• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOOLS!! R.O.B. Community Combo Video: Obtained footage, selecting music.

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I appreciate it chibo, but I still have a huge problem which is my dazzle keeps recording overscan (black area around the footage) so I have to go crop it out in sony vegas, and since I'm going to have to put each clip through vegas first, I might as well get the highest quality possible while I'm at it which is by doing it the way I outlined.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I have another combo that I can remember off the top of my head. If the guy who recorded it ever puts it up, I'll post it here. It was a 0-death (iirc) that won me a pools set against Ar ty. :)

Edit: I lol'd when ROB sneaks into the screen at the end.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
hahaz thx<3
I was beeping around in training mode the other day and as some of you may or may not know, I really enjoy experimenting with side-b especially the jump+side-b combo (since it gives you a huge jumping boost). Then I was like, I wonder what would happen if I did it under the stage, and fortunately enough, ROB just kind of sticks to the stage due to all the upward momentum he's supposed to be having and it leads to a pretty cool spike opportunity. I was also fortunate enough to have the opportunity to try it out in a match like a day or 2 after the idea as you saw above lol
I'm going to start working on side-b edgeguarding for horizontal blastzone kills. for example, drop really low, and then boost up with the jumping side-b and try to get a knockback KO hit.
Play around with it!

8Bitman

Smash Master
You need to experiment more with Gyro's. They're fun and I have made nice guaranteed combo's that rack up 30% and one that racks up 40%.

Side-B is R.O.B's worst move... I mean yeah let's make it better but that situation only works against characters that are floaty and go under the stage, like Pit, R.O.B, etc.

Otherwise cool combo, it was a good decision at the time. Hard to tech.

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
That combo was glorious.
Side-B is definitely one of the lulzier edgegaurding moves, it gives you the opportunity to get that "wimpy" hit that completely ***** the opponent's plans to recover. xD
Gyro needs more love too, it's probably the most versatile projectile in the game, and can be incredibly lulzy as well.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You need to experiment more with Gyro's. They're fun and I have made nice guaranteed combo's that rack up 30% and one that racks up 40%.

Side-B is R.O.B's worst move... I mean yeah let's make it better but that situation only works against characters that are floaty and go under the stage, like Pit, R.O.B, etc.

Otherwise cool combo, it was a good decision at the time. Hard to tech.
You can't tech if you're pushed up against the stage IIRC.

I believe that side b is awesome vs Olimar.
and I have some pretty cool, more-so flashy gimmicks, with the gyro.
I'll try to record some via a hand camera again to show you since I don't have access to a capture device atm.

Also... Boost nair to footstool spike at 0? I did it to a CPU yesterday so it's legit.

And please explain this combo btw. We need you to sharez<3
And don't ignore side-b. Seriously.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well it is hard to get and set up but all you need is a Gyro in your hand.

I am not the best at detail so please try to understand.

You have to be falling down on top of them more towards the front of them, then you Throw the Gyro down with Z, then instantly catch the Gyro with Z and hold, because you hold Z, it drops it again. This TECHNICALLY Throws the Gyro twice, hitting your opponent two times within a few milliseconds, and you should land as soon as you Z-Catch->Drop the Gyro and as soon as you land you can do MANY things to add to the combo.

Alone, the two drops should hit 10% or 11%. The two things I like doing, and work all the time are:

1.) Instantly F-Smash, this is the 30%.
2.) Instantly run forward and grab them. They will never see it coming and not know what to do, so you will get the grab, I have done it to my brothers mid match, who are better than me, and it works. Trust me. You get the grab, D-Throw and then go for an U-Air. Assuming you do it correctly you should get around 40%. It of course isn't guaranteed if someone of the moves are SDI'd correctly, but then again, you have to realize it is simply a mix-up and R.O.B really doesn't have any TRUE guaranteed combos.

The closest thing R.O.B has to a combo is D-Throwing at a low % and reading where they will go and getting an U-Air. That and his D-Tilt->Grab/etc.

8Bitman

Smash Master
DOUBLE POST FOR GOOD WILL!!!

Also... Boost nair to footstool spike at 0? I did it to a CPU yesterday so it's legit.
OMG! I always do that in Training mode. I just ignored it though because I never try to approach my opponent with a Backwards Up-B... It is too unsafe... lol

=3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3 =3

Top Bottom