• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool Setup Breakdown

Trunine

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TASl0XlbEAg

Made a tutorial for Megaman's footstool setup. Hope it can help those that want to learn it! I'll definitely answer questions if people have them as well. The description of the video also has the characters that the setup works the best on. All the testing was done by me.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Awesome stuff. I was in the process of making a list of who could be hit with the z-drop MB after footstool on which sides and who couldn't. Very valuable info!

Edit: might also be known you can buffer the z-drop when in the footstool animation and you need to Short hop the footstool to get the second.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
What I find a little amusing is that it's possible that you can actually z-drop mb>mega upper and the character that gets caught in it will immediately go flying towards the top of the screen but won't die at expected percents.

Keep in mind that it is extremely precise to do and I believe the reason why that does happen is because they get hit by the metal blade again after being launched by mega upper.

Also, each character has different % damages depending on how big and wide their hurtbox is and I find that Bayonetta is another one of those characters that is very difficult, if not, impossible to get the jab lock due to her skinny hurtbox and animation when getting footstooled.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

My Smash Corner has just released an extensive video about the footstool set up. It's pretty great knowing this info. :)

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
One thing not mentioned is at the ledges you can spike kill with this setup. After the footstool zdrop quickly dair. If you to slow you get the weak hit. At high % dj dair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom