• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstools and other tricks

NoZ600

Smash Rookie
The tread is essentially for creative combos and mix-ups. Let's get fancy with our knowledge of Pikachu. I want to be able to use every move that this rapid rodent's got. Not necessarily saying that fancy wins matches. However if you've got something that can help Pikachu's metagame then I welcome it. Also I am new to Smashboards and this is my first thread. But, digressing from formalities if you've got videos or ideas to what might work then post it here. I might test them in my friendlies matches if I get the chance to ( not a guarantee). Besides I'd prefer it if you all tried it out in battle. Now then, let's get this started.

There is one thing I have tried with Pika and worked is:
F-throw ( near end of ledge)> Short Hop> Footstool
However I believe this only works on inward DI and if the
opponent jumps up immediately. Not sure if u can go down for the footstool
or if it works when the opponent fastfalls or not.
( Also I want to know if it is possible to QAC Footstool).

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
I haven't had mch luck with footstool but I know d-throw footstool works on characters varying in % but im excited to see what other people have to say to improve it

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
I did a lot of research on Pikachu's combos and whatnot for a tournament a while back. I found this well-done list very helpful in my training.
http://smashboards.com/threads/pikachu-combos.339478/#post-16057433

This list was a great jumping off point for me to discover effective combos on my own. I don't claim to be anything even close to an expert on Pikachu, but here are a few very basic combos (probably more like plain old moves). SheNanagan's list is probably for more advanced Pikachu players, while mine would probably be better for noobs. I hope this helps someone.

Down throw > up smash
Down throw > down air
Up tilt > up smash (low percents)
Up smash/tilt > thunder
Fair > up smash

Against fast fallers/heavy characters
Double up smash
Up tilt > nair
Repeatedly chain grab down throw, then side smash!

Paradoxium

Smash Master
F throw regrab until they are hanging over the edge and them let them drop, now you have an edge guard opportunity

Player -0

Smash Hero
You might be able to:
FH Up Air OoS -> Short Footstool -> FF -> Up-Smash.

If you can then that's pretty much a guaranteed kill setup if people hit the back of Pika's shield.

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
You might be able to:
FH Up Air OoS -> Short Footstool -> FF -> Up-Smash.

If you can then that's pretty much a guaranteed kill setup if people hit the back of Pika's shield.
I love this combo so much!!! Catches so many people off guard especially the ones with bad DI and it is so satisfying to land :chuckle:. You can also get a similar combo from a down throw if they DI wrong. The pika hype is real! :colorful:

Top Bottom