• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not ready to call Kary scummy because of that, but I am thinking of doing the scary thing and still voting GLG despite Kary's 'clear.'
I literally said he wasn't clear!

We put GLG in the firing line yesterday and I think he reacted well. I don't think he's cleared but I'm not interested in pushing him right now.
Were I to trust your GLG read (over UP), that leaves the remaining Z25 and Pokechu as scum.
I said I would be your doublevoter! I don't want you to trust in my read. I want to hear your high-quality reads and agree with them.

When I first read your comment about 'two joke votes' I thought you were talking about Poyzin and GLG voting each other, because they've been opposed ever since RVS. What do you think about that interaction?
Also answer this please ^

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just to be clear, you're saying here that it's suspicious how at first Sab (can I nickname you that?) at first made the blanket statement "Not being willing to read is scummy" but later expanded it to "but there could be IRL reasons"?

I don't think that's a scum tell. Like it's just common sense, imo, that IRL reasons would be the exception. You shouldn't be expected to add "qualifiers" or "exceptions" like that to every point made, the first time you make the point, and I know no one automatically does add them. Not alignment indicative really, they just furthered the thought
I don’t know given the state of the world right now, I’d have to imagine that irl stuff should be an immediate thought for lack of activity here not an after thought.
Also I think it's kind of weird how you're questioning them for attacking the "town-read" player (Kary) here

but you applauded Poyzin for doing it

I guess that quote of yours was about their GLG vote and wall but it did heavily link it to a scum!Kary too. Like just because someone is universally town-read doesn't mean they shouldn't be immune to criticism I think
Utopian already pointed this out but that is nowhere n at the same thing. Utopian built his read up over time and focusing more on GLG even if scum Kary was as part of that idea. He did not come into the game with this idea. I also applaud that we had good streams of content regardless of what it was more then anything else.
uh okay

tell me again who did you want to lynch today?
Pokechu or GLG. Both can yield good info, but the former I think is likelier scum

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Pokechu or GLG. Both can yield good info, but the former I think is likelier scum
Okay.
At the start of the Day you said:

I’m in the same vein as Bessie, utopian or pokechu. I can’t shake the feeling that one of them is scum. Utopian could give us some information upon flip at least
-1 what would you say was the reason for this feeling you had at the start of the Day?
-2 what changed so that GLG has taken the place of Poyzin in your lynch pool?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey, yes. I've read it. Also, sorry I wasn't trying to be disingenuous in my previous response, it just seemed you spent a LOT of time talking about kary.

I like your big post on GLG. I was for that lynch, and most of your quotes seem fair. I like your big post more than your EoD posts on GLG, which made me nervous.

Kary was my top town read at the time, and his main defense of GLG was that he looked town judging by his responses to the wagon, which is what gave me pause, especially when he was colliding with your views.

But by all accounts in my mind, Kary should be townreading you for the same response. You gave a reads list, you showed your line of reasoning, yet Kary voted you earlier today.

Kary why did you give GLG a pass and not UP. How were their responses different in your eyes?

I'm not ready to call Kary scummy because of that, but I am thinking of doing the scary thing and still voting GLG despite Kary's 'clear.'

Sabrar Sabrar Welcome!

But that slot under bessie wasn't interested at ALL in protecting me.
What were you thinking of that slot pre-sabrar?

@Kary double vote me?
View attachment 266496

PoE if you and UP is a TvT :
UP - Town
Kary - Town
Sabrar - Town (going off of my previous bessie read)

That leaves : GLG, Z25 and Pokechu.

Were I to trust your GLG read (over UP), that leaves the remaining Z25 and Pokechu as scum.

Kary, has Sabrar's play greatly affected your Bessie read?
Have you softened on UP? Do you think his play is scum, or just misguided?

Pokechu I have been one of your top reads for scummy play.
Yet you defended(?) me against Bessie? What's that about?
Bessie I was feeling cofident they were town.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay.
At the start of the Day you said:

-1 what would you say was the reason for this feeling you had at the start of the Day?
-2 what changed so that GLG has taken the place of Poyzin in your lynch pool?
Utopian posted a lot more content I liked. I don’t agree on everything but it feels like a better progression and more natural to me of someone trying to get better at solving a tricky game

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Here's some more things about Z I've been chewing on
Pythag has been quiet sort of low activity because of irl stuff according to them.

