• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Brainstorming: Sega vs. Capcom

UrbanChampionRising

Smash Cadet
So, time has passed and it looks like the Vs. Capcom series has gone up on the shelf. Still, that doesn't stop one from wanting to see what else could be done with such a series, even if it's without Marvel. What could be a fun new entry for this series? Why not Sega vs. Capcom?

Both companies have plenty of major hits and cult classics under their belts, and with it comes plenty of memorable and fun characters. Who wouldn't want to see characters from both companies face off? Well, this is our chance to dream up such a match-up.

Got any ideas for match-ups and rivalries that would be fun to watch unfold in a Sega vs. Capcom game? Go ahead and post them here. In fact, I'll kick things off with a few ideas.

Sonic vs. Ryu (signature characters of their respective company's biggest franchise)
Joe Musashi vs. Strider Hiryu (skilled ninja warriors)
Arle Nadja vs. Tessa (heroes skilled in the use of magic and both with keen minds, one for playing Puyo Puyo and the other in studying the universe)
Axel Stone vs. Mike Haggar (street brawlers devoted to dismantling gangs in their city)
Sketch Turner vs. Viewtiful Joe (fans sucked into the worlds of their favorite mediums)
NiGHTS vs. Morrigan (flying purple demons who can enter dreams, one nice and the other amoral)

AlRex

Smash Lord
I would actually probably say Sonic VS Mega Man [blue platformer heroes who fight mad scientists] and Akira Yuki VS Ryu [main gi-wearing fighters] for their rivalries. I can come up with a few others in addition, your mileage may vary...

Knuckles / Proto Man [red rivals turned heroes]
Shadow / Bass [black rivals who are even more similar to the main heroes, yet start even more adversarial]
Dr. Eggman / Dr. Wily [mustached mad scientists who specialize in robots and have flying cars]
Alex Kidd / Son-Son [early, monkey/Son-Wukong based protagonists]
Vyse / Ruby Heart [sci-fi-ish pirates]
Amigo / Amingo [Surreal, Mexican-culture-inspired characters with almost the same name]
Segata Sanshiro / Captain Commando [tokusatsu-inspired heroes named for their companies/products]
Bayonetta / Dante [you know...]
Beat / Shiba (Cannon Spike) [young, skating heroes]

Also throw Edward Falcon or Rouge VS someone in, since Power Stone was a pretty big CAPCOM Dreamcast game.

UrbanChampionRising

Smash Cadet
I would actually probably say Sonic VS Mega Man [blue platformer heroes who fight mad scientists] and Akira Yuki VS Ryu [main gi-wearing fighters] for their rivalries. I can come up with a few others in addition, your mileage may vary...

Knuckles / Proto Man [red rivals turned heroes]
Shadow / Bass [black rivals who are even more similar to the main heroes, yet start even more adversarial]
Dr. Eggman / Dr. Wily [mustached mad scientists who specialize in robots and have flying cars]
Alex Kidd / Son-Son [early, monkey/Son-Wukong based protagonists]
Vyse / Ruby Heart [sci-fi-ish pirates]
Amigo / Amingo [Surreal, Mexican-culture-inspired characters with almost the same name]
Segata Sanshiro / Captain Commando [tokusatsu-inspired heroes named for their companies/products]
Bayonetta / Dante [you know...]
Beat / Shiba (Cannon Spike) [young, skating heroes]

Also throw Edward Falcon or Rouge VS someone in, since Power Stone was a pretty big CAPCOM Dreamcast game.
Nice ideas there, and good point about Sonic and Ryu. As for Edward Falcon, I was thinking his rival could be Knuckles. After all, both are red and skilled in punching, but Knuckles is guarding a legendary stone while Edward Falcon is hunting one down.

By the way, who do you think could make for some good villain rivalries in something like this?

A few other ideas I've got:
Selvaria Bles vs. Asura (powerful soldiers who can cut through armies with ease)
Gilius Thunderhead vs. Arthur (short heroes in a fantasy setting)
Ulala vs. Frank West (reporters dealing with attacking hordes, one of aliens and the other of zombies)
MidKnight vs. Demitri Maximoff (one vampire rejecting his nature, the other seeking to assert his dominance)
Bahn vs. Batsu (hot-blooded Japanese teenagers seeking to avenge their moms)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’d love to see Thomas Rogan and G VS Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine. Also, speaking of Ruby Heart and Amingo, Capcom should officially give them character themes. Ruby Heart’s theme should be the Airship Stage theme from MVC2, and Amingo’s theme should be the Desert Stage theme from MVC2.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Pai Chan vs. Chun-Li (Chinese female martial artists)
Space Harrier vs. Unknown Soldier (Forgotten Worlds) (gun-wielding super soldiers who has a jet-pack and comes from a sci-fi setting)
Michael Hardy (Virtua Cop) vs. Leon Kennedy (police cops/agents who are armed with various weapons such as shotguns, rifles, etc.)
Shadow (Eternal Champions) vs. Ibuki (purple-dressed young female ninjas)
Green Mask (Pro Wrestling) vs. The Great Oni (Slam Masters) (wrestling characters; I just wanted to include obscure characters)

Obviously, Rent-A-Hero's Taro Yamada may also face Captain Commando, not only by striking similarities on their appearances.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here are a few offbeat rivalries:

PTX- 40 A (Lost Planet) vs Cougar type-I (Border Break)
Saki Omokane (Quiz Nanairo DREAMS) vs Mary (Quartet)
Kaijin No Soki (Onimusha) vs Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars)
Regina (Dino Crisis) vs Leanne (Resonance of Fate)
Nina (Breath of Fire) vs Agnum Bulletheart (Shining Resonance)

My Ideas:
AGES vs. Captain Commando (Both are Characters based on hardware)
Opa-Opa vs. Vulgus Ship (Both are Ships, who travel through weird places)
Joe Musashi vs. Strider Hiryu (Titular Ninjas)
AiAi vs. SonSon (Both are Monkeys and they have Names that have first Syllable repeated 2 times)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Reviving this thread with an alternate idea for Opa-Opa's rival (it'll feel weird to play as a realistic, non-humanoid ship):

Mobi-chan from Side Arms: Hyper Dyne, because both are cute little visor-wearing mascots (given their appearances in multiple SEGA/Capcom games), who originate from scrolling shoot 'em up games with contrasting themes (fantasy/science fiction) and released for the arcades in 1986 (even though Mobi-chan was only a item). Also, they both appeared as playable DLC characters in Taito's Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours.

In a Capcom fighter, Mobi-chan's moveset would involve it being capable of using the real Mobilesuit's weapons/power-ups in it's special moves, even able to fire out the iconic Yashichi and transforming into the real Mobilesuit like in Namco X Capcom (where two appeared as satellite units for Forgotten Worlds' Unknown Soldiers, and combining into one in their Multiple Assault with Sylphie).

Last edited:
Top Bottom