• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flying spaghetti monster results!!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
So new fl melee pr looking like
1.hbox
2.colbol
3.plup
4.chops
5.linguini/blea gelo
6.linguini/blea gelo
Dont know the rest pretty debteable at that point. Clearly shiz is way to inactive now sorry get over it he doesnt play anymore. also I dont live here anymore. No more **** blea is a monster and has been proving himself!

Skarch,dark sonic,zidane,uberice,rockcrock,spider sense will probably fill the rest up. Oh and uuaa too he has been steping up. Good **** travis blea emillo and chops!

:phone:

Linguini

Smash Master
LOL nica your pr's are completely wrong. chops has only been to one tournament so his placement is iffy.

anyways gg's i got owned this tourney

Zoro

Smash Champion
Great tournament, thanks linguini and spider sense for hosting.

Fun matches with Clay, Blea, Apollo and Colbol.

Blea your Luigi is too good come to CFL and show everybody how nastee you are.

I'm going to research and find out if we can implement ELO ratings to rank people more objectively. We would still need some interpretation by panelists of course. There is tons of bias depending on where you are from. Most of the guys from CFL have a CFL heavy PR with Uuaa and Harriet the guy on it while south floridians have people like Zidane, Uber and Spider on it. It'll be interesting to see who makes the final cut. The hardest part is these people are never at the same tournaments as they don't travel much. The only way to measure their relative skill in that scenario is to compare who beats who, which is never really accurate. If people want to prove they deserve certain spots I think those that are being considered should travel to at least one out of region tourney.

In my opinion all those people besides Zidane (at this point) should automatically be considered. Not because Zidane isn't good but like Emilio said he's only done well at one tournament. People can make lists and ranks all day but because of inherent bias you probably won't come close to what the final product is going to be.

I've talked to Apollo about starting up a Panel for the PRs with the intention of releasing one in December after the following Advent and hopefully following FSM3/DC3. The panel would look like:
Colbol
Apollo
Rockcrock
Spider Sense
Linguini
Chops (if he continues to be active)

Hopefully once I look into ELO or other ranking methods we can come together and start talking.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
so, im going to say something that you guys wont like, and i already hate it.
some of the videos are broken, i dont know what happened, but i thought i was clear enoth when i said, never stop the video recording, ill organize everything when im at home. now, there are a lot of videos broken, i saw like 20 people messing up with the pc. i wont say names, next tournament please, dont touch my setup, just commentate.

i also need to know, wha matches did u play in the tv i was recording on, and when it came, before and after who

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
That's really unlucky. Sorry about that, Blea. Regardless, anything you can get us is greatly appreciated and we'll be sure to follow your instructions next time. Again, thanks for bringing your equipment to help us out!

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Do these guys go by any other names?
I'm Justin, Don't have a tag though. made this account years ago and never changed the name lol. I unfortunately didn't get to play you, but I was that peach player that played a lot against Apollo and fearless.

On another note wish I could have done better, sucks getting Blea first thing in losers, but next time I'll do better.

some shout outs:

Fearless: I shouldn't have warmed up with you! taken that yoshi of yours by suprise!! =P, but that peach of yours is nasty, It was nice playing dittos since I never get any.

Apollo: Thanks for helping me out with the dittos matchup. And I'm glad you thought my peach was really good, this is the first time I actually got to play other peaches since there are none in SFL

Ricky: Your Doc is mad smooth man, we had some really good matches, would love to play you in a tourney sometime.

blea: That luigi of yours man, always doing work. I need to stop downsmashing after those float cancels I keep getting punished since you slide away from it but its such a habit! next time I'll get a match off ya, you'll see! I'm coming for you!

Peach player from CFL that I can't remember the name!: sorry I'm bad with names! but it was good playing against you and talking to you. Sorry I couldn't tell you much about that samus matchup, or at least how to play marlon.lol I just play him so much that I do well against it. Next time I'll be able to help you out more hopefully.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I'm Justin, Don't have a tag though. made this account years ago and never changed the name lol. I unfortunately didn't get to play you, but I was that peach player that played a lot against Apollo and fearless.

On another note wish I could have done better, sucks getting Blea first thing in losers, but next time I'll do better.

some shout outs:

Fearless: I shouldn't have warmed up with you! taken that yoshi of yours by suprise!! =P, but that peach of yours is nasty, It was nice playing dittos since I never get any.

Apollo: Thanks for helping me out with the dittos matchup. And I'm glad you thought my peach was really good, this is the first time I actually got to play other peaches since there are none in SFL

Ricky: Your Doc is mad smooth man, we had some really good matches, would love to play you in a tourney sometime.

blea: That luigi of yours man, always doing work. I need to stop downsmashing after those float cancels I keep getting punished since you slide away from it but its such a habit! next time I'll get a match off ya, you'll see! I'm coming for you!

