• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For glory matching, char based?

Peachach

Smash Cadet
Am I seeing things, or is there some algo behind the For Glory matchmaking that decides that if you lose/leave char X, you are more likely to be matched up with char X? I wish I could select what chars to fight against... sometimes I want to practice against a particular char online, and just have to wait to be lucky enough to be matched up with one.

And I really wish we could at least have battlefield set ups for stages, instead of only flat ones. P

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Quite...the matchmaking mechanism doesn't quite work like that. There are certain characters that show up much more often than others in FG, such as :4link::4mario::4littlemac::4falcon:. The lot of us here main different characters, so y'all should be able to the find the ones y'all want to practice against. The 3DS/Wii U Matchmaking Thread should do y'all some justice.

Peachach

Smash Cadet
When I quit on a character, and reconnect to FG, without fail, I get to fight the same character.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The Match Making system is purely random. People have been trying to figure out exactly how it works for a while now.

The thing is, it's just based entirely on luck. While there will always be that one group of characters just about everyone faces constantly, there's also a small group where some characters just end up being more common for some than others. You also have to take into account what the current conquest is as that can sometimes be a variable you have to consider in For Glory.

There are some days where some characters are just far more common for me, then I'll never see them again. It could of been cause of conquest, or I could of been just lucky (or unlucky) to get so many of the same character that day. It's just random.

You're better off not trying to understand just exactly how it works and why some things just happen.

Top Bottom