• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

formula for a good pit main?

John Onefifteen

Smash Cadet
NNID
johnthejunebug
So I just recently wanted to main pit for an upcoming local tourney, but it's still a bit sloppy and I dont know what moves are most effective and least effective, could I get some tips on how to play like a top level pit?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Dair crossups. If you land the hit, juggle them with uairs. Nairs work too. JC grab is fantastic. Dash-attack is really fast and follows up down-throws. Shoot arrows at people. Up-b is a finisher.

That's pretty much the gist of it I guess. lol

John Onefifteen

Smash Cadet
NNID
johnthejunebug
Dair crossups. If you land the hit, juggle them with uairs. Nairs work too. JC grab is fantastic. Dash-attack is really fast and follows up down-throws. Shoot arrows at people. Up-b is a finisher.

That's pretty much the gist of it I guess. lol
alright thanks! i'll make sure to work on that :denzel:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Basically Pit seems to be a fundamentals-based character. He's got some pretty bad moves, but overall he's got a really solid toolset. Good luck, mang. :)

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
Yeah, aerial combos for days. If you do it right, you can combo someone from 0-80 and maybe a kill off of a throw. Pretty beastly. If you can get them right above you, utilt can juggle at surprisingly high %s due to its super low knockback. From that you can transition into the lovely uair juggle and other things. Poke them off the edge if you can't finish off the top and then edgeguard from there. Don't be too afraid to go super deep off the side with your grounded glide, but be aware that you can only jump and up-b back.

Top Bottom