• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found another problem with Olimar.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Getting real tired of your problems, Oli. Real tired.

So pivot grabs. They're great with Oli, right? They're a great tool and can catch your opponent off guard, land you a combo, deal damage, you know how this game works.

Purple Pikmin? Yeah, the fat purple guys. Try pivot grabbing someone with one. Works, right? Alright, now try it again with perfect spacing.

If you land a pivot grab with a purple Pikmin at the longest legth possible, the grab will happen but the other person will break free immediately. Pretty sure this works at all percents.

3.5 can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
This isn't just the case with Purple pivot grabs. This is the case with any perfectly spaced grab with any Pikmin unfortunately T-T

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
...please tell me this has been fixed or is going to be fixed. ;_;

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

So pivot grabs. They're great with Oli, right? They're a great tool and can catch your opponent off guard, land you a combo, deal damage, you know how this game works.

Purple Pikmin? Yeah, the fat purple guys. Try pivot grabbing someone with one. Works, right? Alright, now try it again with perfect spacing.

If you land a pivot grab with a purple Pikmin at the longest legth possible, the grab will happen but the other person will break free immediately. Pretty sure this works at all percents.

I sorta knew this
Just didn't know it was because I had prefect spacing
One of the many reasons
I ran from the sharty

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
One of his more annoying and subtle problems. Seems like a surefire thing to fix though. Spacing grabs is kinda Oli's best startup to combos.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
One of his more annoying and subtle problems. Seems like a surefire thing to fix though. Spacing grabs is kinda Oli's best startup to combos.
...as long as the PMDT doesn't do a complete overhaul of the character at least.

devo_

Smash Apprentice

Yeah i've noticed that recently. Now i gotta make sure i don't pivot with a purple up front too... *sigh*

If i didn't love the captain so much I'd... i don't even know man

B.W.

Smash Champion
Olimar still has 6 pikmin in the 3.5 ISO build for dolphin :*(
This was a problem even in 3.0.
should I pick up Tink
Only if you didn't play him before? I'm probably dropping him for 3.5... Part of me thinks Olimar is possibly better than T.Link but that's probably just because I perform better with new Olimar compared to new T.Link.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Only if you didn't play him before? I'm probably dropping him for 3.5... Part of me thinks Olimar is possibly better than T.Link but that's probably just because I perform better with new Olimar compared to new T.Link.
Interestingly enough, I'm actually having more fun with him in 3.5 than in 3.0 for some reason.Probably because of d-throw tech-chases, but I'm not sure yet.

Top Bottom