• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Followups and Combos

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
What have you found works? Share the wealth, friends

Nearly everything I seem to chain seems to be at pretty low percents and off the d-throw. Can't really figure anything else out, outside of an early dair into another aerial. So far I've only seen these mentioned on the forum -

D-throw to U-tilt - low %
D-throw to F-tilt - low-medium %
D-throw to Bair/Nair - low-medium %
D-throw to U-air - high %?

Dair to fair/bair - low %
Dair to bomber - low %

Even if it can be DI'd or otherwise avoided, what have you found works?

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
Turnips are great combo starters. Ive been practicing a short hop turnip throw to floating dair to fair. You should be able to combo a turnip into fair at high percents too.

D-tilt to bomber is also a reliable low percent combo.

Mr. Grabs

Smash Cadet
At very low percentages you can down throw >>> forward tilt >> down throw bair/nair. Getting the second grab isn't a true combo and is dependent on the defending players actions but it's absolutely possible and you should be prepared for it because it's good damage.

On floating big characters you can chain low floating dairs into each other or you can low float z-drop a turnip into fair/dair.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I should make a thread on this but she has A LOT of combos. Here are some basic ones to help you out

GF = Ground Float

At 0 from GF Nair
  • Dtilt GF Nair GF Nair Dash Attack
  • Dtilt GF Nair Dashgrab Dthrow Bair
At 0 from GF Bair
  • GF Bair GF Bair
  • turnaround Dtilt GF Nair GF Nair Dash Attack
  • Dsmash
At 0 from high float Dair
  • Fair
  • Bair
  • Uair > Uair
  • Uair1 > Dtilt > stuff
At 0 from Dthrow
  • GF Bair
  • Shorthop Bair
  • Ftilt
At 0 from Dtilt
  • GF Nair > Dtilt > stuff
At 0 from Fair
  • Dash Attack
At almost any percent from turnips
  • Dash Attack
These are only some of her combos, she had more (things with Uair dragdowns, Uair into Fair, turnip combos etc). Try these out first and you'll get a hang on how her combos work.

CruS

Smash Rookie
Any tips on how to perform instant gf fair? It seems this combo need it to be instant or close to

claystate

Smash Rookie
float aerials are unbufferable since they become shorthop aerials if you buffer the a button or the c stick

you can buffer the float itself but that's it...gotta time the fair input correctly

also what combo are you trying to land with instant gf fair?

CruS

Smash Rookie
I'm just trying to do GF.Fair > d.Tilt > GF. Fair
But like you say, it usually comes out as a sh.Fair

Top Bottom