I’ve been here consistently offered decent enough thoughts with what I could work with. We are pretty much polar opposites plays and push wise imo. Which sure scum could distance themselves, but I tried the same thing last game as scum and it didn’t work.

So why would I do it again?

And honesty I liked pythags early content more then yours because it at least felt like he was trying. With your content it’s a lot of random content that feels like it’s attempting to piece things together but sort of falls flat with tour ambition. Although kary summed that up pretty well.
Is anyone else confused by his weird defense of Pythag? He uses a general argument to lift him up and put me down (feels like he was trying! your content feels random). I can't use anything to disprove that and he can't use anything to prove it either because you can bring any quote and label it "random."

And he specifically said he liked pythag's page 7 which literally had nothing to like: 1 post saying "wait a minute", 1 post about meta, 1 glitch post, 1 meme, 5 question posts, 1 post about mistaking someone else's, and 2 posts about me following Kary. Super weird to act like you can see how that's town but you can only see my content as random and uninspired. Also weird how he defends Pythag's low activity here but makes a jump on Sab when he (Z) thinks Sab is doing the same thing (defending Pythag's low activity).
When someone starts to go against him, he makes potshots and kind of OMGUSes like his opinion is the only one that can be right.
I said this in my wall #364 and his response proves it right
Honestly there is way to much here for me to deal with on mobile but 3 things:

1) I actually would say I have a decent reason to feel how I do on that slot. I already said this multiple times but his last game shows a play style akin to this.

Also if he flipped scum what would you say then?

2) You clearly haven’t paid enough attention in these games if you don’t think people kill night one as a joke every so often. It’s night one scums odds of hitting anyone important would be low( admittedly they got lucky here though). So it’s not out there. Especially when Maven has literally killed people like Nabe as a joke night one( or it was the other way around. To many HBC members in our past game).

So yes people with heavy past experience with someone can absolutely pick a joke target night one for a kill. So bringing that up wasn’t crazy.

And if your gonna to preach to me about staying on a target, your in the same damn boat considering you followed Kary around like a lost puppy yesterday and just automatically went for their vote at request.

3) Please explain to me how I can be proactive if there’s barely substantial evidence and content for me to analyze. I can’t do my job of analyzing if no one else is heavily posting. Most people( and very likely scum) are trying to cost by no doubt.

I could see here and talk to my self all day long and flood the page with text, but what the **** would that accomplish if only Kary is actively participating?

The answer nothing. So yes your logic here makes no sense and now your the one seemingly to throw dirt, despite the fact you’ve been just as uncommitted.
I don't feel like he really tried to dispute much about my argument. He brought up meta which is nice but I feel like that never goes very far (and I wasn't in the game he was referring to with Poy). Mostly he just threw it back at me ("you haven't been paying attention", "you're in the same boat", "now you're the one to throw dirt but you've been just as uncommitted"). Like I think there's a difference between his post here and Kary's #407 after Poy's wall on her. Like she didn't try to reflect it back on Poy. But Z does reflect it back on me

I also find it strange how he's upset about me "following Kary around" (even though I didn't really, he mentions it again in #371 too), but he makes this response to Sab
I literally said early on kary was my top town read and I would listen to them the most. If I was scum mates with them that would be quite frankly the stupidest decision I could make.
This can also be seen as "buddying" which Z holds against me and is really just WIFOM. But it seems like he means for this to be taken seriously. Like a lot of the points he uses against me are just WIFOM (refer to the first quote in this post, about him not being teamed with Pythag). Kind of shallow and doesn't really dispute my arguments

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votecount 2.5

2. UtopianPoyzin
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun: UtopianPoyzin, Sabrar
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Sabrar

Not Voting
Z25, Giraffelasergun, Pythag, Pokechu, Kary;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
No Changes
Page top is hard to get with 40ppp

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is March 22nd, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Utopian posted a lot more content I liked. I don’t agree on everything but it feels like a better progression and more natural to me of someone trying to get better at solving a tricky game
Can you tell me specifically what you disagree with UP on?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu are you going to respond to my case against you (427) or are you just hoping that it goes away?
yes

:joyful:

LMAO kidding! I was getting to it. I've meant to say some of that stuff about Z for a while so I wanted to get that out first. Plus it did touch some similar bases
Vote: Pokechu

Pokechu Pokechu Pokechu Pokechu if you're not going to work with me then I have no reason to keep you alive.

