• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool combos out of Lloyd?

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
So I've been labbing for quite a while now and I dont know if this has already been discovered but I have never seen it anywhere. Basically, what I am doing is getting a woodchip, shooting a Lloyd, staying ahead of the Lloyd, confirming that my opponent gets hit by Lloyd, footstool them while they are still in hitstun, throw woodchip down immediately after the footstool and then catching the woodchip while at the same time hitting your opponent with an aerial. If your fast enough, you can consistently combo woodchip into aerials. The whole idea of this is to confirm stage control from a Lloyd, while at the same time maximizing damage. Woodchip only does 3% but it applies enough hitstun to combo until 90% (Midweight characters) you can still do Lloyd into footstool woodchip but the most you'll get is a weak hit of fair/bair. Although this combo strives at early-mid percents, it takes crazy reaction timing to get the footstool just right, at first atleast, it was but it became less and less hard the more I practiced it (as expected). These footstool woodchip combos are extremely flashy as well so that kind of a plus.

I wish I could add some sort of video to this but I play on a 3DS and dont have a capture card or a laptop to upload the footage to :[

Note: Everything has not been tested on an actual human being, I've just been in training mode this whole time. I would assume you can still do this combo though just follow their DI. I could be wrong however.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
This is why I said it requires godlike reaction timing. You have to confirm that they have been hit and be in the perfect position to footstool them. You arent necessarily in a bad position either, but it can be punished. However I doubt that you will be doing this more than once per set, that being said, I doubt your opponent will punish it the first time you do it. The amount of time I want to say that you have to react is about 13ish frames to input the footstool. I could be wrong though, its just an assumption.

Stratto

Smash Rookie
You can footstool out of down grab with certain characters. I think late nair hit has that hitstun, I'm not sure though. I'm interested in knowing what footstool options villager has since I've been labbing lately too.

Stratto

Smash Rookie
I know this thread is about loyd footstools, but here's something I found, I dont know if its been discussed before:
down throw to sliding up smash (flick the left stick immediately towards your oponent and quickly flick the c stick up) and while the oponent is in mid air, footstool, then a falling nair. It should lock if done correctly, Im still labbing this but it seems to work on all heavies and fast fallers. I think its easier than it sounds.
I'll see if I can record some vids.

There are also footstool options if dash attack connects, although I haven't practiced it yet.

Top Bottom