• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool -> Up-B [WIP]

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
So Doctor Mario can Super Jump Punch some characters right out of a footstool. This is probably not new to most of you. Although I have found a way to extend the amount of character we can Footstool -> Up-B. If you jump right after a footstool then Up-B you can hit some character you normally wouldn't be able to. The reason for this I am not sure of, but it is either one of two things.
1. When you jump after the footstool you actually lower your Y coordinate a bit to reach lower.
2. When you jump the jump allows you to stay relatively close to your X and Y coordinate for a few more frames, which allows you to hit more characters with this trick.

This tech might be able to be applied to other characters as well.

Grounded

:4mario: Mario - Jump after the footstool and aim your fist at Mario's Head.

:4luigi: Luigi - Jump after the footstool and aim your fist at Luigis Head.

:4yoshi: Yoshi - Up-B and Aim for his big nose. You can hit Yoshi's backside if you double jump after the footstool and Up-B.

:rosalina: Rosalina (with Luma) - If Luma happens to be near Rosalina, jump after the footstool, Up-B and aim for Luma. This will extend the hit-box and Rosalina will get hit by it.

:4wario: Wario - Up-B after the footstool (hits both sides).

:4gaw: Mr. Game and Watch - Jump after the footstool and Up-B. (hits both sides).

:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt - Footstool them facing the front and Up-B, aim for the duck (for some reason it is inconsistent. (If you jump after the footstool and Up-B it connects more successfully)

:4dedede: King Dedede - Up-B after the footstool and aim for his head.

:4charizard: Charizard - Footstool him from the back, Jump and Up-B.

:4falcon: Captain Falcon - Footstool him from the front, Jump and Up-B.

:4drmario: Dr. Mario - Jump after the footstool and Up-B aiming towards the front of him.

:4pacman: Pac-man - Jump after the footstool and Up-B aiming for his backside.

:4megaman: Megaman - Up-B immediatly after the footstool if you footstool from the back. If you footstool from the front, after the footstool immediately jump and Up-B aiming for the front of him.

:4sonic: Sonic - Immediately after the footstool, Jump, Up-B and aim for his back/spikes.

:4mewtwo: Mewtwo - Jump and Up-B immediately after the footstool and aim for his head.

:4corrin: Corrin - Footstool him from the from, Jump and Up-B.

:4bowser: Bowser - Up-B after footstool and aim for his back/shell.

:4yoshi: Yoshi - Up-B and aim for the front of him. If you double jump after the footstool and Up-B you can hit his backside as well.

:4dk: Donkey Kong - Up-B after the footstool and aim for his back.

:4littlemac: Little Mac - Jump after the footstool, Up-B and aim for his back/shoes.

:4sheik: Sheik - Up-B right after footstool and aim for Sheik's back/feet.

:4tlink: Toon Link - Up-B after the footstool and aim for Toon Link's head.

:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt - Footstool facing them and Up-B.

:4kirby: Kirby - Jump after the footstool and Up-B (hits on both sides).

:4fox: Fox - Jump after the footstool and Up-B (only works if you footstool him from the back).

:4falco: Falco - Up-B right after the footstool (only works if you footstool him from the front). If you footstool him from the back then jump and Up-B while aiming for his back.

:4charizard: Charizard - Up-B right after the footstool and aim for the head/the front.

:4lucario: Lucario - Up-B right after the footstool and aim for the front/tail/legs.

:4villager: Villager - Jump after the footstool and Up-B (hits both sides).

:4olimar: Olimar - Up-B right after the footstool and aim for the back on him.

:4drmario: Dr. Mario - Footstool him from the back, Jump and Up-B the front of him.

:4mewtwo: Mewtwo - Footstool him from the back, Jump and Up-B.

:4ryu: Ryu - Jump and Up-b aiming for the front of him.

:4corrin: Corrin - Jump and Up-B aiming for the back.

