• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaty Destruction at Low Percents

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
Ok so Ive been playing vs a lot of floaties lately and Im known for looooooving playing vs floaties with every character.
Getting the kind of percent from a grab you can on floaties can become similar to what happens to fast fallers if you just think of one thing:abusing their lesser defensive options/exploiting them

Ok so I'll use Marth as an example
Lets say you down through him. You can fair if he DIs in front of you, or nair or whatever, and followups for that are already pretty good and well known, but what if he does no di/in front of you? Should you do the same thing just with like a pivot or something? No, heres why:
If you do something like Bair > Dair in that scenario, its more percent than if you just go for like nair, but nair knocks them away farther, and they can totally tech dair, why would you?

Well this is where abusing lesser options comes into play, first of all, marth probably wont tech that dair tbh (especially at 0) and you can jab reset this or something pretty easily if he no techs (and no tech is easy to react to in this setup, because of the sound)
If he does tech roll away, GW is a great techchaser, and you can followup super quickly and with a huge combo starter, even another grab
If he techs in place, you still grab it or dtilt or something, but heres another good option after the dair:
FF down, then DJ right above them. This only really covers the in place options, but if you play vs a tech in place spammer (since it is hardest to react to with GW for sure) you can condition them against using that option, because you can hard cover with dair and put a whole bunch of percent on them if not straight up kill. Then when you see theyre afraid of your DJ coverage, theyll try tech away (and see that it gets them away from your DJ coverage) and you can then go to your easier to react to roll setups. It rocks

Ok so dont know how helpful this actually was, I just felt like a lot of people dont like playing vs floaties, especially with a character like GW who can just punish spacies so hard and thats why they might feel drawn towards the character despite his shortcomings. Just wanna put some ideas out that basically you can do that vs floaties too, I guess haha

Donnie_Cash

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I like playing against floaties. It gives me time to think. I feel like when you vs spacies/fastfallers, you need to have been in the situation prior to it happening to play decent.

Top Bottom