• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory: Most annoying character?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Luma takes the cake.

But once Mewtwo arrives I feel as if he will be the most irritating.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Link. Every time I see a Link player in "For Glory" I want to just walk away because usually Link players spam projectiles. Little Mac is runner up because he's a power house. I mained Little Mac when Smash 3DS first came out, so I know his move set and how he plays, so it's usually not as bad if I'm using my main (R.O.B.). But Link....
I main R.O.B. too and I love Links. They are so easy to beat in general. I like that they often spam projectiles without much thought because that playstyle is so easy to beat with R.O.B. I like especially the nooby ones who love to Dair which I then proceed to dodge and punish again and again.

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
I main R.O.B. too and I love Links. They are so easy to beat in general. I like that they often spam projectiles without much thought because that playstyle is so easy to beat with R.O.B. I like especially the nooby ones who love to Dair which I then proceed to dodge and punish again and again.
I don't know why people would even consider using links down air cuz it'sso predictable and so laggy (then again wot moves aren't laggy with link tbh)

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
:4zelda:
Please do not get me started on these players...
I only agree because I find plenty of them spamming Neutral B.

EDIT: Others I find annoying: :4villager:, :4pikachu:, :4link: ,:4megaman:, :4diddy:,:rosalina:.

And any character with spammable projectiles.

They're annoying... Good? Sure maybe, but god, so annoying.

Last edited:

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Zeldas have been running rampant lately, for some reason.

The good ones I don't mind, but the majority of the bad ones are just ugh. Neutral B + lag is actually disheartening.

D

Deleted member 269706

Tier list of annoyingness (from most to least)
Totally not bias, 100% legit

:4ness::4sonic:
(Gap)
:4villager::4diddy:
(gap)
:4pikachu::4lucario::4sheik:
:4robinf::4zelda::4zss:
:4duckhunt::4fox::4rob::4megaman::4samus::4wiifit:
:rosalina::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4yoshi::4greninja:
:4drmario::4falco::4luigi::4palutena::4olimar::4pacman::4tlink::4link::4mario::4gaw:
:4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4marth::4ganondorf::4lucina::4bowser::4shulk::4wario::4jigglypuff:

Last edited by a moderator:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Tier list of annoyingness (from most to least)
Totally not bias, 100% legit

:4ness::4sonic:
(Gap)
:4villager::4diddy:
(gap)
:4pikachu::4lucario::4sheik:
:4robinf::4zelda::4zss:
(:4duckhunt:):4fox::4rob:(:4megaman:):4samus::4wiifit:
:rosalina:(:4littlemac:):4bowserjr::4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4yoshi::4greninja:
:4drmario::4falco::4luigi::4palutena::4olimar::4pacman:(:4tlink:)(:4link:):4mario::4gaw:
:4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4marth::4ganondorf::4lucina::4bowser:(:4shulk:):4wario::4jigglypuff:
I put parentheses around the ones that I disagree with.
All of these should be much higher.
Sonic I think isn't that bad because while he is annoying, most people are really bad with him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I put parentheses around the ones that I disagree with.
All of these should be much higher.
Sonic I think isn't that bad because while he is annoying, most people are really bad with him.
I made that thing in a matter of seconds, I would agree with most of what you said. Though I've found it much easier to deal with Link and Toon Link than most of the other characters you have on this list surprisingly. With that said, I still believe that the top 3 lines are about as bad as it gets.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only thing that makes some of the characters annoying is how the user play as them, such as spamming projectiles and **** but that's not really a problem for me.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I made that thing in a matter of seconds, I would agree with most of what you said. Though I've found it much easier to deal with Link and Toon Link than most of the other characters you have on this list surprisingly. With that said, I still believe that the top 3 lines are about as bad as it gets.
I think I have personal bias against the Links in online, or any character based around projectiles for that matter. Playing Bowser in FG is fun, but input lag + endless projectiles + connection issues and lag = a bad time.

Manta

Smash Cadet
Link, his just moves to the corner of the stage and does down b->side b->b (rinse and repeat). So you end up just playing the dodge the arrow game.

Kranks

Smash Rookie
Ness, hands down. Least skill to win ratio by far. Easy to beat but infuriating to play

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Sonic, Yoshi and Luigi. I think I have a pretty big tolerance to projectile spam/zoning, but these guys are just overly safe (aside from FG Luigis).

Last edited:

TheDumbDeku

Smash Rookie
i Hate playing against a palutena. with me playing villager and game & watch....its a nightmare XD

BowserBomb4Life

Smash Rookie
:4ness: He is just so f***ing annoying. Just spams his PK Fire and the ko's you with his PK Thunder (combo for ALL Ness players)

The Real Ness

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon...

I used to be okay with him, but now he's starting to get really annoying for me...

Last edited:

Minjinx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2470-9749
:4sonic:Takes the cake. 9/10 times I see a sonic on for glory there annoying spammers who like cheap kills and taunts.

Disshonorable mentions::4littlemac::4darkpit::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4falcon:

Last edited:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Captain Flowchart really rubs me over. The same players trying dash grab and u-air and u-air and u-air and u-air...

