• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLIGHT of GANON! (5 minutes of manly new Flight of Ganon action)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
NO, I cannot do the Flight of Ganon from an attack. That's more on the level of ISJR'ing and I am incapable of doing it. Something for the future, we hope.

fter seeing the dawn of this new tech (discovered by the Japanese), we all looked toward mastering the art of Ganon's super jump. After seeing the latest Super Ganon Time (also by the Japanese), we saw the Flight of Ganon used in ways we never thought were possible. Now, it's time for American players to take hold of true mastery of this technique and apply it in ways that could make it useful in any and all settings.

I present to you: Ganon's Super Jump: A Whole New Level

In this video, I show Ganon's Super Jump used in many more ways than the short-hop + DJ Air Dodge method:

-Full-hop U-air -> DJ air-dodge -> FoG
-Full-hop B-air -> DJ air-ddoge -> FoG
-Ledgehop F-air -> DJ air-dodge -> FoG
-PLATFORMS (Including the Battlefield one on SGT!)
-SLOPES
-A faster way to do the old method (by doing a full-hop instead of a short-hop)

All of these mathods are performed throughout most of the legal stages, although as long as you can do the short-hop FoG, there isn't a stage where you can't pull off a Flight of Ganon shenanigan. With the methods shown, though, you can be completely unpredictable in attempting this technique and use it to throw off your opponent during a match (Remember that instead of doing the FoG, you can do a SJR and use any aerial/special technique you'd like. Doing that with all of these methods is a real plethora of mix-ups).

Also included is video evidence for the Murder Quake Cancel brought up by GanonkingAbyss in this thread there: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254011 All credit for the find goes to him.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
This is amazing. I think the top of Ganon's metagame right now should be mastering when you could use FoG on different stages for constant aerial bombardment. After all, the only thing inhibiting Ganon's awesome aerials is his jump height.

What about FoG aerial ---> airdodge on the way down into another FoG?

lol, I like the ending.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I want you to explain, are you sure that you are 100% buffering this? Because the most important part of being able to do this AT is being able to buffer it.

TP

Smash Master
I LOVED the stuff on Yoshi's and Halberd. I'm putting that stuff in my game.

:034:

Clai

Smash Lord
I want you to explain, are you sure that you are 100% buffering this? Because the most important part of being able to do this AT is being able to buffer it.
I'm not very adept with my terminology, so I don't quite understand your question. Being able to pull off this AT is all a matter of timing, so if you're asking if there's enough space for me to consistently time the AT, then I guess my answer to your question is yes, but I really don't know what you want me to explain.

FoG is a technique that you just have to get a feel for.

What about FoG aerial ---> airdodge on the way down into another FoG?
I have not been able to time this, the airdodge ends too late for me to input a FoG in. I haven't tried it too thoroughly, though, so it might be able to work.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You know that Ganondorf's autocanceled D-air requires buffering to pull off, right?

Buffering is being able to input commands before you are actually allowed to use them, and it ques the action to come out on the first frame possible. In the case of Ganon's autocanceled D-air, you can press the attack button immediately after you press jump (look up the video of Thunder Storming on youtube and watch how a guy has his thumb on the Y and the A button at the same time), and within the startup of Ganon's 7 frame jump you will have buffered the D-air to come out the first frame possible.

In Brawl, you have a 10 frame window to do most things frame perfectly basically as long as your character frame data is in sync with what you are trying to do.

So what I'm asking is if all those air dodges used to set up the Flight of Ganon were done on the first frame possible when you either jumped from a platform or did a midair jump out of lag.

Because if you can buffer this consistently, then you can do this as consistently as Thunderstorming.

The whole reason why I set X to specials on my controller is basically to buffer the Flight of Ganon lmao. Not to mention frame perfect low altitude aerial flame chokes, and a few other random miscellaneous things that require frame perfect buffering of a special during a jump.

Clai

Smash Lord
You know that Ganondorf's autocanceled D-air requires buffering to pull off, right?

