• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOOLS!! R.O.B. Community Combo Video: Obtained footage, selecting music.

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
Make a blog looking for an editor and Sony Vegas is the best video editing software IMO.

:phone:
I use Sony Vegas for editing but wmm for compiling. Vegas is buggy as hell (at least in my experience) I can't edit a full video on it before it starts flipping out and literally chopping up my clips and playing them back out of sync with the audio. And playback is terrible, maybe because the program uses up so much resources, but wmm plays back your video in the highest quality no matter how large it is... while you're editing.

TBH Sony Vegas not working right is a huge part of why I'm not prepared. I dunno maybe I'm just doing something wrong. :\

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I use Sony Vegas for editing but wmm for compiling. Vegas is buggy as hell (at least in my experience) I can't edit a full video on it before it starts flipping out and literally chopping up my clips and playing them back out of sync with the audio. And playback is terrible, maybe because the program uses up so much resources, but wmm plays back your video in the highest quality no matter how large it is... while you're editing.

TBH Sony Vegas not working right is a huge part of why I'm not prepared. I dunno maybe I'm just doing something wrong. :\
what version of wmm do you use?
you knowz?
Old > New?

8Bitman

Smash Master
Personally I would love to make a CV. I was inspired from Reaper. He literally edited it so well that you remember the music more than the video.

I just have no clue how to make one. Like I understand cutting, editing, gathering, storing, everything computer-based... Well I kinda understand how to make one. It's just that i've never seen it done. ALSO I don't know what software I need. You said I need WMM, IDK where to get it.

And are there other programs I can use? I am smart on knowing how to use something but I have to be told from someone how and where to find it.

=/

I also have a **** load of time on my hands. I could probably make one in a few days or a week or two if I really wanted to. =P

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Lucky i think the reason why your Sony vegas is choppy and All that is because when you edit you don't give it enough time to start up or you don't disable the video resample under properties. I might be wrong tho also 8bitman you Should get Sony Vegas there's easy tutorials and stuff on Youtube, All you really need for a combo video to come out good is timing and making sure the clip goes with the song and an effect here and there, but make sure not to overuse it I think every computer comes with WMM Idk.

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
I might look it up some time soon. I might be persuaded enough to do this all. =P

Don't count on it though. lol

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Wait, so is the only thing stopping this from happening a lack of someone to put it together?
I've got CyberLink PowerDirector 8 and know how to use it pretty well. Got some AMV experience as well.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well if you want to do it. IDC, just ask Lucky for all of the footage. =P

Rawr.

8Bitman

Smash Master
IDK if you read earlier in the thread. But Bees made a song for the CV.

Can you use that? Also we chose a bunch of songs but I guess if you're making it any other song decisions would be yours. But out of respect to Bees, use the song he made. It is a good one. =P

If you can use faster songs please do. The faster the more INTO IT people will be when they watch it.

EDIT!!!!!!!!: CAN THIS PLEASE BE THE CREDITS THEME!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!???????
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/365930
The download link is right under it. =P

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I didn't get a chance to read through the thread, but I'll just bug Bees! on Facebook to give me the song. Too lazy to search through 21 pages for it. :p

EDIT: Or not for some reason his facebook isn't showing up anywhere. He did mention he'd be out of contact via facebook for a week or two...

Well I'll find it later. Got a tourney in t-minus now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Soooo, the project is back to square one? Well, maybe then I can finally get someone who will add my Wii number and Friend Code. :p

But seriously, if this project is pretty much starting from scratch or what-not, then perhaps I can use this time to play some friends and get some replays of my R.O.B.. Besides, with MK's ban coming into effect soon, I may as well revive my R.O.B.. lulz. XD

Plus, I haven't played Brawl in a long while, what with being busy with my PS3 and stuff, so some unrusting is definitely in order. XD

dettadeus

Smash Lord
If I can get all the footage without having to download all the videos off of Youtube that would be great, and I should be able to start sometime in the next week or two.

Also Bees! that song was amazing.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If I can get all the footage without having to download all the videos off of Youtube that would be great, and I should be able to start sometime in the next week or two.

Also Bees! that song was amazing.
That should be some adequate time for me to start unrusting and getting some footage... but I'm really gonna need someone's Friend Code and Wii #. That reminds me: Sometime this week (I believe), there will be a tournament at the local GamePlay store in the mall where I live, and Ally has apparently been confirmed to appear there. I'm thinking of going, seeing as it's merely a bus ride for me... or a 10-15 minute drive if I can get a ride from my friend. I can use the tourney as a means to unrust... whilst potentially getting my rear handed to me at the same time. XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If everyone can work on getting their own clips of combos already cut out in actual files not on YouTube, I can make a video easily

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Mine are already cut that way, they would just need a little touching up. I can send the Mediafire link to you if you want.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I don't know how to cut.