Your reads haven't developed between Day 1 (206) and Day 2 (411), and you have not done anything to try and develop them. You are not being pro-active this game, either questioning or pressuring the players you find suspicious. Instead you are being very passive.
I addressed the "reads not having developed" in my first post to you I think. Like I know they've been developing because I know my thoughts. But also writing my ISO's I realize I didn't say much about Bessie for instance. So I can see why you think this, so I'll try to check myself every now and then to see if my content's missing anything. But at the time I really didn't think my content was that lacking (and I'm also not sure what you want me to do to be proactive, I think that means different things to different people).
The other problem with your case against z25 is that you are being very selective in what counts towards your scumread, and seem to ignore other parts of his content. You do not offer any opinion on his reads list (289), nor do you talk about how he used his vote (for example he never voted for town Maven).
I get the feeling that you are only trying to justify your scumread, and are not trying to evaluate z25's slot overall and get a good read on him.
To be fair, isn't that what you do while making reads? Like being SOME sort of selective. Because not every post from someone will be a red flag. So this part kind of confuses me. I didn't have a strong opinion on his reads list because it was very generic (top town you, Bess also high up, GLG and Poy both low). Although it is because of this post you made that I looked at it again and found his Pythag read, so this is a good point. But I do feel like I talked about how he used his vote in #364, just not in the way you wanted (I showed how his vote on me was kind of weird). I feel like him not voting for town Maven is null because scum could do that because they know he's town. He votes on GLG saying "I'll trust Kary!" so that's some more of the "buddying" he has me pinned for. But he says he wouldn't be opposed to lynching him for answers, which I can see that train of thought since D1 is usually a shot in the dark. But I kind of don't like how he doesn't say what answers he would get. Like what information specifically he'd be interested in. Maybe he did? I'll look into that
I get the feeling that you are only trying to justify your scumread, and are not trying to evaluate z25's slot overall and get a good read on him.

Being passive does not automatically make a player scummy. But when you criticize z25 for not being proactive:
The first bit I can't dispute, likewise with me only making the Z wall in response to being scumread by bess etc. That's speculation that bringing up a quote can't confirm or disconfirm. The second I don't recall nailing him only for being passive, it was that in conjunction with everything else. One thing I mentioned was how he was posting in the thread, about there being nothing to post about LOL like that's the difference. it's like... make your own content. If you want to post there's always something to say or do imo

This shows that you realize you should do more, but you're not doing it. You're scummy by your own standards.
Again, you could say "I made a case against z25", but I would counter: you didn't even vote for him. I don't get the feeling that you really believe what you're posting when you don't back it up with a vote.
Don't agree with the first, since I really thought my content level was decent. This goes with what I said earlier about me knowing my own development. I also touched on it a little bit in my first post to this because I said I wanted to see Z's reaction to the wall. I also can't dispute the second bit because me not voting is to be expected and I feel kind of similar to what you said about GLG using people saying "I'm town" as nailing them for scum. like it's not a good thing to use to support a scumread. It's just how I like to play, I don't see the point in casting votes right at the start of the phase. Maybe it's because the NZoners didn't and the last hour we'd be like "OK GUYS GET YOUR VOTES IN" LMAO
My other problem with your play this game is I dislike your direction and how you are focusing your attention. You seem to be giving GLG a pass on his behaviour while accusing other players of things like 'being quiet'. Maybe if you had given a full reads list I could understand your perspective a bit better, but when there are arguments like Poyzin vs GLG going on and you seem to not care about them at all, it feels like we are not even playing the same game. You don't want to be my doublevoter but you aren't doing enough to make your own stances clear. The end result is I have a hard time believing the part of the picture you do share with the rest of us.
I think my GLG ISO maybe cleared this up? Like the perspective from which I was seeing his slot ? But I do think it's disingenuous to say I didn't care about Poyzin vs GLG when those posts had only been up for like a day. Like it's not like I said I would never comment on it! I was just busy LOL
Again, in your case you do not have any questions for z25, you are already at the stage of drawing conclusions:
also this! I can see your problem with it! I didn't see it like that at first. but it's almost the end of the phase now and I'm still looking at Z. Like he hasn't put out anything that heavily changed my read. That's what that bit in my wall was supposed to mean. like just that I wouldn't be surprised if it was the end of the Day and I was still against Z

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's some more things about Z I've been chewing on

Is anyone else confused by his weird defense of Pythag? He uses a general argument to lift him up and put me down (feels like he was trying! your content feels random). I can't use anything to disprove that and he can't use anything to prove it either because you can bring any quote and label it "random."

