• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fortnite Creates Crossovers (We Opened Pandora’s Box)

Which zone should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m going to regret this…

Yes, that pesky online shooting game where you hack apart stuff and build more stuff with it while utilizing every single possible skin pulled from the Niteverse to create a truly dizzying and bizarre crossover to top all crossovers. The game where Naruto, Rick, and Iron Man can go head to head with the likes of Arianna Grande, John Wick, Boba Fett, and more. Trade in that pickaxe for Sasuka’s sword, a lightsaber, or Naomi Osaka’s tennis racket while gliding on everything from the Goblin Glider, Superman’s Cape, or the Ghostbuster’s Echo Glider. We will be submitting new collab events but also adding onto previous sets so there is a chance we could add more content relating to Marvel, Star Wars, Naruto, Icons, and more!

How will it be conducted?
I have a lot of my plate currently though I do dedicate some time to my projects. That being said, it would be amazing if anyone would be interested in co-hosting this project - especially since I don't actively play Fortnite. That being said, we will basically be submitting crossovers and what sort of content will go into these packs. As mentioned earlier, we may choose to add content in a series/franchise that is currently in the game already (Marvel, DC, Rick and Morty, etc) or entirely new content. In addition, we will be submitting content in these crossovers. Please note that not every pack will get the same amount of content:

• Skin
  • Pickaxe
  • Back Bling
  • Glider
  • Weapons
  • Dances/Emotes
  • Music

I am not including things such as Loading Screens or Banner Icons in the mix. They will mostly be these unless its something particularly special. Crossover content can be within a wide range of media including movies, games, cartoons, celebrities, and more. Until I get help with running it, updates will be on an irregular. Prompts will tend to be a bit more open but may have more limited perimeters to get a more focused submissions.

LET'S GO CRAAAAZZZZY

1647096616407.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
DLC #1: Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Skins
    • Sonic the Hedgehog Mascot Skin
    • Shadow the Hedgehog
    • Knuckles the Echidna
    • Dr. Eggman
    • Vector
  • Pickaxe
    • Piko Piko Hammer
    • Star Post
    • Caliburn
  • Glider
    • Tails
    • The Tornado
    • Eggomobile
  • Backbling
    • Sonic the Hedgehog Backpack
    • Sega Genesis
    • Item Monitor
    • Master Emerald
    • Bumper
  • Emotes
  • Music

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be posting our first prompt in the next few hours. I wanted to let this idea sink in before we started to dive in. Have fun talking (or doomposting) about it/

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

The Fortnite Creates twitter account just posted this! They want submissions for the next crossover event and it seems everything goes! Let's get submitting yo!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 1:

Fortnite X SpongeBob SquarePants

2668CF3E-D0F2-4774-8258-528D1AA93DF0.png

One of the most iconic cartoon IPs in the world these days. SpongeBob is the de facto mascot of Nickelodeon and alongside this, there could be cool weapons like a Jellyfishing net gun or a Bubble Wand gun. There’s tons of wacky potential here with SpongeBob’s sheer popularity.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fortnite X Waluigi

Not Mario, not Wario, but Waluigi specifically. Waluigi's body proportions line up better with Fortnite's cast than the rest of the Mario cast and while he may not have his own game there is likely enough to work with content wise for weapons and such. Given that Fortnite's crossovers are mostly aimed at a Western audience and play into memes, it makes sense to choose a character who is popular in the West and somewhat of a known meme.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
View attachment 347370
Sonic the Hedgehog
Kind of surprised this hasn't happened yet. An iconic and popular video game franchise that is not afraid of crossovers.
Just wanted to add on to this by saying that, if you think the Sonic cast doesn't line up with Fortnite characters' proportions, there's a very recognizable character within the Sonic universe that fits the bill...

And here's my submission: FORTNITE X SCOOBY DOO

Instantly recognizable mystery solving teenagers, proven to be timeless by the successful reboots, continuations, and films. They would not fit into the Fortniteverse in the slightest, which is exactly why they would fit into it perfectly.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yes, the loveable masked spandex crusaders who battle evil gigantic foes comes to kick butt in Fortnite…

Cosmetic items could obviously be our masked heroes while things like pickaxes and glides can be based on existing content. The series has had a sort of resurgence lately so acknowledging that would be great for it.