Can I send my replays to any of you to cut them and send them in? I have to go review which ones I am actually sending in now. Because I have like 3+ minutes of footage. O-o

EDIT!: Also did anyone listen to that link I posted like 15 posts previously? T_T

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
OK this has gone on far enough...

HOW TO: Capture, Edit, and Send your own clips!

YOU WILL NEED:

You can get these two from any Radioshack or Ebay, they're only a few bucks.

Sometimes found in electronics stores like Best Buy, Radioshack, etc. but for the cheapest price buy one from ebay, $20 - $60
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...Dazzle+DVD+recorder&_sacat=See-All-Categories

THE SETUP:

Once you've read the manual like a smart person and installed your dazzle software/latest drivers, then do this:

EASY!

TO RECORD:

Now all you need is some recording software.
v This is Pinnacle's Instant DVD Recorder software, it should come with your dazzle already. If not, you can download it here: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...ownload+Area/Drivers+-+Updates?mode=documents

This will record videos in .vob format and actually gets really good quality. To skip the trimming process, only record the clip you want from your saved replay! This is where your video files will end up:

If for some reason you have trouble with this video capture software, you can also try AVS Video Recorder. I've only tried it a couple times and while it only gives DECENT quality, it works well and it's completely free: http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Recorder.aspx

TRIMMING AND EDITING:

This is a raw recorded clip, notice that it is a bit squished. What I do is record the clip in 16:9 even though my tv is 4:3 (Adjust the aspect ratio in Brawl) then I just crop the black borders in Sony Vegas and render in 16:9 to get a nice, clean, widescreen clip.

If you have Sony Vegas at all I'm assuming you can do it yourself, if not, dettadeus or Chibo or whoever will be editing might have it and can do it for you (hell, even me, just make sure you send your clips in the format described up to this point via a file hosting site. More on this below).

- If you're not concerned with your clips being widescreen in the video, you can just send your raw clips to the video editor and that'll be enough.

For simple and easy trimming wmm is the easiest way.

v This is Windows Movie Maker 6.0, native to Vista, the most versatile version of wmm imo. Don't have it? I've prepared a download for you here, it contains instructions by the brilliant 'whoever uploaded it first' on how to install. It worked with my Windows 7 but I'm not sure if it will work with other OS's. You'll need to extract these files (Winrar can do this, look further down for more on that):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=556IB9GF

Just to note, wmm CANNOT stretch your video to 16:9, it will just give you black borders. You can only do this in Vegas or some other professional editing software.

SENDING:

Once you are happy with the clips you want to send, you just need to package them and upload them to megaupload, mediafire, or some other file hosting site. To do this (since these site don't let you upload multiple files in one shot) you need some kind of compressing software. I've mentioned before that Winrar is free and easy to use, go here to get it: http://www.win-rar.com/website/index.php?id=start&L=0

Once you've installed it, winrar options will show up every time you right-click a file.

Then simply upload the .rar file to one file-hosting site mentioned previously, and send the link to the download to the video editor!!!!! :DDD

If you utterly and truly do not want to do this yourself, I am willing to record people's replays. If you would like me to do that, send me your REPLAY FILES (.bin) off your SD card using the Winrar method and TELL ME WHAT TO RECORD AND WHEN. I can do the rest.

If you would like me to give you a tutorial on how to download your own videos off youtube I can show you that too.

Any questions?

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
So what, I can only use the Wii's composite cables on that thing?

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Great, I'll remember that. I'll go practice up my ROB now. I haven't used him in months so he's prolly gonna be a little rusty (pun intended).

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this isn't the easiest way for everyone to pitch in their clips, but it's a good learning experience if you're new to video-making! You can even start your own youtube channel! :]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow you're doing like 40 million more steps than you have to lol

why would you record it as a dvd first @_@

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I use Instant DVD Recorder because... I don't have anything else. -__- I've looked, trust me. The new Windows Live suite didn't work, wmm doesn't detect the dazzle, and everything else doesn't get as good quality as this as far as I know. The downside to this method is obviously you can't choose what format to record in, you only get .vob and you need to render your clips in a video-editor to get something like .avi.

Is there an easier way?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
almost any encoder will pick up a dazzle's video, just not the audio - though you can route that through your computers line in port with some differ cables.

windows media encoder 9 is my fav easy option

i wrote a full guide on it somewhere in videography

Top Bottom