• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fow's ness mu chart

Kopaka355

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kopaka355

FOW made this mu chart before bayo nerfs but I still think it can work now but my main question is first of all do you agree with all of the placements and second is that why do top players such as ESAM, Zero, and even Fow himself think that Ness is from 16-10 even though he gets destroyed by almost everyone up in the top according to the mu chart?

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Thanks for sharing this MU chart.
Next time don't post two threads for this.
Its okay, @Yink can just delete the other one.
Also a -1 doesn't really mean he gets destroyed.
Its more of a 60-40. Ness will have play smarter, he is at a slight disadvantage but definitely doable.
-2 is the more destroyed area you were talking about. Those are matches that are really hard for Ness to win.

Also they think Ness is 16-10 in the tier list is because of his awesome moveset. Even though he gets beat by some of the higher characters, he fairs against almost the entire cast really well.

Last edited:

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
I'm still surprised there hasn't been a change to Gravitational Pull yet, since PKT doesn't have mass for the move to work on, and because it is a single move that breaks an entire matchup.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I'm still surprised there hasn't been a change to Gravitational Pull yet, since PKT doesn't have mass for the move to work on, and because it is a single move that breaks an entire matchup.
Honestly I am thinking the exact same thing. The move should be toned down just a little. It would make the matchup soooo much easier

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm glad FOW doesn't think Ness stomps Samus, but I'd say the match-up is about even.

• Aerials - Ness
  • Close-range - Ness
  • Counter - Ness
  • Kill moves - Even
  • Long-range - Samus
  • Projectiles - Samus
  • Recovery - Samus
  • Throw - Ness
  • Weight - Samus

Uffe

Smash Hero
I don't see how Ness is at a slight advantage against Mega Man. Maybe I just don't know the MU that well, but he's a pain in the butt to fight. There's a lot of MUs I don't understand, though, so I guess it's back to the old grindstone.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
I think Mega Man has better tools in the matchup, because he isn't forced to stale the way Ness is. Ness has a very stale neutral game. Mega Man has tons of options. Someone who's overly impatient as Mega Man will get bodied, but when handled properly, He can be a nightmare for Ness. Ness has to treat him with caution, because the projectiles can utterly wreck him.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'll have to see if I can upload my Mega Man matches with my Ness.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Why is Ness/Lucina a slight advantage for Ness? All the Smashers I play with say that Lucina should beat Ness. I have never had problems with Lucina, but I could never tell if maybe it was just a play-style difference.

Last edited:

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
I would assume it's because Lucina gets no benefit from her sword's range aside the obvious advantages of having a disjoint. She really doesn't scare Ness like Marth does by keeping him at a certain distance. I personally would say it's even if only slightly in Ness' favor.

Of course FOW is way better than me and knows more about the MU than I do.

Top Bottom