• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOOLS!! R.O.B. Community Combo Video: Obtained footage, selecting music.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Thanks bro! That was against a guy who came in first out here :D
Very proud of myself for being the only one able to beat him.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Kinda like when I beat ESAM. Lol You beat the person who won the tourney. You feel amazing yet crappy at the same time. Like, WTF how I no win!? XD

I really like that piece of footage, and that is some of the the type of footage I wanted to see submitted because I really wanted to have the R.O.B Boards create a CCV and show everyone what R.O.B can do.

That footage showed complete control of R.O.B and him being used to the best of his abilities, well in a sense. Because you didn't miss a laser or Gyro. And you controlled the stage technically with R.O.B himself.

Honestly R.O.B is one of the few characters in the game that people don't understand and don't know everything he can do. With clips like that I feel we should show a lot of people how R.O.B works, and how he should work. ^_^

Again I just really want to say thanks to everyone who wanted to and is participating in this. Yall awesome!!! <3

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the clips Zwarm! I made a little folder titled "community video clips" and inside that are folders for each individual player's clips. So far I have 8bit, mine, peace, zwarm, and themike's clips sorted out. After I finish the reverse specials tutorial I'm working on now, I'll start actively tracking down the rest of your clips, so be ready with them, or send them to me now (even as links to youtube videos) if they're ready to go, just to make it easier on me. :p

^ Also, totally agree.

8Bitman

Smash Master
How much more people are you planning on taking Lucky? Or better yet how much more do you think you can take?

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
@mistereric it's done 4/5 of the way!
@holyv will do!
@ccst is that sarcasm I'm sensing or am I totally off?
@sol my wii number is 7720 2363 7663 2966, but I'm already maxed out on space for the wii. If you do send them I'm not sure if they'll get rejected or go on the my sd card. Just warning you, you might have to send them twice or wait until I free up space.
@8bit Whoever mains rob and wants to contribute should be allowed to do so without a deadline, and I'm anticipating a lot of downsizing on clips so there should be plenty of room anyway.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
so, I want to be a part of this vid...
but my video quality is lacking.
=[
your call lucky

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@sol my wii number is 7720 2363 7663 2966, but I'm already maxed out on space for the wii. If you do send them I'm not sure if they'll get rejected or go on the my sd card. Just warning you, you might have to send them twice or wait until I free up space.
Ugh, it's as if fate is trying to prevent me from being in the video. D:

Thanks for the Wii Number though. I'll add you ASAP. :3

8Bitman

Smash Master
so, I want to be a part of this vid...
but my video quality is lacking.
=[
your call lucky
You're the the 4th best R.O.B, bad quality or not, you're going to be in the video. >=3

Ugh, it's as if fate is trying to prevent me from being in the video. D:

Thanks for the Wii Number though. I'll add you ASAP. :3
You can send the replays. They won't be rejected, just that every time Luck turns on his Wii and goes to brawl, when it loads up, it will go to a quick screen saying that the vault data is full and data is trying to be received and it cannot. As soon as Lucky deletes enough replays to equal the amount that you sent that screen will stop popping up. *Has had personal experience

And Lucky, good ****. As long as things are moving along IDC. =3

8Bitman

Smash Master
Lucky have you started any of the video yet? Or have you just been organizing the clips?

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
Well see, I've been saving up clips for more than a year now meant for a bunch of other videos and currently they are taking up all the space on my wii but I've just started to record what I need from them so I can delete them and free up space.
After I get a good bit of space free'd up I'll start taking people's replays to actually start working on the video. Sorry if it seems like I'm stalling but I have a bad habit of working really slow on important things. :p At the very least I'll check back here every so often to update you on progress, but it's not like video editing is all I do y'know? >,>

8Bitman

Smash Master
It's alright, don't worry about it.

We've been waiting since Christmas, I think we can wait some more. =3

Drake12

Smash Ace
Kinda like when I beat ESAM. Lol You beat the person who won the tourney. You feel amazing yet crappy at the same time. Like, WTF how I no win!? XD

I really like that piece of footage, and that is some of the the type of footage I wanted to see submitted because I really wanted to have the R.O.B Boards create a CCV and show everyone what R.O.B can do.

That footage showed complete control of R.O.B and him being used to the best of his abilities, well in a sense. Because you didn't miss a laser or Gyro. And you controlled the stage technically with R.O.B himself.

Honestly R.O.B is one of the few characters in the game that people don't understand and don't know everything he can do. With clips like that I feel we should show a lot of people how R.O.B works, and how he should work. ^_^

Again I just really want to say thanks to everyone who wanted to and is participating in this. Yall awesome!!! <3
I know how I didn't win :/ I played him again in losers finals, after beating his yoshi twice he switched to MK and sweeped me 3-2...

