• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forgive me!

What is your opinion on people in Elite Smash whom set Stage to All and Preferred Rules to On?

• They disgust me!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I am not in favour of them nor against them

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I like them!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I do not know

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I PLAY IN ELITE SMASH WITH THE STAGE SETTING SET TO ALL AND PREFERRED RULES SET TO ON

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
who cares? just cause you are in ES doesn't mean you are forced to play the tournament way,
no offense to anyone but ES is not a tournament it's still ONLINE, all it basically proofs is that you are good at the game, that's all really :l

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I thought that people in Elite Smash would have a bit of a competitive mindset and care for their score. It gives me a dirty sensation to take those kind of people to janky stages.

Though the possibility to be taken to janky stages in Elite Smash is part of the rules of the game and therefore by no means involves cheating, that does not mean that people have to like it. It often makes for bad competitive play to be taken to a janky stage. On the other hand it makes for fun casual play. It is not the casual player's fault if he ends up in Elite Smash.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I wouldn't really say it's your fault, Nintendo just messed up their online system and didn't separate the online mode to casual play and competitive play like in 4. Sometimes I want to play casually online but don't because I know GPS is on the line, and I don't even know what stage I might get. The matchmaking really needs to be fixed.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Smash 4 had time in For Fun which IMO is always stupid. I wonder if even casual players prefer time. Timed matches much more often come down to stalling and in the case where multiple players gang up on a single player the cheesing in a timed match will be much worse than in a stock match because in stock they will at least have to confront and outplay the single player even if they do get a huge unfair advantage while in timed matches the single player just loses since they can attack each other and then SD for free healing or to make the single player lose in case he could not be beaten even by ganging up on him.

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
that's the thing that bothers me..just because ES has alot of competitive players doesn't means you should be forced to play the tournament way,
if they want to play that way so badly..then go to locals/tournaments or whatever
but if you play online whether it's in ES or not do not expect everyone to want to play the same way as you,
i'm not in ES but the moment i am i will still play the ruleset i like and if people wanna whine about that then that's their problem not mine.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Sometimes, I'd rather be taken to some of the less neutral stages than deal with Omegas, or people camping under a side platform on BF.

But other times, when it's a super campy stage, it makes me want to kill myself and I would beg to be on one of the aforementioned stages. I don't understand how people can have any fun refusing to commit to anything besides shield and parry for 7 minutes straight. Venom? Immediately go to the bottom platform and refuse to move unless someone comes to you. Castle Siege? I guess we'll both just wait out the statue transformation while you stand by the blastzone and tbag.

I dunno what's worse, the fact that people are willing to do this, or the fact that I was, at one point, willing to waste my time against them instead of just SDing/disconnecting.

Items On, on a static/neutral stage, is 100% more fun than dealing with items off on a super janky stage.

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I mean you can always beat them if you want to to 'show them up' or something, but you're always going to come up against another goofball doing underhanded and incredibly boring things. Just not worth the time or boredom.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I wouldn't really say it's your fault, Nintendo just messed up their online system and didn't separate the online mode to casual play and competitive play like in 4. Sometimes I want to play casually online but don't because I know GPS is on the line, and I don't even know what stage I might get. The matchmaking really needs to be fixed.
i bet everyone would agree but Nintendo is so **** at online that I doubt they would care about what you say.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Smash 4 had time in For Fun which IMO is always stupid. I wonder if even casual players prefer time. Timed matches much more often come down to stalling and in the case where multiple players gang up on a single player the cheesing in a timed match will be much worse than in a stock match because in stock they will at least have to confront and outplay the single player even if they do get a huge unfair advantage while in timed matches the single player just loses since they can attack each other and then SD for free healing or to make the single player lose in case he could not be beaten even by ganging up on him.
Timed matches messed me up pretty bad. I got so dependent on the 2 min timer to run out just as I was scoring the winning KO it became my honest go-to strategy against tougher players. Then I'd show up at tourneys and get destroyed cause I had no sense of defense constantly thinking oh well 2 min is enough time to get a 1 stock advantage.

But anyway I'm assuming their decision was based on maximizing total players logged on or something. It carried over to Sm4sh and definitely didn't help my crutch play style.

Now tho well yeah stocks so cool and stuff.

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
Kinda depends, I don't want to be matched up with those people mostly because I don't want to get a stage life Great Cave Offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom