks have when brawl comes out, but I'm hoping that he is still upper-mid to upper tier. I'm think the shine may now be more of a gtfo type of move to create some breathing room between him and the opponent, since I hear it knocks everyone down like in 64. His lasers got nerfed big time though, they don't go very far now. I wish if they were going to do that, they made the laser stun. I'd like to say that I will stay loyal to fox when the game comes out, but I only think I will play him if he is still upper tier or higher. I really only like to play top or high tiered characters in every game that I play.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Shinespike=shining them off the edge for a quick kill. That video didn't have any shinespkes. It did have Fox using shine, which was already known when Fox was announced.

As far as wavedashing, the Melee form is gone as of this moment, so this decrease Fox's versatility. The general opinion so far is that Fox has been toned down quite a bit.
So...how does wavedashing work now? Poor Fox...:(

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
shinespiking is actually not only seemingly more difficult but drastically less effective, most characters can recover from the angle it sends you with relative ease.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Some people don't see shinespiking = less effective as a good thing. Same thing as wavedashing being out. Lag canceling being in along with dash dancing is all we really need folks.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Some people don't see shinespiking = less effective as a good thing. Same thing as wavedashing being out. Lag canceling being in along with dash dancing is all we really need folks.
That's true. It'd be like SSB64 (I've never done advanced tech in that game though). It's just...wavedashing and shinespiking was so fun (and effective). I'll miss that; I was hoping that wavedashing would carry over - especially since I've memory-muscled it, I might do it on accident and end up getting punished for it. :ohwell:

Rex+

Smash Ace
That's true. It'd be like SSB64 (I've never done advanced tech in that game though). It's just...wavedashing and shinespiking was so fun (and effective). I'll miss that; I was hoping that wavedashing would carry over - especially since I've memory-muscled it, I might do it on accident and end up getting punished for it. :ohwell:
Amen.
I've trained hard to learn how to wavedash/shinespike effectively for online matches, now one's gone and the other is weakened...
I'm depressed. :/

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Can't pretend to know how the new mechanics of the move work, but really it needed to be toned down to bring fox down some.

I mean, I think most people would agree that, ideally, there ARE no tier lists and that every character was on equal ground. Obviously, the mechanics that Fox's reflector were given in brawl had unforseen consequences of making fox too powerful.

Most people might think to change the move so that it sucked: fox's reflector is meant to do just that: reflect. and it's being used to cheaply kill so let's make it do no damage at all. But sakurai apparently said: no, all we need to do is make it so that the move cannot be abused anymore. from what I've heard, he's done just that: lowered the ability of the reflector to be used as an offensive manuever while not rendering it useless

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I liked all the cool tricks you could do with it before though! At least it doesnt suck its was just brought down to what it should be.

Rex+

Smash Ace
I liked all the cool tricks you could do with it before though! At least it doesnt suck its was just brought down to what it should be.
Fox was meant to abuse his shine. :/
They just brought it down to the right "fairness" level. I don't mind that, but having to hold down and B while jumping is a bit of a pain.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
What shine? Fox has attacks that make pretty sparkles like Zelda?

Oh, you mean his Reflector. I wish people still called it that.

Donkey_Kong

Smash Cadet
http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140

It's seen in this video at 0:23, 0:27, 0:50 and 1:26. Best visible at 0:27 because bowser is actually sent diagonally downward. since this is the fox thread, I hope there will be less *whine* Oh god please no more no stupid fox noob-move *whine* and more "hell yeah, we can still pwn you all :grin:":laugh::embarrass:dizzy::ohwell::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: and omg im so gay for shinesparking i do it every single time i can in turnaments so i can rack up the kills nad sends teh noobz flying off and getting scared and saying "ur movin' wit' your auntie and uncle in bel'air" because it makes me feel so superior to use absolutely broken f***-all tactics to give myself a cheap advantage over every character in the game, the game itself being declared SO GODLY ****ING BALANCED BEYOND EVERY FIGHTIN GAME EVER MADE despite knowing that Fox himself completely breaks the game's spine right in half with tactics JUST LIKE THESE, but holy **** i cant believe its back omgomgomgomgomg ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ha take oooon me

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
@ Donkey_Kong:

I said I had no more to say, but I have to defend myself against that, which first of all was quite unnecessary if you ask me.

Just for your infromation, fox had quite a set of counters in mellee, as jigglypuff for example. And I would like to point out that I'm not good at all at mellee compared to you and have never been in a tournament (allthough I would really like to), and even if I would be in a tournament I would certainly NOT say those things. Plus I would probably play as Samus mostly.

And now, what really made me out of mood: "Omg I'm so gay"... What crap is that Donkey_Kong? You both humiliated me as you at the same time said that being gay is something bad. You shouldn't use "gay" as a insult, because that's a very mean thing to do, for those two reasons.

And who forgot the old saying: "If you can't beat them, join them"

P.S. Sorry for any uncorrect grammar, I'm swedish you know :)

4 Aces

Smash Ace
have to adapt? LOL this is the smallest adjustment you guys will be making, the game plays almost nothing like melee folks
No arguments there. From what I've seen and heard, it's quite a leap. I was just joking and playing along about the shinespikes and wavedashes though.

Donkey Kong: 1. It's shinespiking, not shinesparking 2. That was incredibly ridiculous and unnecessary.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Im think that they are purposely not showing us stuff. Like wavedashing and stuff. It still might be in. Along with other stuff... Did anybody see any character l-cancel yet?
Yeah, plus Nintendo would not probably at their own free will show ways to abuse the game in public, before it is even released :chuckle: They would probably never do that. That's what smashboards.com is for d^_^

Vex47

Smash Rookie
Wavedashing is OUT. Nintendo changed the entire air-dodge mechanic. Gimpy and the others have been stating that for almost a month now. Its gone, get used to it.

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
omg. i cant wait till this game comes out. Im happy to see Fox can still Shine Spike. but i wana kno if the game will still allow Advance Techs.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
omg. i cant wait till this game comes out. Im happy to see Fox can still Shine Spike. but i wana kno if the game will still allow Advance Techs.
read these two quotes bellow.

wavedashing will not be in becauseof hte new airodge mechanics

ugh people let it go lol
Wavedashing is OUT. Nintendo changed the entire air-dodge mechanic. Gimpy and the others have been stating that for almost a month now. Its gone, get used to it.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Wavedashing wasn't supposed to be IN in the first place in Melee.
If it was, the character probably would have made a wavedashing sound instead of a jumping one.

I'm pretty sure a match isn't supposed to sound like this when you play Luigi in Melee:
Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Hoo! Waah! Waah! Hoo! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Waah! Hoo!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I aint even read this lol thanx though.. **** i guess our YOUNG spirits and creative minds will have to find cool glitches nd make them into advanced techs lol. to make this game MORe exciting :).

Im glad theyre out, hopefully l-canceling is out too, because the way it works, and what it does was not originally intended to happen.

Make the game what it was supposed to be. An all out brawl! :)

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
Im glad theyre out, hopefully l-canceling is out too, because the way it works, and what it does was not originally intended to happen.

Make the game what it was supposed to be. An all out brawl! :)
I agree with you but after a while the game is gonna get boring quick because u cant do much mind game u cant make urself so unpredictible nd stuff like that its just SIMPLE. nd thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom