• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
happy BIRFDAY

ray en or ex
happy bday raynex =D <3
Dayum, thanks for the advice.

Lots of people have birthdays in Dec, lol.

Have a good one.
thanks you hoes. <3 fox boards.

happy birfday raynman

can u shine oos without leaving the ground, i can only do the slightly sh shine oos and its hard to follow up, but u can cancel it quicker.

thanks soapy. I can do it a lil less than half the time I try. KK can it pretty well, but he can't do anything after it. If I get the shine oos I can wavedash out and do stuff. If I **** it up I just double jump onto something and waveland. Thats how I practice it. lmao

GodheadsLamentX

Smash Apprentice
Serious and important question:

I'm trying to perfect my shffl's and I was thinking about if it would be better to press jump (X for me) and then press A (this is what I do at the moment) or to slide from X to A (I feel a bit unconfortable with this at the moment).

If I press X and A I can do it pretty constantly but if I slide from X to A the nair comes out faster (for me this is only significant for nairs, because I use the C-stick for all other aerials).

Should I try to lern to press A faster or should I try to implant the sliding method in my gameplay? Any advice ?
I only use A for Jabs/tilts. Shuffle aerials I use Z instead of A because it sits right near my index. Less movement/effort on my hands.

Sliding and C-sticking aerials seem to work better with 2nd jumps instead of right off the ground, I feel.

Its purely about preference, though. Give Z a try.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
alright.

nair shine vs. sheik is dumb. if you pressure her shield with it she CCs anyways and dsmashes. Her nair oos is also very homosexual.

-_-

I wish shine ->jc uair could work to pressure shields. Too bad its ****ing slow as hell. T_T

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You could nair shine then wait for her to CC dsmash and CC up smash her. lol jk

Ah yeah, and happy birthday raynex, oh.. it was yesterday =/ w.e

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
is bair the only way to keep marth off the stage?
lol
cuz that's where i struggle
(that and approaching)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
alex really doesn't have an efficient method of edge-guarding marth. : /

and he has no idea how to properly d.i. marth's combos, or escape them.

edit: escape *some* of them.
i believe it.
haha

but i don't know how to keep marth off man... it's... too... hard.
nothing was done textbook, it was just a friendly, a badass one at that. first marth edgeguard was hilarious
haha yeah
but it's ridiculously entertaining.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The backwards lightsheild on the ledge trick really limits Marth's recovery. If done right, it keeps marth from measuring the recovery so that he goes straight to the ledge. If they don't go straight to the ledge, they'll definetly be left open after the recovery either for a edgehog or an attack. Of course, it's not that simple, it does take some good reading of your opponent.

Also, anyone care to critique this match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiVN1Z8gJ7M

I know my edgeguard needs work, but any other comments on where I could improve are wanted.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Don't always buffer a spotdodge after you tech/get up.

And try to use your dashdance to dodge aerial approaches better.

Whenever he does sth stupid/laggy grab him and combo from there.

Adn work on your edgeguard.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i got some stupid questions.

does jab have more shield stun then shine?

also anyone got any tips when tech chasing or just following up a combo, and opponent spot dodges? i feel anything other than grab puts me outta position. and (particularly falco) mofos shine after the spot dodge or something and i get combo'ed

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shieldstun iirc has something to do with damage.

In which case, no, the Jab (4% at max power) does not do more stun than the Shine (5% at max power).

*waits patiently for someone with more knowledge to appear*

When tech chasing and you think someone will spot-dodge because you didn't react fast enough to a tech in place, do an U-smash. If they have a fast spot-dodge then you'll probably hit with the back part of the U-smash and knock them over again, and if they don't then you hit an U-smash.

Alternatively, just react faster.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'm assuming you mean JC charged Usmash, right? Or, do I just wait for the spotdodge and then Usmash normally?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
just do a regular usmash. Tech-chasing with nair is cool sometimes because people forget to CC and d.i. it alot so you get free nair jugges or nair -> usmash combos.

But in a tourny setting tech-chase grab or usmash are your best options. If you are in a situation where you tech-chased your opponent towards a ledge, run at them and shine. It knocks them off and sets them up to be gimped.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i have a question.
when i get an up throw on fox/falco at low percents, i usually just usmash or utilt and try to grab again.
would it be more efficient to go the flashy route (imo) and just shine WD jab and try to grab again?

idk if this makes sense. haha

SCOTU

Smash Hero
shieldstun is based off damage dealt, however, specials don't always abide by it. Shine leaves you at frame advantage (w/ respect to jump timing not real advantage) jab leaves you at disadvantage on everything except the jab part 2.

edit: zomg i typed jab w/ a 'p' instead of 'b' and it censored it LOL

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i have a question.
when i get an up throw on fox/falco at low percents, i usually just usmash or utilt and try to grab again.
would it be more efficient to go the flashy route (imo) and just shine WD jab and try to grab again?

idk if this makes sense. haha
usmash/utilt is better. Or just re-grab. In friendlies do what you like, but use the safer options in tourny and stuff. You probably know that though, haha.

edit: zomg i typed jab w/ a 'p' instead of 'b' and it censored it LOL
lol wtf.

let me try.

edit: LOL

FalcoTailSlice

Smash Rookie
this stuff is crazy, honestly im better than anyone i know at smashbros melee but i dont know how to do any of this stuff, anyone have like a training video on youtube or something? for fox or falco

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yeah it is...but you are better off just asking your questions here...unless he is really new..then he should consult the 'everything' guide.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
usmash/utilt is better. Or just re-grab. In friendlies do what you like, but use the safer options in tourny and stuff. You probably know that though, haha.
oh cool. i usually go for the safest, but now and then i wanna be flashy and i wondered if it was better/harder for them to get out of. thanks. haha

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
cg is dumb. I only use it vs. Falco when I'm losing. Vs. fox you can do anything and still win. anything works on FFallers its silly.

**** maybe I should write a guide on match-ups and edge-guarding stuff for Fox...

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
cg is dumb. I only use it vs. Falco when I'm losing. Vs. fox you can do anything and still win. anything works on FFallers its silly.

**** maybe I should write a guide on match-ups and edge-guarding stuff for Fox...
Lol. My ears are open, Raynex. A fresh match-up guide would be really useful in the Fox forums.

Top Bottom