And he specifically said he liked pythag's page 7 which literally had nothing to like: 1 post saying "wait a minute", 1 post about meta, 1 glitch post, 1 meme, 5 question posts, 1 post about mistaking someone else's, and 2 posts about me following Kary. Super weird to act like you can see how that's town but you can only see my content as random and uninspired. Also weird how he defends Pythag's low activity here but makes a jump on Sab when he (Z) thinks Sab is doing the same thing (defending Pythag's low activity).

I said this in my wall #364 and his response proves it right

I don't feel like he really tried to dispute much about my argument. He brought up meta which is nice but I feel like that never goes very far (and I wasn't in the game he was referring to with Poy). Mostly he just threw it back at me ("you haven't been paying attention", "you're in the same boat", "now you're the one to throw dirt but you've been just as uncommitted"). Like I think there's a difference between his post here and Kary's #407 after Poy's wall on her. Like she didn't try to reflect it back on Poy. But Z does reflect it back on me

I also find it strange how he's upset about me "following Kary around" (even though I didn't really, he mentions it again in #371 too), but he makes this response to Sab

This can also be seen as "buddying" which Z holds against me and is really just WIFOM. But it seems like he means for this to be taken seriously. Like a lot of the points he uses against me are just WIFOM (refer to the first quote in this post, about him not being teamed with Pythag). Kind of shallow and doesn't really dispute my arguments
Out of this the last part I’ll address.

Listening to someone I have as top town read more then anyone else is not really the same as buddying.

Just because I listen doesn’t mean I follow. As you saw I stayed on GLG due to my own reads and ideas.

Unlike you who has switched anytime when asked to Katy’s target.

That’s buddying, not what I was doing. But nice try in trying to form any sum of logic here against mine. Because really you’ve just been trying to reverse things onto me and make me sound hypocritical, because you genuinely can’t think of stronger pushes. It’s why I have you as a very likely scum

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can you tell me specifically what you disagree with UP on?
I agree with most of his GLG points, I don’t think his Kary argument was great, but neither did he. Still it felt like actual effort to try and solve was going into that post.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Unlike you who has switched anytime when asked to Katy’s target.
This is blatantly false and you know it. You are aware I've already corrected someone on this.

You understand you've been acting as a double vote and are now trying to say you haven't been overly buddying someone? Like there were multiple instances last day phase where Kary tagged you to vote for someone and you did?
I only voted twice yesterDay. once when I came into the thread the first time, that vote was for Maven, and that vote was also unprompted (no one told me to make it). And only one of the times where Kary tagged me, once again voting Maven. Even now Kary tagged me when she voted Poyzin, and I haven't voted Poyzin. That's not overly buddying
Still you listened to them the first time without hesitation. If Kary is scum and got lynched and flipped as such it would look bad on you for blindly trusting someone when you would have had no strong reason to at the time.

So I think that point is still fair on glg’s end. Especially when I don’t think you have really said why you did it unless I missed that.
also very nice OMGUS here
But nice try in trying to form any sum of logic here against mine. Because really you’ve just been trying to reverse things onto me and make me sound hypocritical, because you genuinely can’t think of stronger pushes. It’s why I have you as a very likely scum
Vote Z25

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Okay I've realized we're rapidly running out of time. I was going to try and make Pythag post more but I guess that can wait.

I want to lynch GLG today and then regardless of what he flips I want to lynch Poyzin on Day 3.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Okay I've realized we're rapidly running out of time. I was going to try and make Pythag post more but I guess that can wait.

I want to lynch GLG today and then regardless of what he flips I want to lynch Poyzin on Day 3.
If regardless of what GLG flips (meaning its not alignment indicative for Poy), shouldn't you want to lynch Poy toDay? Like if you have a bad read on him whether GLG is town or scum.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
How in hell is this a townie thing to do? Why not lynch Poyzin today if you're so sure about him but have doubts about GLG??