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Captain Falcon, full stop. I can never beat him. EVER. I know what's coming, but the lag and FD favours him so much, I just don't know what to do ;(

D

Deleted member

I found a new hatred on For Glory...
NESS
PK FIRE! -> Dash grab -> Down throw -> Fair fair fair for days -> PK FIRE! -> Dash grab -> Back throw -> OKAY
Most salty combo I've seen.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
MARIO OMFG MARIO
Press buttons and win
Roll behind and Down Smash is a true combo uhgggggg

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4sonic:

How to play as Sonic on For Glory:
  • Use NOTHING but spin dashes
  • If your opponent gets KO'd spam all of your taunts
    • It doesn't matter if you have one stock and 150%, you MUST spam your taunts until you reach the FG limit
  • If you're about to lose, run away, then spam your taunts right before time runs out
  • Whenever you win, change your tag to "HAHAHA" or something else insulting then leave immediately
    • You must do this even if you just barely won

(Other annoying characters: :4luigi::4littlemac::4ness::4mario::4falcon:)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Link, always Link...
1. Throws boomerang
2. Shoots arrow
3. Throws bomb
4. repeat 1-3 until opponent is within range and spam smash attacks.

Last edited:

Zeepington

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeeper
:rosalina: broken hitboxes + actual nana = hell
:4ness: :4lucas: PK FIRE
:4sonic:cancerous combos inbound
:4tlink: :4link: you know why
:4shulk:monando tacos
:4lucario::4yoshi::4villager::4littlemac:too goddamn overpowered
:4yoshi::4zss::4fox::4littlemac:too goddamn fast
:4littlemac:too pathetic

etc

i hate everyone but kirby and puff, at least they're actual characters

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I am thoroughly and utterly convinced that sonic on a character design and smash fighter level was designed solely to annoy the piss out of everyone

I mean after a while the sonics that flowchart all day are not hard to deal with once you learn the timing of his moves but it is such a chore

I play Mega Man mostly so playing against ganondorf feels like wrestling an octupus
just keep him out with lemons and mbs

Last edited:

4MyFriends

Smash Cadet
Oh man where do I start? I really can't pick one character, so I'll just list all the ones that bother me in general.

:4falcon: - Almost everyone will counterpick with Falcon if you use a slow character. Dash grabs and up aerials for days. It gets annoying.

:4dedede: - He's not even that hard to beat but for some reason fighting Dedede really REALLY irritates me. He's got that troll vibe I guess.

:4fox:- Idk why but I do really bad against Foxes in general. Pretty much my only complaint is my inability to deal with them.

:4link: - A common counterpick against players that use a character with no projectiles. Link's projectiles get annoying really quick and For Glory players really love to taunt with this guy, thinking they're skilled for mindlessly throwing out projectiles.

:4lucina: - Again, For Glory players love taunting with this character. "I Cannot Lose!" gets a bit irritating.

:4mario: - You know I'm happy Mario is finally getting used quite a bit, but he's become way too common in For Glory and it's just...ugh.

:4ness: - PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE, PK THUNDER, DASH GRAB, DOWN THROWS, BACK THROWS. My god Ness in this game really aggravates me, but mostly because he's so common in For Glory it's ridiculous.

:4samus: - Another character that For Glory players love picking against those who have no projectiles of their own. All they do is traverse the stage with rolls and bombard you with charge shots and missles. Generally not fun to play against.

:4sonic: - He's just not fun to fight against. His spin dash game really drives me nuts and his whole special move kit is really dull and uninspired.

:4tlink: - Same reason as Link pretty much.

:4villager: - Camps at tree and slingshots you all day. On occasion fighting a Villager can be fun, but most of the time it's a massive chore.

:4zelda:- Why is she so common on For Glory? It's gotten to the point I'm really sick of seeing her in every other match. Guess people really love the Din's Fire and Farore's Wind shenanigans.

:4zss: - Paralyzer - > Grab -> Down Throw -> Up Aerial -> repeat.

As you can see, I dislike quite a bit of the cast. - n - "

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
The title of "Most Annoying Character in For Glory" is just a mere assumption. Multiple people have multiple opinions.

As for me, the most annoying character is the F***IN' LAG.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Sheik, Fox, Sonic, Lil Mac. Captain Falcon is sometimes manageable.
Little Mac should be simple to deal with. Try to keep him in the air as much as you can. Use your projectiles to force an approach.

...Sorry, got no advice for the others, you'll have to ask around.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Most:4falcon:players seem to think they're hot ****.
The vast majority will jump off-stage after knocking you there and go for a fAir or dAir, even if you arn't even in the vicinity of them.

I imagine in the very rare occasions they do land those moves they should "OOOOH THE DISRESPECTTT!!!!", much to the displeasure of everyone else in the building. You are all noisy and obnoxious, please shut up.

:4sonic:is another very hateable character.
His moves just seem so safe. Maining a punish-oriented character against him is frustrating.
Luckly, most people who play him are edgy 14-year-olds who think Sonic is an actually well written character and are ****ing idiots.

:4link:likes arrows. A lot.
Someone help this man with his addiction.

:4rob:is a similar case, except he loves bayblades, not arrows.

:4lucario:I dislike out of personal bias (he's my second least-favorite Pokémon) and the fact that the game rewards him for getting beat up a bunch with a massive projectile, ridiculous range, the best recovery and a counter. All of these things are bad for good ol' King Dedede.

Top Bottom