• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
really? i don't even light shield and i shield it pretty consistently. i really don't take a lot of shield damage from samus lol

edit- roman i see you there. i brought ur controller and everything, where you at?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
omfg I tried playing brawl teams friendlies today

holy **** that game is boring as ****. also metaknight is really good o_O

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
congrats. Good work.
I'm a little upset about my set with rat. I know I can beat him if I play right, but game 1 he suicided his last 2 stocks by just getting caught under battlefield and then he suicided first stock game 2. Hes my friend so I really felt bad and I think I held a back because of it. He stepped it up the rest of game 2 and game 3 and took the win. Reneblade recorded all the matches from the tournament so they should be up soon!

Palpi

Smash Hero
I'm a little upset about my set with rat. I know I can beat him if I play right, but game 1 he suicided his last 2 stocks by just getting caught under battlefield and then he suicided first stock game 2. Hes my friend so I really felt bad and I think I held a back because of it. He stepped it up the rest of game 2 and game 3 and took the win. Reneblade recorded all the matches from the tournament so they should be up soon!
NEVER HOLD BACK!!!!

I can still count on my hands how many times I've played brawl...
you are one of the lucky ones :D

unknown522

Some guy
aww, that sucks. I feel bad when friends play bad in tourneys, or SD in a stupid way. Kinda reminds me of my last 2 recent sets vs Raynex, where he SDs at crucial times.

I'll check the vids when they are up.

unknown522

Some guy
oh no, not yesterday. The last time we played at a tourney was 2 weeks ago.

We did have a fest yesterday at Idea's place though. I'm still over with weon-x, KK, Riddlebox, and a new girl.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I think the girl player Unknown is referring to is named Corona, she mains Samus.

Pretty solid, too.

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
Are there any disadvantages to holding down from the fastfall after the aerial in order to shine as soon as possible after the L-cancel? I'm finding it difficult to shine out of super late nairs without doing so (I keep getting the blaster instead), but I normally return the control stick to the neutral position before landing for each SHFFL.

So yeah, should I just get faster at pressing down+B after the fast fall or is holding down from the FF a reasonable way of shining after SHFFL?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Are there any disadvantages to holding down from the fastfall after the aerial in order to shine as soon as possible after the L-cancel? I'm finding it difficult to shine out of super late nairs without doing so (I keep getting the blaster instead), but I normally return the control stick to the neutral position before landing for each SHFFL.

So yeah, should I just get faster at pressing down+B after the fast fall or is holding down from the FF a reasonable way of shining after SHFFL?
Holding down option selects ASDI down during ur aerial which combined with your lcancel option selects a tech.

:phone:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
quit claiming smash has option selects that are worth talking about. you typically want the best option and in most cases that same option select can work against you. the only one that ive been thinking of that may or may not work is trying to option select a grounded attack out of a power shield by using shield stun to keep u locked in your shield.

if u hold down as a practice the real benefit is that you won't have trouble on platforms with aerial shines.. I go to neutral and sometimes dj cuz ive fallen thru the platform and then hit jump. in general its easier aka less steps, but I feel I can Di(lack of a better term) my aerials better.

and asdi down from the air isn't always the best option....gotta think combo vs survival di, so I wouldn't be trying to option select that.

anyway, if u get hit at the time u would have hit l u won't be able to tech for 40 frames. if u light tap so that doesn't effect you then u dont enter your tech cycle so it doesn't matter.

L__

Smash Master
you ever have those days where everything just feels off?

what do you do then? play through it? when I'm having those days it feels like Fox is the worst character

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have those days every now and than. I would just do solo practice for 10-15 minute then stop playing. Playing through it makes it hurt more hahaha

Brookman

Smash Hero
I mean. . . assuming you mean that the opponent is recovering and you dair'd them below the edge. . of course.

@ L. I think everyone has those days. Personally, I can't play unless I am able to perform at a certain level. If I can't even wavedash consistently I will definitely not be playing (at least, I won't be playing fox)

Top Bottom