• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool setups?

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
I'm looking to incorporate footstooling into my game more often (I have it re-bined to X, since I don't use that to jump).

Does anyone here have any reliable setups for footstools? If not reliable, when do you often use it?

Thanks!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Probably can soft reverse-bair a lot of characters into a footstool. But I don't see sheik benefiting from it that much outside of edgeguarding, generally on stage it's better to just send them off as soon as possible to exaggerate your advantage with your godly edge play/edge guarding

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Probably can soft reverse-bair a lot of characters into a footstool. But I don't see sheik benefiting from it that much outside of edgeguarding, generally on stage it's better to just send them off as soon as possible to exaggerate your advantage with your godly edge play/edge guarding
It only works reliably on DI in from what ive seen. To be honest its not that worth it. Her edgeguard game is so developed in terms of options so that if you're familiarized with her, edgeguarding is second nature. Footstools are cool though.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
DI up would give the same thing, and they'd be DIing up if they're anticipating the slap. Footstool will send them further down than slap will send them out since at low percents slap has such low knockback. Dunno if the soft bair actually connects into footstool at low percents tho. But if it does there's no doubt to me that this would be good. foot stool also has no endlag, so you could immediately take the edge and drop for a soft bair gimp. It's fairly situational of course, but I think landing it if you could would definitely have good results.

Top Bottom