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Okay, so this site does not notify you if a new post has been made before you hit reply. Good to know.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Okay, so this site does not notify you if a new post has been made before you hit reply. Good to know.
I think it does! I think it's a little slow but usually it'll pop up at the bottom (like right above where you actually make your posts) that there have been new posts in the thread.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If regardless of what GLG flips (meaning its not alignment indicative for Poy), shouldn't you want to lynch Poy toDay? Like if you have a bad read on him whether GLG is town or scum.
How in hell is this a townie thing to do? Why not lynch Poyzin today if you're so sure about him but have doubts about GLG??
I think that they're both mafia. I want to lynch both of them even if I am wrong about one of them. The order actually doesn't matter to me but I think most people would prefer GLG first since he's not contributing and his flip probably gives more information.

I think they are both scummy independently of each other, and I think it's very possible that Poyzin is bussing his inactive partner.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

So does that mean I’m more scummy than GLG? Like GLG can be either town or scum in your book, but you’ve already decided that I’m also scum and should be lynched D3?

Poyzin is bussing his inactive partner.
Lol you and I both know I’ve been on the hunt for GLG far before he went inactive. At what point did it turn into a bus?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think that they're both mafia. I want to lynch both of them even if I am wrong about one of them. The order actually doesn't matter to me but I think most people would prefer GLG first since he's not contributing and his flip probably gives more information.

I think they are both scummy independently of each other, and I think it's very possible that Poyzin is bussing his inactive partner.
Mmm

I can see why you would think to lynch GLG first because he seems like an easier lynch to get the town down on (do you mind saying what information you want from the slot though?). But if you think it's specifically Poyzin bussing, shouldn't you lynch him first? I guess the order doesn't really matter to you because you think they're both scum. But if Poyzin was lynched toDay and he flipped town, that shows he wasn't bussing. Would that affect your read of GLG?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Lol you and I both know I’ve been on the hunt for GLG far before he went inactive. At what point did it turn into a bus?
Literally at the start of the game where you both voted each other for weak reasons in RVS.

I also recall you went inactive at the start of Day 2 as though considering your options, then came in hard with a GLG + Kary scumteam, very much full of confidence in your GLG read.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I also recall you went inactive at the start of Day 2 as though considering your options, then came in hard with a GLG + Kary scumteam, very much full of confidence in your GLG read.
You’re not wrong, but I fail to see how that supports the idea of a Poyzin + GLG scumteam by me being inactive for a portion of D2, while my content that I have posted very much exemplifies my current thought process.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Also you’re currently voting Pokechu? You may want to change that to match, unless you’re alright with the contradiction.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is blatantly false and you know it. You are aware I've already corrected someone on this.

also very nice OMGUS here

Vote Z25
I wish I could explain it more but I’m really starting feeling that you and Z25 are TvT. Like both of you have valid arguments against each other but I think that you might both be town here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I don’t think I can see poyzian being scum.

It’s already been pointed out but if your cofident in this, then vote him first.

GLG is inactive and mafia would have no night key if that’s the case and full prove to us if he was scum or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t think I can see poyzian being scum.

It’s already been pointed out but if your cofident in this, then vote him first.

GLG is inactive and mafia would have no night key if that’s the case and full prove to us if he was scum or not.
Of course that’s if Poy is actually scum then we have no night kill. Because GLG has seemingly been gone since Tuesday

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
While I do appreciate the beginning of the post, this wouldn’t necessarily be true. If GLG and me were scum and I get lynched, GLg can easily whirl around activity during the night and make a kill. This wouldn’t solve anything imo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
While I do appreciate the beginning of the post, this wouldn’t necessarily be true. If GLG and me were scum and I get lynched, GLg can easily whirl around activity during the night and make a kill. This wouldn’t solve anything imo.
In theory this is true, but correct me if I’m wrong he’s been prodded right?

That means he’s had no communication here. I really doubt he would throw away his slot just to lurk and then get a night kill in this scenario and come back seeming perfectly cleared.

Especially when he would like my still be lynched anyway due to the suspicions still being there. More so if you were scum

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don’t think I can see poyzin being scum.

It’s already been pointed out but if your confident in this, then vote him first.

GLG is inactive and mafia would have no night kill if that’s the case and full prove to us if he was scum or not.
so you think Poyzin is town, but you would rather I vote for him than someone you want to lynch?

Really struggling to understand your POV here.

