• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward Smash manipulation - Frying Pan only

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
The frying pan seems the most useful to me. It's vertical KO ability is something Peach needs more of. It doesn't have a sweetspot like the club, it combos at low percentages, it does the most damage and it is the most satisfying to land.

Essentially I want the frying pan to come out every time I try and land a forward smash on my opponent.

Here's how I will do it:

Filtering:
After scoring a vertical KO with the Pan, I will immediately proceed to filter out the club and racket so the mighty pan will be ready to come out when I need it again.

If I hit with the pan at low percents, or miss with it at any percent, I will filter the club and racket out at the first safe opportunity.

Establishing the order pre-game:
The first Forward Smash Peach uses in a match is meant to be random but from what I have observed, it isn't. I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I suspect most of you know - The order your forward smash comes out carries over from the previous game.
This means if you do quick hand warmers before a game, you can know which forward smash is going to come out first (Pan!) when the match begins.

This also means it'll be important to remember the last forward smash that came out before each game ends. This should be simple: Either you have already filtered to Pan and didn't use it again before the game ended, or you missed/hit at low percents and for some reason didn't get a chance to filter, in this case you already know you need to filter at the beginning of the next match.

If I KO their last stock with the Pan then I have until their death to quickly start filtering.

Essentially this is like having to 'charge' Peach's forward smash like Samus' charged shot. Except the 'charge' can be built up pre-game and carries over from one game to the next.

I think something like this is the first step to having a much greater presence of mind with Forward Smash in the middle of a fight. I'm not suggesting that the Pan-only approach is the best, but it seems like the first step to integrating the potential of the move into Peach's metagame.

Top Bottom