The way I play usually doesn't give me combo video moments, so thats all I got at the moment. I'm attending a big tournament very soon, so we'll see what I can do :)

I do agree with what you said, and I appreciate the praise. It's always good to know I'm doing something right, especially when the bigger names say it.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah exactly. I am going to huge tourney on October 8th. I will try the same. ^_^

Christmas? I made my original thread for the CV way back in February '10. We've been waiting much longer, haha.
Well, I was waiting since then. I realize that you all have been waiting longer. =(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I know how I didn't win :/ I played him again in losers finals, after beating his yoshi twice he switched to MK and sweeped me 3-2...

The way I play usually doesn't give me combo video moments, so thats all I got at the moment. I'm attending a big tournament very soon, so we'll see what I can do :)

I do agree with what you said, and I appreciate the praise. It's always good to know I'm doing something right, especially when the bigger names say it.
Too bad you die to Marth's Forward air at 88 <3

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
It's alright, don't worry about it.

We've been waiting since Christmas, I think we can wait some more. =3
That's a relief to hear, honestly. I'm at work most of the day so when I get back I just need to relax, and I wait for my days off to do the real work, haha. But just be patient with me, I'll get it done.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Thanks budz. ^_^

Obviously we want it now, but we can't rush it if we don't have any power towards it.

As of now do we have enough footage to make the video, I know we are still accepting footage, but I just want to know how much we got.

Lucky you have any idea?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ugh, my procrastination is killing me. I need to send those replays to Lucky. I'll send them as soon as I wake up in the morning... or early afternoon; it's, like, 3:38am here. >___>

EDIT: Hey,
Lucky, did you ever add my Friend Code and Wii Number? I went to check your name in my Address Book, and your name appears greyed out, implying you haven't added my Wii Number yet... unless we both have to be online at the same time for our numbers to actually register. X___x

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I'm busy with life in general atm but that's probably just an exuse. =p Sol, I'll add you right now, send your clips whenever. Just let me know the dates of each clip so they're not lost in my sea of replays and I'll find them. 8bit, I haven't even looked through your replays yet, my bad. I have a day off on Wednesday so I'll try and wake up super early and cram as much work on this video as I can. Then I'll go back to the first page and download the rest of everyone's clips with my new browser add-on. :] Then I guess I'll see who's left and if I can get some more people who don't know about the video to send some clips. (BTW did Bees ever rerelease that song?)

8Bitman

Smash Master
OMFG!!!!

I FOUND THE OLD CLIPS!!!! I never deleted them from my sent box on my email. I still have all of the clips G0-S and Sol sent me!!! SWEET!!!

We have more footage now. HOORAY!!! =P =P

X2POST

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I've put a TON of thought into it and I've come to the conclusion that honestly I'm too tired of this, I'd like to step down. Not sure why I accepted the position in the first place, as you can see from my youtube channel I haven't uploaded anything worthwhile in well over a year, I just don't have the time anymore.

To those that actually sent your footage nicely trimmed, thank you, but the rest is all over the place and some people just stopped coming back here. I love ROB as a character, I really do, and I want to show how great he is, but this is someone else's vision, not mine. And I want to show my vision when I'm ready and not have the pressure of meeting expectations and deadlines.

To 8bit, I apologize for bringing your hopes up, but I don't think I'm the person for the job, not right now anyway. I have a lot of personal business I need to attend to so if anyone at all feels like making a video, you have my clips here in the thread (which are all individually pre-recorded, and trimmed BTW you're welcome) =p

Also here's a music suggestion, I was going to use this for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtDQt-4_Wjs

If no one picks up the job I can come back to it later :p If you can all wait a little while I'll have more free time on my hands later. In the meantime I'll work on new videos for my channel to tide you over and make amends, I'm almost finished with one right now I hope it's worth it. :]

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well I guess all we've been doing is waiting.

How long do you plan to abandon this whole thing?

There's no reason to find anyone else if you are still up to doing it.... Just after a long while.

It's alright man, I would like to finally see a R.O.B CV, but I have no power in that until I learn how to make them.

Also I love the music. Still keep it if you are planning on using it. No need to steal it if you're going to come back to it, or if you're going to use it on something else. ^_^

8Bitman

Smash Master
Of all the Character communities, R.O.B is the only one without a community combo video....

Maybe IC's and a few others... But it's ironic. We're robots/computers... We should be able to make these no problem. XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Well... I was planning on buying a new Dazzle sometime soon, so I might be able to take over for this thing.

The only problem is, I have almost no free time any more because of school and work, so idk when I would be able to find time to make this. :/

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
That's the problem zwarm, no time. Plus don't people still need to hand in newer clips? The whole process was just a mess after Sil left the building.

ROB is just an under-represented character, but I think it's because people are too confused by his mechanics so they stay away from him. Hey at least me and reaper have some nice rob cv's up. 8bit, it's so easy and even fun to make a combo video, all you need is a way to record and a video editing program (I still use windows movie maker to this day) I made my second cv entirely in wmm and that got pretty popular. I'd love to see what you can do.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Imma let you finish Captain Falcon....
BUT ROB HAS THE GREATEST COMMUNITY COMBO VIDEO of all time...
OF ALL TIME....

Eventually.

Top Bottom