I am not interested in trying to abuse the night kill logic as you suggest, because it's not reliable at all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so you think Poyzin is town, but you would rather I vote for him than someone you want to lynch?

Really struggling to understand your POV here.

I am not interested in trying to abuse the night kill logic as you suggest, because it's not reliable at all.
I never said I would vote the same. I just stated that by your viewpoint that would make more sense. Personally I’d rather lynch GLG out of the two, like you. I’m just saying your logic there could be proven one way or another based on the order of your vote wish list there

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kary, I know GLG isn't 'clear' just by your recko
I literally said he wasn't clear!

I said I would be your doublevoter! I don't want you to trust in my read. I want to hear your high-quality reads and agree with them.

Also answer this please ^
I know you didn't say he was literally clear, but I had you as one of my top town reads, I need to reconcile some things then.

With regard to the votes / interactions of UP vs GLG :

In comparing Fire and Ice, scum!GLG didn't once vote or even talk to his scum partner. There were like 0 interactions.
This game, D1, GLG interacted the most with UP. Granted the pool isn't too big (he didn't interact with many people to begin with, but I think that's Null)
If you're only going on meta, I think it starts looking unlikely that GLG and UP are both scum.
this is why I'm hemming and hawing.

I don't think GLG would even do a joke vote as scum.
GLG is relatively close to UP in terms of interactions (while UP, at least up until EoD D1) was far in terms of interactions.
I'm not sure GLG would engage that much with his own scum partner.
Plus, this quote sticks to me in a weird way :

I want to hear Mavens case too since he's definitely the first to have really made a scumread this game.

Anyway, Vote: UP.

A lot of the humor from this slot feels forced. I don't enjoy their entrance of once again asking Kary to solve the game for them, and I feel like their point about the improbability of them being scum was a genuine attempt at having people dissuaded at the notion, and they only backed down once called out. They're not doubling down on anything in general.
This wasn't addressed once by UP, I'm pretty sure.
It's not like it's a smoking gun, but I do find it interesting at the very least, that Raxxel was beginning to call him out. Also the doubling down is interesting to note, as soon after he has parked on GLG.
I know it's kinda wifom, cause, hey, raxxel died, so who is UP trying to prove himself to by doubling down.

GLG interactions to UP, plus getting the heebie jeebies from UP on the GLG lynch EoD yesterDay are mostly what I'm going on.

I think at this point I'd rather lynch UP than GLG.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
preemptively, yes, they could be a team together. I was asked that before.

I'm not good at reading GLG, so my meta analysis is pretty much all that is based on.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You’re not wrong, but I fail to see how that supports the idea of a Poyzin + GLG scumteam by me being inactive for a portion of D2, while my content that I have posted very much exemplifies my current thought process.
I think your plan from the beginning was to hard distance, and to bus if necessary. You dodged a bullet Day 1 thanks to my swing onto Maven, and then at the start of D2 you both weren't sure where to go next.

GLG comes in at the start of Day2 doing his weathervane impression asking people who they want to lynch today, while you are rather inactive and don't respond to anything. When both Bessie and z25 suggest lynching Poyzin after I mentioned the same thing end of Day 1, you feel forced into a position where you have to do something to try and seem town. You definitely seemed to change gears between Day 1 and Day 2.

If it's a bus that explains your overconfidence on GLG being scum, and why you are already planning ahead trying to put blame on me for the next Day. It's a win-win move for you as scum because you look good if GLG flips, and if he doesn't die then you're both alive another Day.

I don't think anything about the timing of your interactions and your relative inactivity proves my theory. I think that you're both scummy individually. But you asked 'since when?' and this is the answer, which I think is consistent with it being a bus.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I never said I would vote the same. I just stated that by your viewpoint that would make more sense. Personally I’d rather lynch GLG out of the two, like you. I’m just saying your logic there could be proven one way or another based on the order of your vote wish list there
It would make sense from my POV if I was the sort of person who liked to gamble on whether an inactive is going to return or not.
That's putting aside the possibility where GLG is town and mafia no kill in order to try and frame him, AND the possibility of a town protective role, etc.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
idk if you're a little behind my current train of thought, but my current plan is to just kill them both. It's possible we win, and seems very unlikely we lose.
wow that last sentence came out pretty vague and unhelpful. I mean if we lynch them both I think that only ends the game with a win.

Top Bottom