• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votecount 2.7

2. UtopianPoyzin
4. Z25: Pokechu
5. Giraffelasergun: UtopianPoyzin, Sabrar, Z25
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Sabrar

Not Voting
Giraffelasergun, Pythag, Kary;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is March 22nd, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote: giraffelasergun

If this is a town flip, that means tomorrow is Lylo. That means absolutely no fast votes under any circumstances. Not in the first 24 hours, and after that only with warning beforehand. In that situation I would look at Poyzin > Pokechu > z25.

Also UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin you better be prepared for tomorrow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votecount Final 2

2. UtopianPoyzin
4. Z25: Pokechu
5. Giraffelasergun: UtopianPoyzin, Sabrar, Z25, Kary
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Sabrar

Not Voting
Giraffelasergun, Pythag;

Important Game Links

Notes:
GLG has been lynched. Ranmaru will post flip in next post.

^= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is March 22nd, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Giraffelasergun was lynched! He was a vanilla townie.

It is now Night 2. Deadline for actions is March 25th, at 11:59PM EST.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No one has died night 2.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is April 1st, at 11:59PM EST.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 3.0

2. UtopianPoyzin
4. Z25
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Sabrar

Not Voting
Everyone

Important Game Links

Notes:
N/A

^= V/LA

With 6 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 3 is April 1st, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary what would it take for you to vote Z? because I have everything you would want!

But since there's no night kill?? We should maybe no lynch LMAO

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh no night kill. Now is that because of a bullet proof or doctor? Regardless that helps us out a little bit. We really need to weed scum out

Sabrar

Smash Ace
So Z2S, please present your cases. You said that the D2 flip was more important anyway than the nightkill.
BTW, I support no lynch.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweet, no deaths!
I feel very dumb after that kill. Fire some reason I feel like this was just an elaborate setup by Kary all along, but I haven’t taken the time to formulate anything that makes sense.

ranmaru ranmaru is this MYLO?
are you doubling down on Kary?? I thought it was pretty agreed upon your case fell apart if GLG was town.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Sweet, no deaths!

are you doubling down on Kary?? I thought it was pretty agreed upon your case fell apart if GLG was town.
I really don’t know. I’m going to have to completely reassess my life soon. I also agreed that my initial case on Kary relied on Glg being scum. Please just give me time to think.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I support No Lynch too! You're asking Sabrar and not me but I want to talk after a few days of blathering in my role PM :]

If we No Lynch then we get an extra day phase! Hopefully. I mean, there's 6 of us now, right? If there were three scum remaining we'd have already lost. So if there's 2 scum, and we mislynch today, and they nightkill, we lose. But if we No Lynch today and they nightkill, we still have a D4! I think. if you're a third party raise your hand

also I kind of concur with Poyzin that the missing night kill could be a set up from someone?? I think it was like, keep everyone alive so that way it's harder for town to pick out the scum. Their odds go up a bit basically. But by no lynching, we throw it right back at them!!!
who else is scum besides Z?
Z's def scum but I still think people are really overlooking Pythag, my second top scumread. So him. Still him. Because he's really showed a lack of initiative and I feel like not in a good way? Like GLG i could see it coming from "busy town" (which, given his flip, it probably did). But if half of all your posts are just questions???? I feel like, it's not that your best food isn't forward, it's that a foot at all isn't forward!!!! I could at least see an attempt with GLG but I can't with Pythag. Also I think his posts towards you were kind of weird? Like when he said you said GLG was clear for instance. I think he wasn't caught up and he tried to explain it in #555 but it was on mobile or it glitched or something. IDK

But I'm definitely interested in putting the spotlight on Pythag toDay. I'm also interested in what others have to say about him because I feel like as a whole, like he hasn't posted much, and people haven't discussed him much.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I feel very dumb after that kill. Fire some reason I feel like this was just an elaborate setup by Kary all along, but I haven’t taken the time to formulate anything that makes sense.
I really don’t know. I’m going to have to completely reassess my life soon. I also agreed that my initial case on Kary relied on Glg being scum. Please just give me time to think.
It's your own fault for tying yourself to the GLG waggon. AND you've already had 3 days to think about it.