Buffering is being able to input commands before you are actually allowed to use them, and it ques the action to come out on the first frame possible. In the case of Ganon's autocanceled D-air, you can press the attack button immediately after you press jump (look up the video of Thunder Storming on youtube and watch how a guy has his thumb on the Y and the A button at the same time), and within the startup of Ganon's 7 frame jump you will have buffered the D-air to come out the first frame possible.

In Brawl, you have a 10 frame window to do most things frame perfectly basically as long as your character frame data is in sync with what you are trying to do.

So what I'm asking is if all those air dodges used to set up the Flight of Ganon were done on the first frame possible when you either jumped from a platform or did a midair jump out of lag.

Because if you can buffer this consistently, then you can do this as consistently as Thunderstorming.

The whole reason why I set X to specials on my controller is basically to buffer the Flight of Ganon lmao. Not to mention frame perfect low altitude aerial flame chokes, and a few other random miscellaneous things.
Ah, okay, I understand what you're getting at now, and I can say that when I do FoG's, I input my air dodges immediately after the mid-air jump (or full jump, in the case of slopes), so the concise answer to your question is a definite yes.

The harder part of doing it is to get the right height to use the mid-air jump + air-dodge. Sometimes I can do it really consistently, sometimes I can only do it a couple of times. That's why I say it's only a matter of getting the timing- because the air-dodge buffer means nothing if you mess up the height. I try to practice it whenever I can so I can get the timing down right and make it as consistent as thunderstorming, but obviously this technique is harder to pull off.

I set my X-button to attack, btw. It was originally so I can do walk-off d-airs without fast-falling, but I'm beginning to use it a lot in doing full-hop u-airs so I don't up-smash by mistake. Other than that, I can FoG fine with the original control set-up.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
The whole reason why I set X to specials on my controller is basically to buffer the Flight of Ganon lmao. Not to mention frame perfect low altitude aerial flame chokes, and a few other random miscellaneous things that require frame perfect buffering of a special during a jump.
yeah I set mine like this as well, though I initially started as a lucas main back in the day, so it helped with my zap jumping. Then, as I started falco, it helped my IAPs, and then FoG with Ganon. Whenever I play Bowser I use it as well to klaw hop, but that's rare lol

Anyway, I figured out the Uair and Back air ones on the wifi practice stage while waiting to play people, but all the stage specific stuff is completely knew to me. I was also surprised you didn't show the ledgehop air-dodge into FoG, though you did show the Fair thing(which is sick). Insane testing must have been done to do this, so I commend you for that my dude.

Honestly, I regularly incorporate FoG into any situation that it has even the slightest chance of benefiting me. In fact, I should have a replay up soon of me using it on a kirby a few days ago[**** combo btw :)]. All of you other top Ganons really need to just explore with him and practice as much tech stuff as you can with him(stage scarring, FoG, platform cancel jumps, etc), even just using wizkick on a BF platform as an edgeguard. Little things like this will DEFINITELY bring us more recognition as a force to be scared of.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I have confirmed that an FoG -> FoG is unfeasible.

The timing for when you have to do the air dodge is so extremely early that there could be no point to it. It rules out any aerial -> air dodge -> FoG strings.

There's always the possibility of an aerial -> FoG at the right moment, but that would be just like any SJR. Really hard.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I have once done the FoG to warlock punch before. God did it feel good, and then I realized I had no room for save data. That is when I cried.

This is very impressive stuff, but I can't do the air dodged version of this for some reason. I can EASILY do the WKC version [but who can't?]. I've read the instructions and see the video. I guess I should just keep practicing until I get it.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Good Job Clai.

I liked a lot your stuff, especially Fair/Bair -> Flight of Ganon. Good **** dude !

Well, when I get a Free Time I will try to practice this stuff. A few months ago I was wondering if Fly of Ganon could be included in a High-Level play. I thought your stuff very interesting.

If we include this stuff in our gameplay and improve it, we could use FoG intentionally during the match with some purposes which I don't know how to explain now.

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
you can do infinite fog...you just can't use any arials while you're doing it xD

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
This thread is almost 2 and a half years old. I know this is the Ganon boards, and that we Ganon mains are masters of the arcane art of necromancy, but we prefer our talents in necromancy be saved for animating the dead rather than old threads. Please don't necrobump, my dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom