• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Welcome to Flavorless Mafia III. There is no flavor here.

Fundamental Rules

1. Please enjoy this game, and do not personally attack other players in a manner that is offensive.
2. Do not use hidden or encrypted text. Do not use code. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (And if you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
4. If you believe a simple mod mistake has occurred, please address this in-thread and in bold. If you believe a large moderation mistake has occurred, or you have a dispute, please contact me via PM.
5. You are not allowed to quote your role PM or quote a fake role PM. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.) If you are unsure if your paraphrase crosses the line, ask me via pm.
6. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod and the co-mod.
7. Editing your posts is not allowed. Upon each edit you will receive a mod-vote. Mod-votes do not hammer a player.
8. Do not use this (color) and (color) as it is the mod's color.
9. I reserve the right to change the rules at will, and even in extreme circumstances enforce it retroactively. If a strategy feels shady to you, you might want to take it up with me first.
Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command, e.g. Vote: Red Ryu.
2. You can unvote, e.g. Unvote: Red Ryu, which removes your vote from the player you were voting. It is not necessary, but it is appreciated if you do.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice, e.g. Vote: No Lynch. A majority voting for this choice will end the Day with no player being lynched.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a deadline is reached. If a deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be a no lynch.
5. No posts during Night.
6. If you're nightkilled, you may post one information-less "bah" post.

Activity and Deadlines
1. You are required to post at least once every 48 hours. You will be prodded otherwise. An accumulation of too many prods (3) will result in your replacement or a modkill, depending on the circumstances. If feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing / modkilling. If you have a pre-planned absence, please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. If your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you will be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
2. A single deadline extension will be granted if a majority of players request this, e.g. Request Deadline Extension. This extension will last only 24 hours.
3. Each day phase will last 7 days. Night phase will be 72 hours.
4. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
Sample Role PM
Hello, Player. Welcome to Flavorless Mafia III. You are a vanilla townie. You have no abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Player List

2. UtopianPoyzin
4. Z25
6. Pythag
8. Kary

Dead Players

1. Maven
2. Raxxel
3. Girafeelasergun
4. Pokechu
5. Sabrar

Replacements

1. You
2. You
3. You

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Updates

Game has begun.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This post is reserved, in case I need to use it for anything. Ignore this.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's currently confirmation phase. Roles have been sent. Confirm in thread once you have received one. Game will start when 7/9 confirmations are posted or within 48 hours, whichever comes first.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
confirm

let's turbo lynch the new guy eh?

I'll post for real sometime tomorrow. I really don't want to mess up my sleep more than I have already.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Cccccconfirm

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Confirm

10characters.

why is 10 characters still a Limit? Do we not have the technology to do single letter posts?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Formatting for posts count's as characters, so if you post open formatting and close formatting on posts with nothing in between it still counts.

so that post is really just:

c ['/b] [/'b] without the apostrophes. Also confirm.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can confirm, and we don’t need character limits where we’re going

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Day 1 has started with 8/9 players confirmed. Deadline is March 11, at 11:59PM EST.

Votecount 1.0

1. Maven
2. UtopianPoyzin
3. Raxxel
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. ZestofLife

Not Voting
N/A

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is March 11, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

ZestOfLife

Smash Rookie
Vote: Kary getting the guy out before he gets me out ez gg

Also how is the meta generally here? Is it like MS?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
how embarrassing!! I was the last one to confirm :x in fact I NEVER confirmed and the game started!!! :xxxx the cool kids will never want me now

Vote Maven for claiming Kary as your waifu. They're a strong independent woman who don't need a man

Will probably be busy most of tomorrow (today? I mean Wednesday, but I'm posting this at 2 AM) and most of Thursday. But will gladly come in and annoy you all tons on Friday!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote Maven for claiming Kary as your waifu. They're a strong independent woman who don't need a man

FoS Pokechu
for saying I'm independent and don't need nobody but then voting to defend me.

Hello I’m Maven the jailer
Gosh I’ve missed playing with you.
If one of you would explain the context of this for little old me I'd appreciate it. Looks a little bit like Maven is claiming mafia roleblocker right now.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
[QUOTE="#HBC | Kary, post: 23860472, member: 209958"
If one of you would explain the context of this for little old me I'd appreciate it. Looks a little bit like Maven is claiming mafia roleblocker right now.[/QUOTE]

I just thought it was hilarious that he would post a claim during confirmation stage.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I swear, mobile posting is going to be the end of me. First post and I fall flat on my face

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
GLG* off to a good start.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
FoS Pokechu for saying I'm independent and don't need nobody but then voting to defend me.
Good point!!!! I hadn’t thought of it like that! Touché

a vote for Maven is always a good idea though, and so it remains

and I think the jailer bit is referring to a past game where some dude on day 1 waltzed into the thread and said they were the jailer. It happened in one of Emblemnier’s games I think. Mutton Mafia?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun you must be scum. You must know how foolish you are. You’ve made posts in this thread without even flirting with me once. Are we still husbands?

Tell me who you find the hardest to read out of this bunch. You’ve played with most of everyone here, right? Don’t say the hardest to read is me because you’ll hurt my feelings

Maven89

Smash Master
[QUOTE="#HBC | Kary, post: 23860472,] Looks a little bit like Maven is claiming mafia roleblocker right now.[/QUOTE]

unvote

vote: Kary

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun you must be scum. You must know how foolish you are. You’ve made posts in this thread without even flirting with me once. Are we still husbands?

Tell me who you find the hardest to read out of this bunch. You’ve played with most of everyone here, right? Don’t say the hardest to read is me because you’ll hurt my feelings

You disappeared for months! You tell me if we're still husbands.

I think of the players in the game, I've never played with ZestofLife(also hello ZestofLife, nice to meet you!) so I don't think I have a good read on them. There are a lot of people in this game I'm inclined to town read just off of general vibes. But in general I think I have the hardest time reading Up and Pythag. I feel like I have an easy time reading you, and will probably decide what your alignment is before End of Day 1 and stick with it for the rest of the game.

Vote: GFG for voting for my scumbuddy.
Raxxel is a little suspicious for defending UP so hard, maybe I should switch my vote.

Maven89

Smash Master
I feel like I have an easy time reading you, and will probably decide what your alignment is before End of Day 1 and stick with it for the rest of the game.
Terrible plan

Raxxel is a little suspicious for defending UP so hard, maybe I should switch my vote.[/QUOTE]

do it or don’t, no half measures

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Pythag Pythag
Going pretty fresh out of playing with me in Sorcerer's, how much do you intend to rely on self-meta in order to gauge me?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good point!!!! I hadn’t thought of it like that! Touché

a vote for Maven is always a good idea though, and so it remains

and I think the jailer bit is referring to a past game where some dude on day 1 waltzed into the thread and said they were the jailer. It happened in one of Emblemnier’s games I think. Mutton Mafia?
how old are you?

Vote: GFG for voting for my scumbuddy.
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 1.43.25 PM.png

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
vote: Kary
I guess you don't feel like explaining the context, then, huh.

Maybe you are the town jailer and this is some big-brained play I'm too daft to understand.
Or maybe you're mafia, just trying to see if you can get away with a fake claim, and you can back off and say you were just joking if people don't buy it.

Either way I don't see how I'm the bad guy for calling it into question. But we can adjourn this to Day 2 if you like and we'll see if you're still alive.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Going pretty fresh out of playing with me in Sorcerer's, how much do you intend to rely on self-meta in order to gauge me?
This is hard to answer. I'm really much more of a gut player, and was blown away by the strategy that everyone in the previous game utilized.

Even at the very end, I was still unsure if you were mafia or not, and kary mentioned last game that since you have so few games, your meta is super likely to change. that keeps bouncing around in my head.

How much will I rely on that this game? idk?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm going to assume you're asking me about my meta read on you. (If I am using self-meta then surely I am trying to give meta about myself)

The answer is I don't know, because I've played one game with you and that isn't enough to base a meta read on. Maybe you do act noticeably different or have certain tells as either alignment, but I will have to wait and see.

More to the point, why do you care? Are you already worried about what people think of you?

Top Bottom