• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the kids! Anyone in SD area willing to step up

rofa

Smash Journeyman
I'm coordinating this event at Clairemont HS next week, Feb 16th: www.steamleadership.com/gameday

It's a pretty cool event, wish I had **** like this when I was in HS. Anyhow, I'm also running a Brawl tournament (yes, I know, Brawl >_< it's just what we have the best access to)

I have a couple hundred kids signed up, so I'm thinking that I'm going to run "pools" by just doing a bunch of 4 player FFAs and then put the top 32 in a bracket.

Which brings me to my question for any of ya'll here in SD area. Anyone willing to donate either Wii's, copies of brawl, gamecube controllers, or honestly, time on the day of the event to help me TO, would be totally awesome. It's for the kids, u know?! Do some community service, help out our youngsters and hook yo boy Rofa up. I know it's a long shot, but I'm super low on resources right now (only have like 4 wiis and brawls and not enough controllers), and figured reaching out on good ol' Smashboards couldn't hurt.

I used to smash here in socal way back in the day, and then lived in Michigan for awhile, TO'd and played all around there, not sure how many of you I used to play with / know are still around, but shoutout to all Socal and Michigan too, get HYPE, cool to be back on the boards first time in awhile. Melee is kicking ass, man, so sick.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Hey rofa, came upon this pretty late, but would have totally helped out with something like this. I've got a Wii U setup, so if you ever want to do something like this again and want to run smash 4 let me know.
Also got a Wii for brawl/ melee/ project M and a 64, just a little short on controllers.

Also wish I had something like this in HS, hell, even now would be cool. Seems the only regular advertised tournaments around here are way out in Oceanside...

Anyway just hmu. I don't go on here pretty often, but I'll do my best to check in every once in a while

Top Bottom