• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FoD, lasers or no?

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
I know a lot of Falco's love FoD for the platforms (helps with pillars, etc.), including myself, but the one thing that pushes me away from the stage is the fact the platforms can screw with your lasering. Many times have I been going to approach (or in a defensive panic, lol) with a SHL and have one of the platforms rise right up from the ground and cancel it, and potentially lose a stock or stage control. So, the question is, should I focus less on lasers on FoD? My approaches usually consist of laser approaches, or baiting out an attack and waveshine to start a combo. Any advice?

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
Do you know how to Isai drop?
I might know what you're talking about, but I don't know that term. Is it either a double laser from the ledge (most likely not hahah), or a platform drop to a quick low laser?

EDIT: I just googled it, so platform dropping faster for more laser. Got it. But how could that be more effective on FoD? I doubt I'd have enough room to Isai drop and laser if I got stuck on on a low platform.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Just time the fast fall according to the plat hight, then Isai drop.

This stage isn't that big tho. You can also use AC bairs and DDing to control space. Laser only at appropriate spacing.

Overall the stage is good in a lot of matchups due to how it can increase followups. If they get spiked on a low platform, you can cover most of the platform with an fsmash. Plus there is a top platform for camping and the ability to walljump/tech. It just has some neat stuff for Falco.

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
Just time the fast fall according to the plat hight, then Isai drop.

This stage isn't that big tho. You can also use AC bairs and DDing to control space. Laser only at appropriate spacing.

Overall the stage is good in a lot of matchups due to how it can increase followups. If they get spiked on a low platform, you can cover most of the platform with an fsmash. Plus there is a top platform for camping and the ability to walljump/tech. It just has some neat stuff for Falco.
Yeahh, I fairly enjoy it for Falco (and Marth, of course lmfao), just had a bit of laser trouble. I tried Isai dropping after I saw the video and it's one of the most easy techs imo, just takes a bit of practice to do while focused in an actual match. Won't be hard to do, though

Top Bottom