My submission:
FORTNITE X METAL SLUG

Metal Slug
is one of SNK franchises that became a lesser known gaming icon of gaming history. It's a run n gun game that is about Marco Rossi fighting the threats like Soldiers, Zombies or Aliens in 2030's (According to Game's lore) and the series spawned a lot of game, including the upcoming recent Metal Slug Tactics game.

Metal Slug content in fortnite would have a lot of potential like Skins, Backblings or even Gliders. One of Skin examples would be Marco himself and Keesi III would be his Glider.
Even though, SNK representation in Fortnite would be cool, since SNK was part of gaming history and Marco Rossi is actually a gaming legend known by SNK fans.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
what the hell is this

okay you know what screw it

1647114608864.png

1647114968587.png

Betcha weren't expecting that, huh? Hear me out.

Whilst Fortnite x TF2 is just a really logical crossover, why limit ourselves? I think seeing dumb stuff like the Portal and Gravity guns being included would be hilarious, and having various costumes based on not only the TF2 classes, but also on characters like P-Body, G-Man, or even going off the wall and adding a Dr. Coomer costume would just be ridiculous but brilliant. Some might say it's a sell-out - others say it'd never happen with Epic being in direct competition with Steam. I say **** it, let's go.

You want an Aperture facility underground? Sure. How about we just add Black Mesa. Or maybe even 2fort or CS:GO's Dust. Hell, maybe add some stuff from Left 4 Dead and all that good stuff. There's so much to work with here, but rather than overfacing ourselves with something like "Oh, let's just have all of the catalogue of Warner Bros." or something like that, it's a more focused thing with a lot of potential.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

VOTING IS A GO GO GO!!!

Job 1:

Fortnite X SpongeBob SquarePants

View attachment 347361

One of the most iconic cartoon IPs in the world these days. SpongeBob is the de facto mascot of Nickelodeon and alongside this, there could be cool weapons like a Jellyfishing net gun or a Bubble Wand gun. There’s tons of wacky potential here with SpongeBob’s sheer popularity.
Fortnite X Waluigi

Not Mario, not Wario, but Waluigi specifically. Waluigi's body proportions line up better with Fortnite's cast than the rest of the Mario cast and while he may not have his own game there is likely enough to work with content wise for weapons and such. Given that Fortnite's crossovers are mostly aimed at a Western audience and play into memes, it makes sense to choose a character who is popular in the West and somewhat of a known meme.
Fortnite X One Piece

One of the biggest comics ever and coming off the heels of Naruto this would be a fun inclusion
View attachment 347370
Sonic the Hedgehog
Kind of surprised this hasn't happened yet. An iconic and popular video game franchise that is not afraid of crossovers.
Just wanted to add on to this by saying that, if you think the Sonic cast doesn't line up with Fortnite characters' proportions, there's a very recognizable character within the Sonic universe that fits the bill...

And here's my submission: FORTNITE X SCOOBY DOO

Instantly recognizable mystery solving teenagers, proven to be timeless by the successful reboots, continuations, and films. They would not fit into the Fortniteverse in the slightest, which is exactly why they would fit into it perfectly.
Yes, the loveable masked spandex crusaders who battle evil gigantic foes comes to kick butt in Fortnite…

Cosmetic items could obviously be our masked heroes while things like pickaxes and glides can be based on existing content. The series has had a sort of resurgence lately so acknowledging that would be great for it.
My submission:
FORTNITE X METAL SLUG

Metal Slug
is one of SNK franchises that became a lesser known gaming icon of gaming history. It's a run n gun game that is about Marco Rossi fighting the threats like Soldiers, Zombies or Aliens in 2030's (According to Game's lore) and the series spawned a lot of game, including the upcoming recent Metal Slug Tactics game.

