• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory Hell problems

Jtv3

Smash Rookie
I've been having problems with For Glory Hell (specifically being stuck in it over and over agin), and I want to know if anyone else has been experiencing the same problem.

I main as Yoshi, and I've ended up in For Glory Hell 9 times. I usually play in the 1 vs. 1 mode. I never taunt in a battle (except perhaps at the very beginning), and I say things like GG (good game) afterwards. My For Glory win rate (1 vs 1) shows that I tend to win matches.

I tend to encounter hostile people immediately prior to ending up in For Glory Hell:
  • One time, after winning a match as Yoshi in 1 vs 1, the person changed their name tag to "USUCK" and then changed it to "YOSHISUCKS", and after that I immediately found myself in For Glory Hell and unable to play anyone for a week (so I assume that person reported me for some reason).
  • Another time, after winning a match as Yoshi in 1 vs 1, the person changed their name tag to "SPAMMER" and then "TRASH" (and then a series of obscene words I won't repeat here), and then I immediately found myself in For Glory Hell for a week and unable to play anyone.
  • And recently, after narrowly losing to an opponent in 1 vs 1, the person changed their name tag to the following phrases: "Ur Bad", "Ur Weak", "SellUrWiiU" and "USuck"; and now I am stuck in For Glory Hell again. (That person also taunted 5 times during the match).
Why are there so many hostile people on the 1 vs. 1 mode of For Glory? Certainly most people are fine, but I have encountered enough people saying insulting things that it has become noticeable. Should I report those people in-game? (So far I have not reported anyone). I've blocked some of them, but then I keep running into new people who are hostile. I've also encountered many people in the 1 vs. 1 mode who taunt when I lose.

Is there any way to avoid ending up in For Glory Hell, or to get out of it without having to wait a week?

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Unfortunately, For Glory is a salt mine, so it's inevitable that you'll end up in its hellzone eventually. The report system in Smash 4 is so heavily flawed that you can get reported for doing pretty much anything. The best way to avoid ending up in For Glory Hell or at least reducing your chances altogether would have to be playing For Glory 2v2. I've played For Glory doubles since around the game's release, and up to when I stopped playing Smash 4, I've only ended up in For Glory Hell at least once or twice. I'm not sure why this is the case. My guess is that since teams are usually randomized every match, it's less likely for a person to get only aggravated at a single person. They'll be your enemy at one point, and they'll be your ally at another, so they won't really be as inclined to report you for beating them in several matches. Here's to hoping Ultimate at least requires a reason for the report and includes a "jury" mode where you can decide whether an anonymous person should be warned or banned for the given reason by watching footage of before, during, and after a match.

Top Bottom