:4peach: Peach

:4bowserjr: Bowser Jr.

:4diddy: Diddy Kong

:4link: Link

:4zelda: Zelda

:4ganondorf: Ganondorf

:4samus: Samus

:4zss: Zero Suit Samus

:4pit: Pit

:4palutena: Palutena

:4marth: Marth

:4myfriends: Ike

:4robinm: Robin

:4metaknight: Meta Knight

:4pikachu: Pikachu

:4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff

:4greninja: Greninja

:4rob: R.O.B.

:4ness: Ness

:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer - (I would like to note that doing a jump after an aerial footstool and Up-B-ing that you will "scratch" the opponent. You might be able to get it, but I've tried for hours so I'm labeling it as it cannot be done.)

:4shulk: Shulk

:4darkpit: Dark Pit

:4lucina: Lucina

:4lucas: Lucas

:4feroy: Roy

:4cloud: Cloud

:4bayonetta: Bayonetta

Last recorded character: :4bayonetta:

I will do the Mii's at a later point.

Last edited:

DJSKRELP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NotApplicable
3DS FC
3024-8713-4194
I never though about it being applied this way. I'll be sure to try it out.

EDIT: Also, keep content like this coming. The Doc boards are a litle dead :(

Last edited:

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
I never though about it being applied this way. I'll be sure to try it out.

EDIT: Also, keep content like this coming. The Doc boards are a litle dead :(
I know right? I'm trying to find as much stuff as I possibly can.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm laughing coming across this thread due to footstool > up-b a bowser in dubs last night. But yeah, it works!

:pow:

Fliflob

Smash Rookie
Grounded footstool to neutral air also works, although I'm not sure how much of the cast if works on (and I may be missing something since I'm really bad at this game). I can't see it being that great at low percents, but at high percents I think it could be a viable setup for getting the untechable spin (or just a missed tech in general), since you can jab lock afterwards with a pill, then forward smash. Hope that someone finds this useful :)

LoneLabbr

Smash Rookie
I found out about this around 4 months ago. I don't think that this is any better than normal up-b, except when used against Yoshi when edgeguarding (It lets you bypass the super armor of his second jump).

Fliflob

Smash Rookie
I found out about this around 4 months ago. I don't think that this is any better than normal up-b, except when used against Yoshi when edgeguarding (It lets you bypass the super armor of his second jump).
I've been testing with this on and off for a few months now - you can get the untechable spin into a pill jab lock at about 100% (as for how true this is I'm not so sure), and I think there's a stupid thing on battlefield if they're at a higher % but it seems really tricky - I'll keep testing it because I'm not sure if it's a thing, and if it is, whether it's true, and how to cover options if the opponent doesn't get put in an untechable state. As well as this, there's some stuff you can do with platforms and sliding at lower %s - you can get some pretty high damage combos, and what seems like a combo that goes 20% to a KO if the opponent misses a tech. However, as with the other thing, this seems tricky, and I'd need to do more testing to check if this stuff is true, how to cover options in bits that aren't guaranteed, etc. Anyway, in all normal circumstances I'd agree and say up b is better - by the time nair would put them in an untechable spin up b will either get a KO or put them in a bad position offstage where you can edge guard them. Thanks for the clarification!
EDIT: Just to clarify a bit more, the only way I can see nair being a useful option is if there is a way to convert that to more damage/a more reliable KO than with up b. I also remembered the low % thing, so I put that in. Anyway, Sorry if you guys already know all this stuff, or if it's completely useless (I'm pretty bad at the game, this is stuff I've just found by messing about).

Last edited:

LoneLabbr

Smash Rookie
I'm talking about footstool up-b, not footstool nair.

Last edited:

Fliflob

Smash Rookie
I'm talking about footstool up-b, not footstool nair.
Sorry, I just misinterpreted :( .
EDIT: I just misread actually, since I just read your message again and saw that I just straight up read it wrong :( .
Again, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom