• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Better in Brawl or Sm4sh?

Is Fox better in Sm4sh or Brawl

• Sm4sh

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Brawl

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Dark_Knight_X1

Smash Cadet
Hello guys I am DKNX1 and I want to ask you if Fox is better in Brawl or Smash 4. And I dont just mean attacks, I mean design, taunts and stuff like that. Just in general. My opinion? Well, moveset I can't really tell but I do know that in Sm4sh there is more variable damages in attacks from regular, far or close distance more technical than every game so far. I'm not like m2k with the frame knowledge and heck I've only had 3DS for like a month but Brawl for two years so I'll go with design. I noticed that in brawl all of that stuff was much less cartoony and Fox's 'come on' taunt was very... realistic with a cool and unwelcoming voice but in Sm4sh it was all just muffled and cartoony. In melee his voice is pretty throaty which was a bit hardcore and I didn't like, Brawl was perfect. Wii U somewhat had my appreciation because they changed Sonic and Pit's annoying as heck taunts and replaced them (and we get :4palutena: doing a stripper imitation) but everything became worse when it comes to design. Disagree? Wanna fill me on on the moveset? You decide :)

BTW if they add in Wolf as a veteran DLC fighter (and hopefully they will) he'll have a good moveset and the classic Brawl taunts :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fox is so, so much better in Brawl. The only main reason he was even mid-tier in this game was the prevalence of chaingrabs/chainthrows and him being a victim to them due to his fast falling speed. He may be better relative to the cast in Smash 4, but as a character he's superior in Brawl. He has a better jab, a faster and more reliable Reflector that can spike and can be used for edgeguarding andcompletely stalls his momentum. His Blaster is fires faster and can rack damage greater than in Smash 4, and he doesn't feel so frail as compared to that game oddly enough to me.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
While Fox looks (and, as I think we all agree, sounds) much better in Brawl, I'd say that competition-wise Smash4's Fox is better, as he's not as vulnerable to chaingrabs and edgehogs and combos very well.

Not to get me wrong, Brawl Fox was pretty good. A very underrated character in Europe and Americas, just take a look at the good japanese Fox players.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Brawl for starters Brawl Fox doesn't need easy footstool setups in Smash-4 to rack up damage and as well the damage ratio is decreased a lot. As well, even the best Fox players didn't utilize everything of Fox like his Boost Pivot Grab, Jab cancels, Wave dash Shine that could be used to set up some tricky set ups all together.

Also Chain grabbing is so yesterday as of now, players like myself know how to SDI and DI Wall techs and so forth properly so Chain grabs wont stock kill Fox that easily.

Last edited:

Dark_Knight_X1

Smash Cadet
While Fox looks (and, as I think we all agree, sounds) much better in Brawl, I'd say that competition-wise Smash4's Fox is better, as he's not as vulnerable to chaingrabs and edgehogs and combos very well.

Not to get me wrong, Brawl Fox was pretty good. A very underrated character in Europe and Americas, just take a look at the good japanese Fox players.
Thankyou. Yeah, I think we all agree with the sounds.

BlushFactory

Smash Cadet
Sm4sh took the flaws from Brawl and made them worse. That goes for almost every character.

But Fox is just so "wonky" in 4 its ridiculous.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Sonic and pit sound worse in smash 4.
Pit sounds more obnoxious now when he taunts. His new voice is more annoying to me.

Sonic had his iconic "your too slow!" And "come on step it up!" Replaced With the dumb " SONIC SPEED" and generic "Come on!" Seriously? It's like they NERFED HIS TAUNTS.

Top Bottom