• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLUDD/Tornado solution.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
There’s a lot of arguments regarding Mario’s down b special.

-Some demand the Tornado back.
-Some are fine with F.L.U.D.D
-Some want it changed all together with Galaxy Spin/Cappy Throw.

Why not just combine both Mario Tornado and Fludd’s Turbo nozzle into a spin attack that pulls opponents within close contact and pushes away with the water if at long distance?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm not sure about that. There are moves out there that function differently depending on certain circumstances but they never radically change like that.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Well, considering Super Mario Sunshine was hand crafted by the gods, it's only natural it stays. Though it would be cool if aerial FLUDD became the hover nozzle (though admittedly, Mario's recovery is good enough as is)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I love Sunshine too but that move is pretty lame. It's incredibly situational to be useful in a more competitive game, and it's rarely fun to use from a casual perspective.

You squirt water on people to move them. :ohwell:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
This is probably where custom moves would come in handy, if they weren't just slight alterations of the original move. But do we really need Mario Tornado back since Luigi and Dr. Mario already have that down? Galaxy Spin I imagine would be similar to Mario Tornado, so that's out too. And if memory serves me right, they've already expressed that Cappy won't be helping Mario in Ultimate all that much. So that just leaves us with F.L.U.D.D. as Mario's Down Special in the end. Still would be great if custom moves allowed us to swap Mario's Down Special, though.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Well, considering Super Mario Sunshine was hand crafted by the gods, it's only natural it stays. Though it would be cool if aerial FLUDD became the hover nozzle (though admittedly, Mario's recovery is good enough as is)
OMG Aerial F.L.U.D.D. becoming the hover nozzle would be an excellent spike move! Though I do think a F.L.U.D.D. Spin would be cool if Mario flicks the control stick to the side when squirting F.L.U.D.D.

Also, instead of charging up F.L.U.D.D. the tank should have a meter indicating how much water F.L.U.D.D. has, and then Mario would temporarily be able to use a weaker version of the Mario Tornado until F.L.U.D.D. recharges.

Just like Robin.

Or, F.L.U.D.D. could cause one frame of flinching if it's set on maximum, and 0.1%-0.75% damage every second depending on water pressure.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
OMG Aerial F.L.U.D.D. becoming the hover nozzle would be an excellent spike move! Though I do think a F.L.U.D.D. Spin would be cool if Mario flicks the control stick to the side when squirting F.L.U.D.D.
Yeah, gives Mario more creativity, more style, and most importantly: more references to Sunshine!

Last edited:

LucR

Smash Rookie
This would end up pleasing no one. I say Fludd should be scrapped entirely and give Mario a ground-pound as his down B.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yeah, gives Mario more creativity, more style, and most importantly: more references to Sunshine!
Sunshine has a stage, music, and Bowser Jr's Shadow Mario. It'll be fine without the FLUDD.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I would have had Cappy Throw and FLUDD mixed with Super Jump Punch where it is chargable move boosted by FLUDD. Something like the Bower fight in Mario Sunshine.

Top Bottom