• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida T.O. MK Ban/nerfing Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I dont really care about anyone from the SRK community, just saying. They play their games and we play ours, if they wanna think that they are superior then let them who cares.

And i LOL at the random people posting in favor of MK being banned.
Seriously no one has come up with any good reason, im on the fence for the ban but im leaning toward NOT banning him just from the type of people who want him banned.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I would continue posting more stuff from the thread in Tactical Discussion, but I don't want to turn into a delivery boy. =/

Basically, many different points have been presented on this topic. If you want to know who has the best arguments, look up Ankoku for anti-ban, thrillagorilla for pro-ban, and Eyada for neutral.

gallax

Smash Hero
truthfully, i hate MK. i think he is the worst char ever. that being said though, i love killing him. i hate losing to him, but i love killing him. i say no to banniing him. he isnt unbeatable.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
And i LOL at the random people posting in favor of MK being banned.
Seriously no one has come up with any good reason, im on the fence for the ban but im leaning toward NOT banning him just from the type of people who want him banned.
He should actually never be banned because I'm gonna play the game again and what the fvck am I gonna do if he gets banned? Not like any of the other characters in this game are even the least bit interesting or fun to play.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Guys, I figured it out! Let's all just play that new TMNT game (smash-up?) when it comes out... :lick:

In all seriousness, why is there a need to ban MK? Quit whining and deal...:027:

Masky

Smash Master
I keep telling everyone this Splinter is gonna have a chaingrab on the entire cast

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
@sta***

lol @ MK having counters not being a valid antiban.

what other reasons could there be to not ban a character?

seriously, you brawlers need to really think this through.

a year of MKs winning tournies is nothing.

(id love to see you homos play a game like sf4 lol, youd all want sagat banned just because he has no disadvantage matches)

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I lol'd because it's true.
"Bawwww one character has a distinct advantage over all of the others, BAN HIM!"
Like this is the first time this has happened in a fighting game, people. Really?

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK =/= Akuma.....

MK is too good, but until results warrant a ban he shouldnt be banned.

The reality is the best players will use MK BECAUSE he's the best character, so it's a self fufilling prophecy. That decreases the likelyhood that those who can beat MK will beat ALL the good people using MK all the time.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
MK is too good, but until results warrant a ban he shouldnt be banned.
Everyone already thinks he should be banned though. He's not allowing lesser characters to expand and grow competitively.
In fact, they should have banned the top tier characters in MvC2, because I want to play Roll and I can't.
I do not understand you people. Good to know that the smash community I've come to grow and love will never change.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
@sta***

lol @ MK having counters not being a valid antiban.

what other reasons could there be to not ban a character?

seriously, you brawlers need to really think this through.

a year of MKs winning tournies is nothing.

(id love to see you homos play a game like sf4 lol, youd all want sagat banned just because he has no disadvantage matches)
Define counters. MK at worst (to my knowledge) has 55-45 matches and they're still on MK's favor.

At the moment I'm neutral on the situation. Only reason why I bothered quoting you was due to the lack of material in your post when you called people out (Indirectly).

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
here is how i feel about the MK ban idea

Im for it. my main reason is that he is problematic to the system the Smash Brothers was built on. A Counterpick system. Sure there are characters that are about even with him. but there are none that really counter him. In melee there was a triangle of power between fox marth and shiek (falco CF Jigglypuff and Peach could be thrown in the mix a bit too)

Snake gets gimped bad by MK, Dedede cant hang, Falco dies at low percentages to MK, Yoshi can Grab Release and thats it(but who cant do that to MK), He is like Akuma is ST he wins every tourney where there are decently skilled players, People who are good at the game dont even need to play with him to win. You beat their Main and if MK beats the snot outta that char they pick him and win. Then you are looking to counterpick him but you cant. Then you pick MK too. yaaaaaaay.... super MK brothers brawl. /vomit

OverLade

Smash Hero
Everyone already thinks he should be banned though. He's not allowing lesser characters to expand and grow competitively.
In fact, they should have banned the top tier characters in MvC2, because I want to play Roll and I can't.
I do not understand you people. Good to know that the smash community I've come to grow and love will never change.
Who's everyone? The people who want him banned and dont want him banned is pretty close to 50-50.

We have to accept the fact that not every character is tournament viable. If you want to play a acharacter you should...
But MK is beatable, too good, but beatable. If most of the amazing players use MK it shouldn't be surprising that people see how good all of his options are in comparison to other characters, but if other amazing players can beat htose players with other good characters than he shouldnt be banned.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
no but brawl players think he wont win if he mained someone else lol cuz thier so ful of it. hope mk is banned so m2k still ***** their dumb *****

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
cept m2k hed still be the best if he mained someone like snake
but thats because hes m2k, he can use any high tier character and probably win
no but brawl players think he wont win if he mained someone else lol cuz thier so ful of it. hope mk is banned so m2k still ***** their dumb *****
Well, M2K did say he will never beat a Falco using DDD.
But yeah, he'd still win the tournament.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
This is another good point.

I always wished MvC2 had their god tiers banned....I always wanted to play but my iron man hulk and Captain America team failed...cuz Sent Mag and Storm/Cap Commando ***** me everytime...sooooo gayyyy.....

I hate that i missed this past melee gigs...fail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom