• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory Ban System

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Can anyone tell me how it works? It seems so abusive because there is no moderation on it at all. I got banned like 4-5 times when i played Bayonetta during 1.1.5.

Started playing smash again this month, it took only 6 days before i got banned AGAIN with 1.1.6 Bayonetta.

Is there anything i can do? Am i stuck in FG hell for yet another week?

HYP3R

Smash Lord
It isn't very surprising, I've heard many stories about Bayonetta bringing the salt out of people to report you.
If you're playing on WiiU, you can check the status of your ban by trying to join Tournament mode. It will say "Unable to join" every time until you are unbanned.
Other than that, there isn't much else to suggest other than avoid For Glory and play in friend rooms. Either that or become a Ganondorf main, nobody reports a Ganondorf main.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Either that or become a Ganondorf main, nobody reports a Ganondorf main.
definitely not true. If you roflstomp anyone they'll likely report you.

In fact I'd say you're likely to get reported almost as often for using ganon just because most people know he's not that good, and that you picking him is like a sign of disrespect in itself, basically telling your opponent that you can't take them seriously enough to use a better character. And if you destroy them as ganon, like gimping them with his sour spot up air(which is oh so satisfying to take people out with) both stocks, they'll hit that report button immediately.

End of the day, smash4's report system is just ****. People who really deserve being reported rarely get it, those who don't deserve being reported often do get reported.

I really hope they fix this in the smash for switch. Because a report system is definitely something needed to control things like taunt parties and those who talk trash at the select screen and then leave, but the current system is crap and doesn't deter either of the above, and harms innocent players more.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure of how it specifically works myself, but I believe I remember reading that you get banned for getting reported X amount of times in Y amount of time. Once you've been banned it becomes a lot easier to find yourself right back in Ban Land.

Furthermore, if you attempt to play while banned it's possible for banned players to report you, which will make it last longer.

As for what you can do...? Sadly, you can't do a single thing unless you either avoid For Glory outright or stop using Bayonetta. I feel like a lot of folks will never get over their saltiness over her and I can't believe people still Rage Quit if someone so much as selects her. It's also sad and an incredible shame that someone will report somebody else due to the character they chose.

But that is For Glory for you. I'd recommend trying to find opponents here on SmashBoards, or maybe even trying Anthers Ladder.

Top Bottom