• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FluxWolfs Guide to Stepping Up Your Game: Mental Strategies! v1.0

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Its natural to think negatively because life is full of more failure than success.This is why its so important to use experience and wisdom one gains from life to teach the young and unaware.

Your thread wins because you characterize the dangers of thinking negatively and you make aware the great benefits of intentionally thinking positively.I only wish things like this or similar to this were taught in school it would save alot of kids because they can then realize the cause and effect.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Glad this got posted. Stuff like this is often overlooked. To play good, to play good consistently, and to not choke you really need to ignore all possible failures and stay focused on your task to WIN. Wish there was a part about reading your opponent though, although I didn't read everything on this thread so I could've missed it.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
This is seriously a very good guide. Everyone could do with more positive thinking and self-confidence, and I honestly don't think you can be consistent without them.

Don't know why this was never stickied!! Get on this **** mods lol

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
This is seriously a very good guide. Everyone could do with more positive thinking and self-confidence, and I honestly don't think you can be consistent without them.

iirc it was contained in the old sticky, which i just realized is gone, that held links to various other basic guides. pretty much the 64 index thread but for melee

where did that sticky go and why i wonder

FluxWolf

Smash Lord

A long time ago they said it couldn't be stickied, but it was put in the list of good guides somewhere i guess <8^)

Armada

Smash Lord
FluxWolf: Great thread!

During my time in highschool the school was putting a lot of time to teach us this kind of stuff and I have to say you pretty much cover everything. Everyone in this community can learn from this and should =)

NNID
dansalvato
FluxWolf: Great thread!

During my time in highschool the school was putting a lot of time to teach us this kind of stuff and I have to say you pretty much cover everything. Everyone in this community can learn from this and should =)
Maybe that's why you're world champion, American high schools don't teach ****.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Since this isn't gonna get a sticky, I'm just gonna have to put this page in my favorites to keep this thread in view for myself haha

Bumping this thread one more time, because developing a positive and confident attitude is on of the best things you can do for yourself in smash (and life!)

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Thanks for the feedback guys; gotta say I forgot about this guide but its good to see some great players agree with me that this is one of the most important things to being a strong competitor. I have been thinking a lot lately and have decided to start acting on some things in this guide again to further myself some more. The cool thing is no matter how far up you get in whatever it is you're trying to succeed at, you can still use these things to improve yourself even more~!

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I'm going to be editing this guide with new info that I don't think was in here before.
Some stuff might be repeated since I haven't read over this guide in a while, but I just learned some new things I wanted to share
I'll let you guys know what I updated after I do it!

!!!!!!!!!
EDIT: Updated the guide with a New 2014 Bonus Section of some stuff I have been working on!!

Look for it at the bottom of the guide with the rainbow title Lol

Let me know if anything needs to be added to it or changed, I'm open for suggestions and opinions here.

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
The dankest of dank. If The Dalai Lama played smash he would preach this post. Good stuff FluxWolf.

BluMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMegaBluMan
3DS FC
2449-5111-5439
I already feel like I'm getting better, thank you so much for this!

Top Bottom