If you don't have 2 scum reads within the next 48 hours I'm voting for you then and there.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also I kind of concur with Poyzin that the missing night kill could be a set up from someone?? I think it was like, keep everyone alive so that way it's harder for town to pick out the scum. Their odds go up a bit basically. But by no lynching, we throw it right back at them!!!
explain this

Sabrar

Smash Ace
It's the mathematically correct play. As Pokechu said it's easier to lynch corrrectly when there are less suspects if the number of scum remains the same. Also an extra night would give additional chance to gather information from any town PR-s.
Why are you questioning No Lynch in MYLO? It's Mafia 101.

Scum deliberately not killing anyone only makes sense if they are in a very comfortable position, meaning top town-reads.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
explain this
Here's my thought process! shifts glasses HAH! My avatar actually has shades on!

So I think obviously given how there wasn't a night kill, it could have been like doctor targeting the correct town or jailkeeper targeting the correct mafia. But I also think a scenario exists where the scum didn't want to play LyLo. Because LyLo would be 5 players, 2 scum and 3 townies. That means from every town player's perspective, they have a 50% chance to knock out scum. Because there's 4 slots other than them, 2 scum 2 town. That's actually really good odds! Like you could randomly lynch and maybe win LMAO

But if the scum doesn't night kill, the odds go down to 40% (so a little lower) and there's an extra slot that'll be getting attention and distracting players when everyone thinks of like, possible scum team comps.

And not only that, it might! also be a way to win the game. Maybe. Like if they didn't night kill. But there's a jailkeeper or doctor? And they targeted someone. It could be like a false positive! So if the jailkeeper says I GOT X LYNCH THEM it could be on a townie. And today's MyLo so scum would win.

That's what I think. I wouldn't discredit scum doing that, messing with the town. I think it's an option!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Here's my thought process! shifts glasses HAH! My avatar actually has shades on!

So I think obviously given how there wasn't a night kill, it could have been like doctor targeting the correct town or jailkeeper targeting the correct mafia. But I also think a scenario exists where the scum didn't want to play LyLo. Because LyLo would be 5 players, 2 scum and 3 townies. That means from every town player's perspective, they have a 50% chance to knock out scum. Because there's 4 slots other than them, 2 scum 2 town. That's actually really good odds! Like you could randomly lynch and maybe win LMAO

But if the scum doesn't night kill, the odds go down to 40% (so a little lower) and there's an extra slot that'll be getting attention and distracting players when everyone thinks of like, possible scum team comps.

And not only that, it might! also be a way to win the game. Maybe. Like if they didn't night kill. But there's a jailkeeper or doctor? And they targeted someone. It could be like a false positive! So if the jailkeeper says I GOT X LYNCH THEM it could be on a townie. And today's MyLo so scum would win.

That's what I think. I wouldn't discredit scum doing that, messing with the town. I think it's an option!
Oh! Yes, EBWOP, No Lynching would be throwing it right back at them because it forces them to nightkill and put us into LyLo, with the 50% chance to get clapped.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's the mathematically correct play. As Pokechu said it's easier to lynch corrrectly when there are less suspects if the number of scum remains the same. Also an extra night would give additional chance to gather information from any town PR-s.

Scum deliberately not killing anyone only makes sense if they are in a very comfortable position, meaning top town-reads.
The odds are irrelevant, because we're not lynching at random.
Oh, and our tracker already flipped, so I don't know where you're going with that one.

mafia 101 sounds like a class for beginners. I do not consider myself a beginner.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh! Yes, EBWOP, No Lynching would be throwing it right back at them because it forces them to nightkill and put us into LyLo, with the 50% chance to get clapped.
So you think scum might have, as a strategy, decided not to kill anyone.

EVEN THOUGH, there is an obvious counter to that, which is that town can no lynch in response?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So you think scum might have, as a strategy, decided not to kill anyone.

