• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

found a pretty serious bug

it-a-albinomoose

Smash Rookie
so while playing friendlies i came across a glitch in the pikmin, while in the line up sometimes a pikmin would just not be there probably from being knocked away at some point or something, not sure what caused it, but it registered the pikmin still in the line, example being i had 1 red, 2 yellow, 1 blue, the red was missing from my lineup but olimars bulb was red. when i tried doing a move that involved a pikmin like airials and side b i got nothing, no pikmin came out and the worst part is that it doesnt cycle the pikmin unless you whistle, not sure if down smash cycled it since it uses 2 and i was unable to find the pikmin anywhere on the map. the glitch does reset upon death though. if it happens to me again ill post a video but i thought attention should be brought up to this since this kind of breaks him unless you can constantly monitor your lineup to whistle skipping over it.

steelguttey

mei is bei
this has happened to me before, was it on dolphin? it happened to me on dolphin. also there is a bug reporting forum

it-a-albinomoose

Smash Rookie
nope, it was full build on my wii and another friends wii as well actually, and ill post it on the forum as well

Major_League_Odish

Smash Rookie
I've mentioned this before in the Oli Skype chat, happened not to me but my opponent in some choice Olimar dittos ;). Sad we couldn't figure out who would've won that game, or how it happened. (It was last stock 7 minutes in when it happened)

it-a-albinomoose

Smash Rookie
got a response from the dev team, turns out it was a thing in brawl, no realistic options, quoting bokio what he put in the thread explaining:

"This seems to be the ghost pikmin glitch from Brawl, which is very rare, but still comes into play from time to time. You can read more about it here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/ghost-pikmin-glitch-olimar-cant-throw-pkmin.155269/

This typically happens when using an aerial from the ledge, since Pikmin behave a bit oddly in that position. One Pikmin will clip through the level and will get stuck inside the stage (this is why you can't find it by searching around the map). The game is failing to register the Pikmin as being used so it won't cycle past it. There are a few known in game remedies, but none are exactly convenient.
1.) Die. ....lol.
2.) Whistle past the Pikmin. This is obviously inconvenient because each time you reach that Pikmin you will have to cycle the order again.
3.) Throw away all of your Pikmin, walk over to the ledge where the glitch occurred and spam smash attacks, eventually the Pikmin will come through the stage and back into your line up. Once again, not a real fix.

We'll do what we can to fix this, thank you for the report."

Top Bottom