Peach player from CFL that I can't remember the name!: sorry I'm bad with names! but it was good playing against you and talking to you. Sorry I couldn't tell you much about that samus matchup, or at least how to play marlon.lol I just play him so much that I do well against it. Next time I'll be able to help you out more hopefully.
Just making sure since I'm already done with the ELO ratings just want to make sure I didn't have two names for the same person. I had ricky as a different person until I realized it was VGMastaRicky and I had to backtrack lol.

The peach player is Red Dragoon and he's one of our new guys.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Just making sure since I'm already done with the ELO ratings just want to make sure I didn't have two names for the same person. I had ricky as a different person until I realized it was VGMastaRicky and I had to backtrack lol.

The peach player is Red Dragoon and he's one of our new guys.
oh sweet, do these power rankings include previous tourney placements or are they starting now?

VGmasta

Smash Lord

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
ELO ratings start with Don't Choke 2 and include Advent 1/2 and FSM 2. We need more tournaments if this is to be precise

Zoro

Smash Champion
ELO ratings start with Don't Choke 2 and include Advent 1/2 and FSM 2. We need more tournaments if this is to be precise

What I've discovered is from one tournament you can only go up or down so much. You need at least two tournaments to stabilize at the place you probably should be at. That's why we probably won't consider ELO ratings for people that have only been to one tournament in this quarter.

There's still the two advents coming up and maybe a December sfl tournament. By then I feel we'll have more than enough data. Right now the elo is already looking very solid imo.
It's not too late to improve your elo. Two really good tournament performances can turn a low elo into a pretty high one. Just as an example Chops has 1280 with one tournament and I have 1240 with three. The next event Chops might have somewhere around 1350 which is around where Linguini is. I'll probably stay at 1240 give or take 10.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
What I've discovered is from one tournament you can only go up or down so much. You need at least two tournaments to stabilize at the place you probably should be at. That's why we probably won't consider ELO ratings for people that have only been to one tournament in this quarter.

There's still the two advents coming up and maybe a December sfl tournament. By then I feel we'll have more than enough data. Right now the elo is already looking very solid imo.
It's not too late to improve your elo. Two really good tournament performances can turn a low elo into a pretty high one. Just as an example Chops has 1280 with one tournament and I have 1240 with three. The next event Chops might have somewhere around 1350 which is around where Linguini is. I'll probably stay at 1240 give or take 10.
where is this list at? i ma such a noob -.-..

Linguini: nice tournament brah, i got lucky in that last stock we all know that bruh.

DannyG: that ganon is gettinng good really quick, getting more consistent there.

Criptyk: it sucks ur leaving to orlando bro. nuff said, lol

Colin: playing u is so hard dude, that fox is amazing, 2nd or 3rd best fox in my opinion.

Zoro: that link is just amazing, im really impressed, you are way much better than what i thought u were.

apollo: i hate i didnt play u this tournament man'

DarkSonic: same to u dude.

Fearless: you have a nice yoshi there dude, keep playing it, you will eventually get good at the match ups u have more problems with.

Justin: you are good dude, just need to be more consistent. u are welcome at zp whenever you want dude, u know that. pass by more, i bet you will be 30%better in 4 months u consistently go.

Marlon: i watched some of ur matches, u dont play as much but u always get better, pretty funnt though impressive. tell ur bro he is in the right way, keep up the good work.

spider: our match was awesome, i got lucky at some points, the difference between u and i is not that much believe me. (u good bruh?)

eli: i cant say anything to u, just go play lol and retire from smash noob, lol. jking

Clay: u good bruh?

chops: im impressed with ur falco, it's really hard to see what patterns u have when u do so many different things. nice falco

hydra: u've got so much better dude. u gotta go more to zp with justin, deff. check on the boards or in the facebook thread and come play with us more often dude.

Ghatsu: i loved to play wif ur falcon. ur getting good so quick bruh. 4 real im impressed.

Travis: ur will not read this so u suck, lol jking. good stuff right there travis, never expected to see u placing so high. lol

pillz: please tell me if u recorded ur match, if u did, ill upload that **** for real lol.

Nastee: ur falcon it's just amazing dude.

Steven: sucked u had to leave early dude.

To the people i forgot to mention, i love u all *****s.

it's impressive how good this community is. zp is like my family after 2 years of playing u guys, ur not friends of smash, ur friends for life. im also proud of how all sfl people did in this tournament, and even more proud, of belonging to the florida community. i know there is a good competence between sfl and cfl. i love that competence, but i like more, how we all represent florida, how good we all are, including ppl in nfl wich dont play anymore. **** california bruh, **** ny, **** everything dude, florida is florida.

in other notes:
-im working on the videos right now, i didnt lost as much as i thought. i did lost some matchs though. i do have the moneymatch fearless, i edited it already, ill be uploading videos starting today night. i have to finish em all though, i have like 6 edited besides fearlessvsspider moneymatch.

