• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For The Gold: Smash at the Rio Olympic eGames

The first iteration of the Olympic eGames started on Monday, and today's roster featured Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. As the classic Olympics scheme states, representatives from various countries attended Rio de Janeiro, where the Olympic Games are currently taking place.

And the Gold Medal Goes to...
Eight teams attended, each one represented by one player. The rankings were as follows:

Rank|Player|Main|Country
1st|Elliot " Ally " Carroza-Oyarce|:4mario:|Canada
2nd|Larry " eLevate Larry Lurr " Holland|:4fox:/:4dk:|USA
3rd|Leonardo " SF MK Leo " López|:4metaknight:/:4marth:/:4cloud:|México
4th|James " J. Miller " Miller-Igietseme|:4luigi:|United Kingdom
5th|David " pM Sodrek " Rodobenko|:4fox:/:4cloud:/:4shulk:|Germany
5th|Darien " Wabz " Jardine|:4sonic:|Trinidad & Tobago
7th| Paulo " DASH Player 7 " Janini Ferreira|:4mario:|Brazil
7th| Mauro " Gado " Gimenez|:rosalina:/:4peach:|Argentina

Your first Smash 4 Gold Medallist is, representing Canada, Ally!

So what do you think? Are you looking forward to the next eGames? Let us know in the comments! You can find specific information on the Smash.gg page. Be sure to follow the official Twitter of the Olympic eGames, @eGames_Official.

Last edited:
Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

Japan is one of the biggest Smash scenes, I think they definitely deserve a spot on this list. Ranai being the top player. I didn't say Kamemushi because he hasn't achieved results like his other Smashers have. Komorikiri and Abadango are both viable contestants for first as well.

As much as I would have loved for TeamUSA to win the gold, I'm glad Ally is representing :4mario: so well. Plus, Larry Lurr got silver. And really, I don't even care about the regular olympics anyway (it's a pointless competition, because we all know that the industrialized countries win every time). All that matters here is ultimately Smash, and on that end, I'm pleased.

Top Bottom