• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Food Fight!: A Food/Drink Mascot Platform Fighter (Discontinued: please see the reboot thread)

Should There Be An Arcade Mode?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for Job #19. The results of the voting will determine the next two characters.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Bigg Mixx
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Sunny (Raisin Bran)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes
@Darkonedagger Apple & Cinnamon (Apple Jacks)
Otoad64 Otoad64 Lucky (Lucky Charms)
AlRex AlRex Count Chocula
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Toucan Sam (Froot Loops)
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb Crazy Cravings
Baysha Baysha Cinnamon Toast Squares
cashregister9 cashregister9 Cap’n Crunch

Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second or third place.
My votes are gonna be:
1. Toucan Sam
2. Capn Crunch
3. Sunny

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I also started a poll for if we want to include an arcade mode in here. So please vote for if you want an arcade mode or not. If not, we’ll have another new single player gameplay mode to replace it.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
This is really tough given a lot of these picks should be in but…

1. Tony the Tiger (I have a fun stage idea for him, plus I loved Frosted Flakes when I was younger)
2. Toucan Sam (I love Froot Loops too plus my own submission)
3. Lucky the Leperchaun (He’d be a cool mage based fighter)

D

Deleted member

1. Tony
2. Crunch
3. Lucky

Sam was an extremely close runner up

Last edited by a moderator:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
1. Toucan Sam (Only because Froot Loops are delicious)
2. Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Good move set potential)
3. Tony (He’s just iconic)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sorry for the wait everyone, looks like we’re probably going to have an arcade mode so the way that works will be decided after the content for… well these next two characters:

Bigg Mixx 0
Sunny 1
Tony the Tiger 19
Apple & Cinnamon 2
Lucky 4
Count Chocula 4
Toucan Sam 19
Crazy Cravings 0
Cinnamon Toast Squares 3
Cap’n Crunch 11

Tony the Tiger, and the mascot of the best cereal, Toucan Sam! So now I’ll start the content for them:

Job #20: Submit A Stage For Frosted Flakes And/Or Froot Loops
Submit a stage for either frosted flakes, froot loops or both. Please submit the location and explain the layout.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 20:

Frosted Flakes Stage:

Kellogg's Sports Arena

hqdefault.jpg

A location based off of the Frosted Flakes commercials (both animated and live-action), this is the perfect home for Tony. This stage has the same layout as Pokémon Stadium from Melee. There are two different transformations with minimal differences. There's the basketball court with two platforms represented by hoops and the ice hockey arena with the two platforms by the goals. Also, in the background, the crowd will usually sing/chant "We Are Tigers!" like in some of the Frosted Flakes ads. A fun Easter egg that will be incorporated is if that if you play as Tony on the stage, the whole song will be sung and some of the voices you hear in the background are from the various "We Are Tigers!" commercials such as the one with that high school basketball team and what not. And, when Tony gets a KO, he will chant "We Are Tigers!" and the crowd sings that back.

Froot Loops Stage:

Black Beak's Hideaway

hqdefault.jpg

Based off of the Black Beak saga commercials from the mid-2000s, this stage takes place in Black Bean's Hideaway where his treasure is hiding. There are hazards such as the guardians of the treasures as well as cave rocks falling. Also, this stage is another walkout stage (not as big as The Great Cave Offensive) but still a pretty decently sized layout.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We will be including an arcade mode so that will be decided later on. Submissions for Job #20 will stay open a little longer, but here’s job #21;

Job #21: Submit A Moveset For Tony the Tiger And/or Toucan Sam
Submit a moveset for Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam or both. All you need to submit are specials but if you would like you can do more of their moveset. Keep the moveset template in mind as you make a moveset.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I know no one has came up with a moveset for Tony the Tiger thus far. But, here's my try at this.

Tony the Tiger would be a middle-heavyweight who fits in with the rushdown archetype who's moveset consists of sports based moves. He will have a gimmick called "Supercharge" (reference to the Frosted Flakes ads where Tony fails but then eats Frosted Flakes to make him supercharged) where throughout the battle, when Tony gets hit, Tony's "Supercharge" meter fills up which is in the shape of a bowl with Frosted Flakes filling up in it. Once the meter fills up, he gains a stat buff and is basically similar to rage in fighting games.