-thanks for CFL to come to this event, im doing my BEST to go to advent. i really want to go.

Zoro

Smash Champion
where is this list at? i ma such a noob -.-..

Zoro: that link is just amazing, im really impressed, you are way much better than what i thought u were.

it's impressive how good this community is. zp is like my family after 2 years of playing u guys, ur not friends of smash, ur friends for life. im also proud of how all sfl people did in this tournament, and even more proud, of belonging to the florida community. i know there is a good competence between sfl and cfl. i love that competence, but i like more, how we all represent florida, how good we all are, including ppl in nfl wich dont play anymore. **** california bruh, **** ny, **** everything dude, florida is florida.
Thanks man, I appreciate that

Yeah I think we have way more than enough talent to compete with the rest of the world.

The list is on my computer I haven't published it yet and I don't know if I will until the PRs. If you ask me I'll probably tell you where you stand right now but the numbers will definitely change the next tournament.

Blea you have the sixth highest elo considering only players who have attended two or more tournaments. The seventh highest elo overall when considering all players.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
People in NFL still play :(

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Alright, I had to wait for salt to drain out of my system before I could do this.

GGs to everyone I played.

Zoro: You're Link is very solid, I'm not sure why you hate Ganon so much as you seem to know the matchup pretty well.

Purple Peach player (NOT Apollo): I think you're name is Justin. You're Peach is pretty good man. I certainly could hang as Ganon against it. Good stuff.

Gahtzu: I really wanted that tournament rematch against you, it would've been like the tie breaker. The friendlies were fun, though.

Nasty: Although I think the outcome should've gone the other way, you did very well overall. Hopefully, next time there won't be any free-bees for you.

Chops: Definitely my favorite Falco. Just amazes me to see a Falco cover options in that manner. And that laser game. Hopefully my Falco will be that good one day.

Red Sparrow (Marion?): Your Samus has great defense, it's always an intense battle with you.

Andres?: I think you were the Marth/Fox guy I played against. Good match. You almost took the match away from my two stock lead. I'm not sure if those shine gimps were lucky, or skill. It's not even like you used ledge invincibility to just flat out shine my Up-B. Crazy because my Up-B is supposed to have crazy priority. Good stuff either way.

McEd: It was cool to see another Doc player here. I had fun showing some stuff about Doc. Keep it up and hit me up in the Doc boards or on AIM if you got any questions or concerns about Doc.

Darksonic: Good matches, glad I finally got to play you in a tournament match. I think I'll win next though. I'm sure of it.

Blea Gelo: Crazy-*** Luigi. I gotta learn that match up.

Everyone else, ggs. I'm glad it was a nice turnout. I ONLY came to support SFL region. I really didnt have the money or funds to come, but sacrificed what I could to come anyway. Don't think anyone should expect any attendance from me anytime soon though.

Anyways, it was great seeing everyone again. Thank you CFL for being great and traveling 6 hours to our region. And thank you SFL for showing up.

Btw, did that crew battle happen or NOT? I don't recall hearing about it at the tourney.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Blea can you post where exactly you posted the videos? I can't find them on your youtube page.

@ Ricky - Nah, crews didn't go down, and I wasn't about to do it with 4 people each from both regions.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
tournament video discussion, im still uploading em jason, just have one uploaded atm

guys i need to know who played in the recording set up. i have plenty of videos i cant recognize

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
apollo: i hate i didnt play u this tournament man'

To the people i forgot to mention, i love u all *****s.

Freakin' tell me about it! I've been dying to play you in tournament and when I don't even play you in friendlies, I feel like I've wasted an opportunity. Good seeing you anyway and please come to Advent! I'll be there for sure if SFL comes in force!

Also I totally agree about FL being an amazing region. I greatly enjoy meeting every player I run into here and am constantly impressed by good everybody is. Our CFL/SFL rivalry is simply a catalyst to help us all improve even more!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Just wanted to add that I love the character diversity I saw here this past Saturday.

I saw people using:
:bowsermelee: :falconmelee: :foxmelee: :icsmelee: :linkmelee: :nessmelee:
:peachmelee: :samusmelee: :yoshimelee: :zeldamelee: :drmario: :sheikmelee:
:falcomelee: :ganonmelee: :luigimelee: :jigglypuffmelee: :marthmelee:

That covers over 60% of the cast and I was able to learn something about all of them. Cool stuff guys.

Rekrul

Smash Cadet
Yo man, Florida is so stacked/legit. We got that Florida skill and pride.

Also, I REALLY want to see you at Advent Blea.

Pi

Smash Hero
yes blea please come to advent ever since that last tourney all i've been able to do is theory craft how to beat a luigi of ur calibur
but haven't gotten to test ANY of it

Top Bottom