EVEN THOUGH, there is an obvious counter to that, which is that town can no lynch in response?
Yes! There's worse things they could have done. I've seen a scum team forget to vote LyLo and then they LOSE LMAO

I don't think a night kill abstinence is that bad!!! Messes with the town esp. with a possible false positive and the scum team could also benefit from the extra day themselves!! Like if they want to get their thinking cap on and improve their standing with the town. That might help them going into LyLo! So thinking about it like that even if town goes No Lynch that's not necessarily a bad thing for them.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I didn't say random. It's true nonetheless.

Did I miss the rule where there could only be 1 PR? If there is only 1, how do you explain no death?
You're giving scum more chance to control the narrative by removing a town player, and you throw away the possibility of two successful saves giving us an extra lynch.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't think a night kill abstinence is that bad!!! Messes with the town esp. with a possible false positive and the scum team could also benefit from the extra day themselves!! Like if they want to get their thinking cap on and improve their standing with the town. That might help them going into LyLo! So thinking about it like that even if town goes No Lynch that's not necessarily a bad thing for them.
who in this playerlist would decide to no kill Night 2?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
and you throw away the possibility of two successful saves giving us an extra lynch.
Yes, that's true. However I think that banking on two successful saves is an inferior play and I admit that I could be wrong here because the math is not straightforward.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
who in this playerlist would decide to no kill Night 2?
Definitely not you LMAO

The list is

2. UtopianPoyzin
4. Z25
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Sabrar

Going just off of circumstance, I could see Sab doing it maybe? Since just they replaced in yesterDay, maybe they want to put more content out there. To be honest it sounds like something Z and I might do too, with how the NZone played sometimes. But Z isn't really suspected so the extra day probably wouldn't help him .

I don't think Poy would do it, you probably wouldn't either. I could see Pythag doing it to get more content out as well. The last two lynches have been inactive towns LOL

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

By that logic, you should be voting Kary then then

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also going by GLG’s flip, we should re-evaluate Kary and Up. Both making big cases in GLG but both were very different

Sabrar

Smash Ace
By that logic, you should be voting Kary then then
Were I to believe that scum withheld, you would be correct. But i never said so. Why are you eager that I vote Kary?

@Kary: Z25 + 1.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Going just off of circumstance, I could see Sab doing it maybe? Since just they replaced in yesterDay, maybe they want to put more content out there. To be honest it sounds like something Z and I might do too, with how the NZone played sometimes. But Z isn't really suspected so the extra day probably wouldn't help him .

I don't think Poy would do it, you probably wouldn't either. I could see Pythag doing it to get more content out as well. The last two lynches have been inactive towns LOL
This whole train of thought is completely preposterous and I have a hard time thinking you seriously believe it.

Sabrar, someone who's generally being townread and who replaced into the game with a clear plan on a GLG townflip for some reason wants more time to post things? They want to no kill in the hope that town maybe has a PR left that maybe gets a false positive?

This is complete horse****, Pokechu

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This whole train of thought is completely preposterous and I have a hard time thinking you seriously believe it.

Sabrar, someone who's generally being townread and who replaced into the game with a clear plan on a GLG townflip for some reason wants more time to post things? They want to no kill in the hope that town maybe has a PR left that maybe gets a false positive?

This is complete horse****, Pokechu
omg LMAO snatched and wigged what a call out!!!!

I was just putting out my $0.02!!! LMAO I believe it!!! Like I think it's a possibility. I mean, I've seen crazier things. Sabrar was a replacement for a replacement LOL like I can see if they'd want more time to rise to the top and prove themselves. Z was already reading Bess better than Sab for instance.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
omg LMAO snatched and wigged what a call out!!!!

I was just putting out my $0.02!!! LMAO I believe it!!! Like I think it's a possibility. I mean, I've seen crazier things. Sabrar was a replacement for a replacement LOL like I can see if they'd want more time to rise to the top and prove themselves. Z was already reading Bess better than Sab for instance.
Plus I mean like you never know, it's not JUST Sab. There's two scum left so it could be like Sab + Pythag for instance. IDK. You asked me who on the player list I think would do that, and I answered. What's so bad about that? LOL :joyful:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm town now I take it? That's quite the turnaround.
Correct. You explained yourself in #581, #585 and #586 in a much clearer way than what you presented before so I reevaluated. Plus I like the indignation with which you reacted to my accusations.

Top Bottom