• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Forum Games Rules & Social Thread [Extra hugs, donuts and mods inside!!]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Welcome to Forum Games!

This is the section of SmashBoards dedicated to online forum games like Hurt and Heal, Character Elimination, and Wish Corrupter. Everyone is allowed to play these games, and most in Forum Games do not require signing up. There is a separate sub-forum for Decisive Games which is designed for games that require tactical effort, including Mafia games, Adventure games, Role-playing games, and Diplomacy. You are welcome to create your own game here, as long as it does not break any of the following rules.

Please note that this is not a room for video game discussion -- that is in the Light House. Also, post count is disabled in Forum Games.

Forum Games Rules:

1.) Your thread must be a game.

Examples of games include 'post a better picture', 'character elimination', 'This or That' etc.
If you have a question about whether your game is allowed, please post your idea here and the mods will get back to you.

Threads in this sections are of the type where anyone can join in and leave at any time, and don't require investment of any sort. More developed games like Mafia and such should be posted in Decisive Games, not here.

2.) Don't break any global rules.

Unless it is noted in a thread and approved by a moderator, all SmashBoards rules are enforced in here. Be civil, no excessive vulgarity, no offensive material, etc.

3.) Have fun!

Anyone who breaks this rule is instantly banned. And destroyed.

More Information:

The Moderators for the Forum Games are @FalKoopa and @AEMehr. If you have any questions, feel free to contact either of them.

Post count is not accumulated in Forum Games because of the active, rapid, and sometimes short nature of the games.

The Decisive Games forum is for games that require more than normal forum games, including tactical strategy, character immersion/role playing, and teamwork. These games can last from weeks to months, and include Adventure Games. If you are interested in playing, then feel free to check it out.

As stated, this thread is for questions relating to the Forum Games, from games to the rules. So, post away any suggestions/comments/questions you have. Unlike the Question and Suggestion thread in the Pool Room, anyone is welcome to answer them, although remember that a moderator has final say, and that following someone’s advice does not relieve you for breaking a rule. If you're wondering if your game would get closed, wait for a moderator to answer it.

Last edited by a moderator:

huafei

Smash Rookie
Wow! I’ve never heard of this before and I think they’re awesome!

huafei

Smash Rookie
Yeah. It’s good to be yourself. Same with you, I will try to do something. So I support your decision!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I got an idea: It's called Question of the Week.

Each week, I update the thread with some sort of "this or this" question, and after the week's over, I tally the votes and post the results.

Does it qualify as a forum game/should I post it here?

btw, the questions would usually be random and won't relate to any serious, flamewar-worthy topics.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I got an idea: It's called Question of the Week.

Each week, I update the thread with some sort of "this or this" question, and after the week's over, I tally the votes and post the results.

Does it qualify as a forum game/should I post it here?

btw, the questions would usually be random and won't relate to any serious, flamewar-worthy topics.
Go for it. Its basically a variation of "Would you rather," but it does have vote tallying which is some sort of competition or gameplay, so it sounds okay.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I had ALL of the threads roacherman, and then poof, njext day all the threads are in bold white :( no fair.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I was wondering if I could create a "2009 NFL Armchair Quarterback" game. Each week during the regular season each particpipant would predict the winner and loser of each game along with the score. Correct predicitons would get points. Here's the breakdown.

Guessing the score of 1 team correct: 1 point
Guessing the game winner: 5 pts
Guessing the game winner and getting score of 1 team correct: 6 pts
Guessing the game winner and correct scores of both teams: 8 pts
Not guessing the correct team winner or any score: 0 pts.

Once the regular season is over all the points will be totaled for each contestant from all the regular season games. The winner gets bragging rights.

This would not be a thread to talk about games/players/fans..etc...

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
3.) Similar elimination games are not allowed.

There can be only one elimination game for each category.
3 words: Amazing Race threads

I don't think 3 threads for pretty much the same game are not necessary.

I know this ain't really a question, but it still points out something from the rules...

...And I hate those games. (Pardon my outspokeness)

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm privy to listening to video game music at obnoxiously high volumes. So I thought of this game while I was doing so one day - Situational VG Music. Essentially, someone will describe a setting for you to be in. Then, the next person will give a link to a piece of video game music that fits that scene. So, if I were to say:

You're in an elevator.
... the next person would first post a link to, say, Youtube, featuring music which befits an elevator, then put up a situation of their own:

... which the next person would answer, and so on. I was worried about people posting links here, which is my main concern. Otherwise it's basically just a Q&A thread. Is that alright?

~rRiot

Empress Sanaki

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if I could make a forum game titled: Don't let the mods say anything.
A counting game with a twist. Every time a mod/admin makes a post in the thread, the count is reset to zero.
User1:
Hmm, a new forum game.
User2:
This'll be fun. :'D
Mod:
Zero, you bet it will. >:D
etc.
User2:
Wow a new record!
Mod:
Whoops, back to Zero. ;D

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Would it be OK to make a "Picture that Character" game?

Basically, I choose a character without telling anyone and post hints, starting increasingly vague and getting more and more obvious. If no one guesses it (by posting both the name of the character and a picture) after 5 hints, I win, and go again. If someone guesses it, they get to choose a character, and post hints, and suchlike.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
It wasn't, until after he said that and changed the title.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
So...

@Everyone hope your day has been good, any forum game moments that were totally lol (That means laughing something something right?)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hey all, letting you guys know that I'm now a moderator on these boards. It'll be fun, maybe I'll join a few games on this side of the "Games" boards.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Who're you?

As in, why is someone who's never been seen here before being modded to this place?

Top Bottom