• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Focus Cancel!! Melee + Brawl: Columbus, Ohio June 27th

J TYME!!

Smash Journeyman
Hello Everyone!

Hello, This is Michael Brandt, I am running the Street Fighter portion of the event, and also working with Kiets together on Smash.

Registration and friendlies will start at 11am and end at 230pm.
From there Kiets will post what tournament(s) will start at 3pm.

We anticipate between 32-40 smashers to attend. From there, they will decide which smash tournaments to enter.

Please visit and add Focus Cancel to your myspace page.

We are also working with BigCityTourney. They are kindly sharing their sponsors with us, and will be running the first UFC 2009 Tournament at Focus Cancel!

Marcell also produced the Focus Cancel Flyer that we printed a number of copies, and have distributed them all around key areas in Metro Columbus.

We hope to see everyone there.

Jinmaster.

TheLake

Smash Master
Hmm...this looks neat

I got my sisters grad party that day but...

Smash is dope soooo....

Me and some of ma boys might make it for this

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I've updated the new post with that info from Jtyme (who is organizing this tournament)

Since I haven't heard from AQTen at all, I will run Melee also.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
A couple people called the hotel yesterday and said there are no reservations and they don't have jinmaster's (real) name on record anywhere.

There already was a lot of drama in the main thread since the first page, but you guys might want to read some of this before you decide to go: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=190169&page=13

Please know this tourney has nothing to do with anyone else who runs Ohio tournaments. Not telling people DONT GO but if anyone wants to be aware of the situation this is what people have said.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
A couple people called the hotel yesterday and said there are no reservations and they don't have jinmaster's (real) name on record anywhere.

There already was a lot of drama in the main thread since the first page, but you guys might want to read some of this before you decide to go: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=190169&page=13

Please know this tourney has nothing to do with anyone else who runs Ohio tournaments. Not telling people DONT GO but if anyone wants to be aware of the situation this is what people have said.
Are you really going to bring this into here as well?

First off, Bigcity tournament DOES have a tournament on that day in C-bus.
Either the place is reserved under them, or JTYME is duping a ton of peops.

2nd off, I volunteered to help out someone who asked. I hope to do the same with you guys. Yes JTYME is a very very frank shrud person. I've seen far worse

3rdI'm going to personally check today, though read the shoryuken thread for some hilarious bashing. Anytime I read those forums, someone always trash talks the crap out of people AKA I can never believe a word anyone says on there unless the TO posts.

If I find out that there isn't anything in action for Saturday, then this will be canceled. Brawl players in the C-bus area could car pool with me to the Springfield tourne instead.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*desires to go....*

*... is scheduled to work pretty much every weekend this summer*

****! Maybe next time

DippnDots

Feral Youth
DippnDots
Worthington, Ohio
Melee

I'll be bringing a set up and as many of my crew as possible for melee.

God_Voice

Smash Apprentice
I noticed in the first post it says registration opens at 10 but is from 11 to 2:30. So what time does registration actually start? If it does start at 10 do I have to be there before 11?

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Yeah, we don't have HD stuff. Better than nothing.

BTW The tourne is still on! Venue is secured and paid for. This tourney is going to happen.

I'll update the first post soon.

As for the numbers, many people who do not post here will play smash as well. We might break 32 in both games. If we don't, we'll see if we can do doubles for both.

I would like someone to volunteer as a Melee Consultant for me since I haven't played the game since last year.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Are you really going to bring this into here as well?

First off, Bigcity tournament DOES have a tournament on that day in C-bus.
Either the place is reserved under them, or JTYME is duping a ton of peops.

2nd off, I volunteered to help out someone who asked. I hope to do the same with you guys. Yes JTYME is a very very frank shrud person. I've seen far worse

3rdI'm going to personally check today, though read the shoryuken thread for some hilarious bashing. Anytime I read those forums, someone always trash talks the crap out of people AKA I can never believe a word anyone says on there unless the TO posts.

If I find out that there isn't anything in action for Saturday, then this will be canceled. Brawl players in the C-bus area could car pool with me to the Springfield tourne instead.
Mike are you at it again XD

btw srk people are the best people around and if Mrwizard said its a possible scam then thats bad.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Mike are you at it again XD

btw srk people are the best people around and if Mrwizard said its a possible scam then thats bad.
I use to think the SRK people were ok, until I found out about their "tree house club" way of doing things.
If you bad mouth or question a mod or Mr. Wizard, you are suddenly on their hit list. I've seen way too many flame wars on those forums than any other competitive gaming forum and more people being banned that should have been. Way too much drama over there.

Ghaleon: Next time PM me instead of panicking everyone here if there is a danger. I am a responsible TO and would have looked into it if you asked me to. If you think that I would "be" Mike you could wait for a response, then post here.

No I'm not Mike, jeebus people. (Sorry if I seemed ****ed about you accusing me of being Mike, but it's been happening this entire time.)

Yes this is still going on.

I updated the front page:

Key info:
IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE HERE FOR BRAWL ONLY PLEASE ARRIVE AT 2 PMish.
Also we need surge protectors/extension cords.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Handle/Name:
PrinceAlus (Do NOT make the mistake of saying Alus as "Alice" it is "Eh~Loose".

Crew Name (If applies):
Nope

Game you'll be in:
Brawl...and I am also considering SF4...(I dislike the PS3 version but i like SF4 sooo much)

hough123

Smash Ace
I need to clear something up first:
Registration
Starts at: 10 am
Registration and friendlies will start at 11 am
Melee Pools: Starts at Noon
Brawl Registration 1:30-2:00
Brawl Pools: 2:30
Melee Singles: When Brawl Pools end (4ish)
Brawl Singles: 5-5:30ish
Melee and Brawl Finals (winner, loser, and grand) will start afterward and would be played on the live stream time pending.
So registration for what starts at 10, (it might be 11, but I can't tell =\), if Brawl's reg starts at 1:30? Can we leave after the pools to show up for the singles? This schedule is pretty confusing IMO.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Its confusing if you haven't done pools in a tourne before, but yes you can leave inbetween pools and singles depending on how large the bracket is.

10 is when the doors open for the tourne. 11 is when I'm putting people into the bracket.

hough123

Smash Ace
Its confusing if you haven't done pools in a tourne before, but yes you can leave inbetween pools and singles depending on how large the bracket is.

10 is when the doors open for the tourne. 11 is when I'm putting people into the bracket.
Sorry, pardon my inexperience D=
So I'll have to be there at 10?

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Alright peops, I'm heaidng to bed since I have to be at the venue at 9 AM.

Please arrive no later than 11:30 (if you are in Melee).
10 am is the earliest you can get in.

Big_R

Smash Champion
gah how about u do finals all at once who cares about a few mw melee scrubs on the live stream. fact:drephen vids are no fun to watch.

this only applies if me and or watty make it to finals cuz im tryin to go to the pool... and i know drephen wants to go to comfest...

just my 2 cents

im coming i suppose with a setup hook me up that 10$ venue fee is outrageous!

Top Bottom