• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Female gamerz

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeachIsMyNumeroUno

Smash Cadet
I was wondering how many female gamers are on here, and was wondering how it goes for you.

Cuz I know for myself anyway, that I take alot of heat for no reason just because I'm a girl who plays games. And I'm, like the only one I know who plays Smash Bros.

So I just wanted to get a chance to meet some other female gamers out there ^^

And hear any other stories of how my fellow ladies deal with our sexist world :ohwell:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey OP.

You're really a man, aren't you?

If not, nobody cares that you're a girl, there are a lot of them here.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Eh, being a girl gamer is really no big deal, honestly.

Why do people make a big deal anyway? It's confusin'

Btw Teran, your post made me lol.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Trust me, Peach. You aren't the only girl out there. There are tons of girls here on Smashboards. And tons more that play video games. So it isn't really that big of a deal, but yeah.. It's pretty much the same like a guy in tournaments. Only thing that may be different is that people may expect you to play bad because you're a girl, but then you just prove them wrong and everyone is happy! ;)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think the big deal is that girls that you know are generally ignorant on video games, or the think they are icky and boyish. Personally, Id love to meet a babe who loves to play games as much as I do.

Also a question: because you are a girl, does that mean that you automatically have to main a female, or am I just sounding like an ignorant boob who obviously has been taught in a household with too much masculinity?

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Trust me, Peach. You aren't the only girl out there. There are tons of girls here on Smashboards. And tons more that play video games. So it isn't really that big of a deal, but yeah.. It's pretty much the same like a guy in tournaments. Only thing that may be different is that people may expect you to play bad because you're a girl, but then you just prove them wrong and everyone is happy! ;)
Pretty pink. I get the message.

Or actually a man trying to get in touch with his feminine side...

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
My female friends sometimes give me grief, or wonder how it is I can have so many male friends.

My male friends don't give a **** and play games with me all day. <3

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I think the big deal is that girls that you know are generally ignorant on video games, or the think they are icky and boyish. Personally, Id love to meet a babe who loves to play games as much as I do.

Also a question: because you are a girl, does that mean that you automatically have to main a female, or am I just sounding like an ignorant boob who obviously has been taught in a household with too much masculinity?
It doesnt mean that...
but sometimes it just works out like that.

Zero

Smash Hero
Oh. Glad I sorted that out.

BUT SERIOUSLY

People often play characters that they identify with. Because of this, certain character mains tend to have similar traits, mindsets and/or issues. Just lurk within any board and you can probably see this.

Zero

Smash Hero
ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

You know you're a deviant like the rest of us. Deep down. deeeeeeeeep.
:)

Suspect

Smash Hero
OP

The only heat you should be taking is the heat in the kitchen, now get back in there.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I'm a peach main am i a woman
inb4 "no ur gay black or fat looooooooool"

There are plenty of female smashers that hold their own. LadyLegion, Crismas, and Milktea are all known to destroy people who underestimate them.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
mine iron and sell on GE
Runescape lolwut.

Anyways, I wish I knew a little bit more gamer girls or that my female friends are also gamers (maybe they are?). then again, I'm fine not knowing any gamer girls. i mean, it'd be good for me if I ever have a girlfriend that doesn't really play games. Might make me want to hang with her more.

Jonbebe

Smash Cadet
Whoaa, ayyy, she's asking a legitimate question of how the female persuasion fares in video gaming, primarily a male past-time.
Video games are not a "male past-time". And her question regarded how poor disgruntled oppressed female gamers manage to survive in our "sexist world". I'm doing everything I can not to go upside her head.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
Agreed the world is not sexist i just want women to make me sannviches and when they are done to with laundry they could do what ever they want, even play smash bros. Jk

inb4 : STFU you sexist troll!

cmon on now it shouldn't be a big deal i know many girls who play games and are mildly attractive
really, just because your a female doesn't mean i wont pwn you.

But if OP feels that their arn't that many girls on here then maybe you have been looking at the wrong places?

Zero

Smash Hero
Video games are not a "male past-time". And her question regarded how poor disgruntled oppressed female gamers manage to survive in our "sexist world". I'm doing everything I can not to go upside her head.
Competitive video games sure as hell are.

Females may consider any male-dominated activity as oppressive as more often than not, they're not being treated as females, but as equal males. Ironically, the sexism comes not from discrimination but from equality.

Or that some guys are total ***** when it comes to the opposite sex. That's fair grounds to be disgruntled about it.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
You mad, too

Though I've never exactly been sure how many female players we have.

I could have just gone on ahead and trolled the OP that everyone on the internet are dudes.

PeachIsMyNumeroUno

Smash Cadet
Hmm, It seems my post was taken the wrong way.

What I meant was, that alot of guys I know, don't think that I can play well because I'm a female. That just because I'm not a male means I shouldn't be playing games.

I never said, at least I didn't intend it to be taken this way, that there aren't alot of female gamers. I just was wondering if any other female gamers get crap just for being that: A female gamer.

But, maybe it's just me, I don't know...

P.S. to answer: I main peach because she was the first character I got good with back in melee, and I find her even better in brawl.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
You mad, too

Though I've never exactly been sure how many female players we have.

I could have just gone on ahead and trolled the OP that everyone on the internet are dudes.
That woulda be hilarious, IMO.

I'd rather go to a tournament and be treated like one of the guys RATHER than being treated like a girl.

Nah, i dont get crap for it. My closest friends are guy gamers. If people give me crap, i show em up. Simple as that.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, It seems my post was taken the wrong way.

What I meant was, that alot of guys I know, don't think that I can play well because I'm a female. That just because I'm not a male means I shouldn't be playing games.

I never said, at least I didn't intend it to be taken this way, that there aren't alot of female gamers. I just was wondering if any other female gamers get crap just for being that: A female gamer.

But, maybe it's just me, I don't know...

P.S. to answer: I main peach because she was the first character I got good with back in melee, and I find her even better in brawl.
It seems that the boys you have encountered were immature and figz i am sorry if they offened you in such a way. As for people that see it as offensive quit being a fig , besides main peach cuz shes a girl seems like a bunch of hot air.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The problem with these types of posts is that ppl (or girls rather) consider themselves "girl gamers" when you should just consider yourself a "gamer" first then a "girl" second. If you carry yourself with that kinda attitude there won't be much room for slack. And if they do then eff em' they aren't worth your breath. I was never big on the whole "girl gamer" attitude anyway... but yeah I saw my name on this thread lawl and posted.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That woulda be hilarious, IMO.

I'd rather go to a tournament and be treated like one of the guys RATHER than being treated like a girl.

Nah, i dont get crap for it. My closest friends are guy gamers. If people give me crap, i show em up. Simple as that.
Holy crap, I didn't know Chronodiver was a female!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom