• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171

adam87

Smash Rookie
I can waveshine and multishine. I just need to know how to put it into a combo or shield pressure? Anybody know some good shield pressure? Or pressure in general?
I just got back from a tournament and one guy really messed me up by multishining. A good end combo could be an up smash or down smash. Or if you can get them to fall of the edge with it run off the edge real fast and shine them to spike them away it should kill them.

zChaos

Smash Rookie
What should I do against a shiek player on FD? I get smashed every time against sheik on FD

T0RN

I'm Torn
What should I do against a shiek player on FD? I get smashed every time against sheik on FD
Move around a lot. Be very quick. Bait attacks in various ways such as running up then wave dashing away. Word on not being shield grabbed/naired oos. You can practice this in 20XX. Abbroach with nairs/dairs when they mess up, and be aggressive with shines and grabs. ANd btw u stole my profile pic :awesome: jk it's all good.

Last edited:

zChaos

Smash Rookie
Move around a lot. Be very quick. Bait attacks in various ways such as running up then wave dashing away. Word on not being shield grabbed/naired oos. You can practice this in 20XX. Abbroach with nairs/dairs when they mess up, and be aggressive with shines and grabs. ANd btw u stole my profile pic :awesome: jk it's all good.
Thanks bro! Will try that next time I verse and Sheik player. Appreciate it bro! :) Thanks

Berble

Smash Apprentice
when i'm at mid stage and falcos at the ledge and i know hes going to double laser, what is the best way to punish it? this is assuming i don't have enough time to get to a side platform to drop through bair and the falco is doing low double lasers so full hop nair doesn't hit. i hear people say to crouch cancel the lasers but i feel like its easy for the falco to react and just dair or follow the cc'ed lasers up anyways. what should i do?

unknown522

Some guy
Where should I DI Marth's Up tilt?
Could vary depending on percent and stage position. If you're getting hit by u-tilt from the front, usually you want to SDI behind him, unless you're going to get spiked at the edge or tipper f-smashed at the edge. Sometimes you want to DI away so that you go straight up (usually center stage), so that you will go too high for him to follow-up with something that may lead into an edgeguard/tipper f-smash. If you get hit by the backside of u-tilt, usually DI away, but it probably won't matter.

Then there's other things like purposely DIing to make yourself edge-cancel of a platform to escape combos, or try to ASDI down and tech if you get hit while on a platform

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Could vary depending on percent and stage position. If you're getting hit by u-tilt from the front, usually you want to SDI behind him, unless you're going to get spiked at the edge or tipper f-smashed at the edge. Sometimes you want to DI away so that you go straight up (usually center stage), so that you will go too high for him to follow-up with something that may lead into an edgeguard/tipper f-smash. If you get hit by the backside of u-tilt, usually DI away, but it probably won't matter.

Then there's other things like purposely DIing to make yourself edge-cancel of a platform to escape combos, or try to ASDI down and tech if you get hit while on a platform
I love you unknown!!

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
How do I become consistent on wins because I can handle players better than me but for some reason I sometimes struggle vs. slightly worse or way worse players.

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
I finally got a match on stream for me to self-critique!
I'm making notes of my own on stupid mistakes I made, and why I made them/what I could've done better, but I'd highly appreciate everyone else's input as well!

http://www.twitch.tv/orangecountysmash/b/616135165
14:37 is the match, if the link doesn't work correctly

Falco I think is by far my worst matchup. I feel like any medium technical Falco shuts me down on tech skill alone lol.

don't watch the second match, it's of my on-tilt Marth.

help guys, I don't wanna lose to someone named Mind Assassin again ;_;

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Whenever I shield drop -> Shine, I stay on the platform I just shined from, and get stuck in the shine. Does landing while starting the shine affect the timing to jump out, or am I just consistently messing up?

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Whenever I shield drop -> Shine, I stay on the platform I just shined from, and get stuck in the shine. Does landing while starting the shine affect the timing to jump out, or am I just consistently messing up?
Not to my knowledge. Even the frame perfect, so called "grounded shines" out of jump only land on frame 6, counting the hitbubble frame as 1, so landing would make you get stuck in double shines as well. My guess is that you accidentally turn in shine, maybe two times in a row because of the shielddrop motion. That happens to me often.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Whats the best way to Practice Spacing, What level CPU should I use to practice Chain Grabs, and when I do the infinite on a CPU Samus she sometimes gets out with a Roll or a Jab so does it need to be almost perfect or no?

SwagBallz

Smash Rookie
What's the best way to not fall prey to an edge camping Marth? My friend likes to camp under platforms near the edge and just wait for me to make a mistake and throw me out of stage and edge guard me or throw me on a platform to up tilt and uair **** me. Should I try to laser camp him back or should I just not be a scrub and not get grabbed?

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
What's the best way to not fall prey to an edge camping Marth? My friend likes to camp under platforms near the edge and just wait for me to make a mistake and throw me out of stage and edge guard me or throw me on a platform to up tilt and uair **** me. Should I try to laser camp him back or should I just not be a scrub and not get grabbed?
Try baiting the Marth to Swing like Wavedash back and run in.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
(I know its a Double Post, try to ignore because I have a question) Whats the best way to cover all of Fox's recovery options. I know how to stop them its just I have trouble guessing.

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
Does anyone have a method for telling if you're getting a max-distance wavedash?
I guess I can tell when I'm doing a "pretty good sized wavedash", but does someone have a trick, like markings on the floor of some stage or something?

defamstv

Banned via Administration
Hey everyone! I just started a youtube channel, Its called DefAmsTV
Itl be featuring mostly older games, my first game is super smash 64, had a blast playing it with a friend, Id apreciate it if you guys could show some love, check it out, leave a comment, subscribe, tell me what you think.

just search up; Super Smash 64 after over 10 years. (Pt.1)

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers

King Mob

Smash Cadet
Whats the best way to Practice Spacing, What level CPU should I use to practice Chain Grabs, and when I do the infinite on a CPU Samus she sometimes gets out with a Roll or a Jab so does it need to be almost perfect or no?
Go to pokemon stadium and use the marks on the ground as targets (this is also a good way to practice dancing). The best way is to play people, though.

I think M2K said 3 or 4

Don't worry about infinites.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Go to pokemon stadium and use the marks on the ground as targets (this is also a good way to practice dancing). The best way is to play people, though.

I think M2K said 3 or 4

Don't worry about infinites.
I'm not too worried about Chain Grabs btw (I use PM Wifi to practice MU's and Fundamentals, so far I'm doing very well) I can do it but I sometimes mess up. Thanks btw

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
In order to shine OoS with a jump, you have to go through 3 frames of jumpsquat before you are able to shine. If you shield drop, you are able to shine on the first frame OoS (I think, maybe second).
4 frames of prejump shine on frame 5.

Who wants to critique my fox tomorrow? Im losing matches by virtually playing opponents with too MUCH respect.

SRGE

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if there is a frame difference when you're going for a running shine between jump canceling or crouch canceling the dash momentum? The reason I ask is because I think using jump canceled shines would help me be more consistent with grounded shine OoS's and staying grounded with multishines.

Top Bottom