Light: A simple tiger scratch

Light Dash: Tony pounces like a tiger/feline

Up Light: Tony lifts up his finger like he does on the Frosted Flakes boxes

Down Light: Tony just moves forward a little bit on a scooter.

Air Light: Tony lifts up a spoon with Frosted Flakes on it.

Up Air Light: Tony catches a football.

Down Air Light: Tony does a light soccer kick as someone would be passing the soccer ball to someone.

Strong: Tony swings a baseball bat like he's about to hit a baseball

Strong Dash: Tony the Tiger slides in as he is doing the drill known as "Suicides" (where you run back and forth)

Up Strong: Tony throws a football upward.

Down Strong: Tony swings a hockey stick downward.

Air Strong: Tony is hitting his opponent like a volleyball.

Up Air Strong: Tony lifts up a Frosted Flakes sports jersey.

Down Air Strong: Tony does a dive like he's going off of a diving board

Special: Baseball Throw: Tony throws a baseball at the opponent similar to a baseball pitch.

Side Special: GOOOOOOOAL!: Tony kicks a soccer ball and depending on the angle, the ball flies in that direction.

Up Special:Hot Air Balloon Ride
Based off of one of the older ads, Tony flies in a hot air balloon vertically.

Sorry if this is not good, I do not normally write movesets but I thought I would try since no one has came up with a moveset idea for Tony. Most of the moves reference the various Frosted Flakes ads while others reference sports/natural tiger behavior. Feedback would be appreciated. Enjoy!

Toucan Sam would be a middle-lightweight who will have great aerial mobility due to being a toucan. However, his main quirk/gimmick is based around his hobby of exploration. His moveset will consist of him using his explorer tools like a map and of course, following his nose to the fruity taste that shows! And, of course, moves are based off of the commercials of course.

Moveset is right now in WIP.

Light: Toucan Sam jams his beak lightly like a toucan.

Light Dash: Toucan Sam just flies across the stage.

Up Light: Toucan Sam points his wing up in the air lightly.

Down Light: Toucan Sam gets one of his nephews to tickle you with a feather.

Air Light: Toucan Sam lifts up his beak.

Down Air Light:

Strong Dash: Toucan Sam swings on a rope like he did in one commercial to ram right into the opponent.

Up Strong: Toucan Sam gets his nephews to lift out a treasure chest.

Special: The Hunt for Froot Loops. Here, Toucan Sam will point out a map and it can lock on a fighter for him to fly towards and "grab" (basically attack) an opponent for the Froot Loops. He will occasionally throw Froot Loops at them to distract them to increase the aerial combo.

Side Special: Follow Your Nose. Basically, similar to the Garfield and Pooky move in NASB, Toucan Sam puts out a bowl of Froot Loops and then smells across the stage to get to the bowl. Good for trapping.

Up Special: Up, Up and Away. Toucan Sam calls on his nephews to fly up with him.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sorry for taking so long everyone. The movesets of AlteredBeast AlteredBeast will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #22: Submit An Assist Item For Tony the Tiger and Toucan Sam
Submit a function for up to two assist items for Tony the Tiger and Toucan Sam. I randomly looked and saw that the official Kellogg’s site actually has some recipies for potential dishes made with frosted flakes (all of which look incredibly cursed) so I suppose those would be eligible. Please submit the item and it’s function.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes) Assist Item:

Tony's Turboz

c_374.jpg

This was a cereal sold in Canada that functioned as a meal replacement. Basically, when this item is given to an ally, it gives them super speed (hence turboz). The meal will make the fighter gain speed. Simple as that.

Toucan Sam (Froot Loops) Assist Item:

Froot Loops Jelly Beans

81y2QpRy8pL._SL1500_.jpg

Once thrown to an ally, they are able to have an arsenal of 50 jelly beans (ala projectiles). Think similar to Banjo's Neutral Special in Smash but with jellybeans. Basically, another projectile to add to your arsenal.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll close this job tomorrow but before then, I have a couple of submissions:

Frosted Flakes
See the source image

Yep, just frosted flakes. Simple as that. It causes you to specifically jump higher and gives a basketball jersey similar to the hat given by the rodeo king item.

Froot Loops Cereal Bars
See the source image

Yes this exists and it looks weird. Acts as a short battering item if not consumed.

Top Bottom