Metal Slug content in fortnite would have a lot of potential like Skins, Backblings or even Gliders. One of Skin examples would be Marco himself and Keesi III would be his Glider.
Even though, SNK representation in Fortnite would be cool, since SNK was part of gaming history and Marco Rossi is actually a gaming legend known by SNK fans.
FORTNITE X ANIMAL CROSSING
View attachment 347385
I think it would be funny.
FORTNITE X THE SIMPSONS

A very iconic cartoon, would also be funny.
Fortnite X Minions
View attachment 347388
No further explanation
what the hell is this

okay you know what screw it

View attachment 347393

View attachment 347394

Betcha weren't expecting that, huh? Hear me out.

Whilst Fortnite x TF2 is just a really logical crossover, why limit ourselves? I think seeing dumb stuff like the Portal and Gravity guns being included would be hilarious, and having various costumes based on not only the TF2 classes, but also on characters like P-Body, G-Man, or even going off the wall and adding a Dr. Coomer costume would just be ridiculous but brilliant. Some might say it's a sell-out - others say it'd never happen with Epic being in direct competition with Steam. I say **** it, let's go.

You want an Aperture facility underground? Sure. How about we just add Black Mesa. Or maybe even 2fort or CS:GO's Dust. Hell, maybe add some stuff from Left 4 Dead and all that good stuff. There's so much to work with here, but rather than overfacing ourselves with something like "Oh, let's just have all of the catalogue of Warner Bros." or something like that, it's a more focused thing with a lot of potential.
FORTNITE X HALLOWEEN
View attachment 347405
Fortnite has been warming up to more horror related ip lately with Alien and Predator, why not go one step further with the horror frachise that helped trigger the slasher genre boom in the 80s, Halloween. Plus, who wouldn’t want to see someone like Michael Myers doing Fortnite dances.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1, Sonic
2. Prangers
3. One Piece

Here is the list of collabs that already exist for future reference

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Sonic. (There's so much potential here! I'd love to see weird and wonderful things - like Amy's Pico Pico hammer as a pickaxe, or perhaps a reskin of the bounce pad to be a spring. Not sure how I'd handle costumes - maybe go for something like Sonic-Man from 06? :yeahboi:
2. Waluigi. (This would be not only amazing, but so fun. Like, I'd love to see how far we could take this. Waluigi Pinball as a new map location could be fun though!)
3. Minions. (The irony and memes alone sell me on this.)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh man, I wish I'd seen this one sooner!

I know little of Forkknife but there's a lot of dumb fun to be had here. I have a skin crossover in my backpocket at least for next time.

Votes:
  1. Valve
    Great selection variety. TF2, Portal, Half Life, Left 4 Dead, DOTA...honestly if Valve made a few more games I'd have considered making a Smashboard Creates Valve Smash Bros game. Maybe someday...

2. Scooby Doo
    I'm not the biggest fan of the show, but this is a weirdly natural fit for Fortnite. I can't even explain why.

3. Sonic
    Obviously as the Sega threads are the ones I'm most active in, but also Sonic's used to many a cursed crossover and I imagine the cursed original Sonic movie design would be how they'd look here.
Shout out to One Piece which is my absolute favourite piece of media of all time, but these three I can instantly see when I close my eyes.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Name3 points2 points1 pointTotal
Spongborb2 (6)1 (2)19
WAHLUIGITIME03 (6)17
Pirate Anime01 (2)13
Sanic4 (12)1 (2)620
Zonks, Scoob!01 (2)02
MIGHTYMORPHINPOWERRANGERS1 (3)2 (4)07
Metallic Slug1 (3)1 (2)05
Isabelle0000
Water Valve1 (3)1 (2)16
The Sampsons4 (12)1 (2)115
Halloweeb0000

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Looks like Fortnite wants us to submit Sonic Skins.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
"I'm the superhero, Sonic Man!"

Sonic Man is a character from Sonic The Hedgehog (2006). He dresses up as the iconic blue hedgehog, even believing himself to be Sonic. He is one of the few characters of the Sonic cast to fit the proportions of Fortnite characters and he's very well-known. The skin in Fortnite would be based off of his Archie comics redesign, seen above (which, fun fact, made its debut appearance in the final Archie comic before that run was cancelled).

Top Bottom